• 2 weeks later...

hey i know im kinda late but is there anyway i can recolor the tails? :3 

It's not very hard to do it yourself, if you're up for that. Just open the tail's texture in Photoshop (you need nVidia's .dds plugin, though) and change the hue/saturation/whatever you want. It's really not that hard and it will open up a lot of modding potential if you ask me (really liking a mod but wished it looked a LITTLE bit different? Modify it yourself!).

hey i know im kinda late but is there anyway i can recolor the tails? :3 

It's not very hard to do it yourself, if you're up for that. Just open the tail's texture in Photoshop (you need nVidia's .dds plugin, though) and change the hue/saturation/whatever you want. It's really not that hard and it will open up a lot of modding potential if you ask me (really liking a mod but wished it looked a LITTLE bit different? Modify it yourself!).

Yea i tried that but there are no dds files that come with this mod only nif and nif file can't be modified with photoshop :(

• 3 months later...

Has anyone found a fix for the "seizure" tail problem? I made a succubus but, I really want her to have a tail. I downloaded these, used the Alduin one, looked fantastic on her, but the spazzing began and would not stop. I saw a video that inspired me to create a succubus character a long time ago which featured a half-dragon follower and she had the same tail spazzing problem. The person giving the review mentioned that he realized this happened when his FPS was close to or at 60. I checked mine and it was between 58-61 when the tail was at it's worst. I honestly don't know if that's the cause of the problem.

So, are there any fixes or does any one know of an Alduin tail I can use that doesn't go berserk?

EDIT: I was looking up some tails on Nexus and the mod author of one of these mods said, "...I know of one bug more than 40FPS and the tails start to twitch around..." So I guess it is an FPS thing :(

I know it's not supposed to and I've read countless forums in regards to this but, there seems to be a 50/50 debate over whether to force your FPS to not go over 60 or leave it a lone. Both sides have valid points. I chose to leave it be. The only issues I've had thus far is with the tail and HDT hair. I don't care about bouncy hair. I just want a tail.

(snippy)

So, are there any fixes or does any one know of an Alduin tail I can use that doesn't go berserk?

May want to try tail found in WanHunYi outfit.  Really well made with own xml file.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38362-project-unified-unp/page-111?do=findComment&comment=1564985

Equipped it on PC and the NPC - Selene Kate - Kiss Me (nexus mod) and we danced together with it using that mods dancing feature.

Both of us have full UUNP  special bodies with HDTnodes/xml added to everything including NiOheels,  I have HDT hair, she has HDT wig (KS HAirdos)  and nothing went spazzy despite all the movement and so many active HDT nodes.

I did JFF edit the Hair though - the default xml spazzes for me.

I know it's not supposed to and I've read countless forums in regards to this but, there seems to be a 50/50 debate over whether to force your FPS to not go over 60 or leave it a lone. Both sides have valid points. I chose to leave it be. The only issues I've had thus far is with the tail and HDT hair. I don't care about bouncy hair. I just want a tail.

With the advent of variable Vsync there is zero reason to allow your framerate to go over 60 for any Bethesda title, and if something is still getting random impulses after then it's a badly written xml file.

May want to try tail found in WanHunYi outfit.  Really well made with own xml file.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38362-project-unified-unp/page-111?do=findComment&comment=1564985

Equipped it on PC and the NPC - Selene Kate - Kiss Me (nexus mod) and we danced together with it using that mods dancing feature.

Both of us have full UUNP  special bodies with HDTnodes/xml added to everything including NiOheels,  I have HDT hair, she has HDT wig (KS HAirdos)  and nothing went spazzy despite all the movement and so many active HDT nodes.

I did JFF edit the Hair though - the default xml spazzes for me.

Thank you so much, that outfit is so pretty! Unfortunately it's not compatible with my PC's body, she uses CBBE. I appreciate the suggestion. xoxo

With the advent of variable Vsync there is zero reason to allow your framerate to go over 60 for any Bethesda title, and if something is still getting random impulses after then it's a badly written xml file.

Well, I guess I'll force it to not go over 60FPS. Either way, if people are having issues at 40FPS with tails then as you said, it's a badly written xml file. :(

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Trying this out and it seems to work, but I can't seem to stop the crazy spasms. It'll go nuts and stretch everywhere and even when it settles my fps will plummet. 

Now I figure before I even bother with trying to open the xml to nose around I suspect I know the issue: I'm trying to use a rather old hdt set (this one to be exact: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27122-working-vagina-hdt-collisions-hair-physics-now-with-belly-support/

I've switched to some other hdt set files and that seems to solve the spasms. I've tried both alternate xmls for the tails in this thread and so long as I have the older file for breasts and such in place it persists. Problem is I really like the movements that file so... may have to choose one or the other. 

Suppose my question is is there something I should watch out for as I open up the old xml hdt set in justforfun? Is it even possible to edit that older file to play nice with the tails? Or might anyone whose experienced with hdt sets know of a newer one that has similar movements? 

Now updated to be craftable in game! They vials can currently be made in the Jewelry section of the Tanning rack. All items will require at least one dragon bone, and the other ingredients are dependent on what type of tail to be made. There are no crafting restrictions as of yet. I also removed the "ClothingRing" keyword since that seems to have conflicts with a certain ring limiter mod dependent on keywords.

Old info and list of item IDs here:

Here's a proof of concept mod/resource for equip-able, HDT-Physics-compatible, dragon tails for most (if not all) playable vanilla races. So far, the .esp enables the items, but they are only obtainable in-game by use of the console commands.

This was really a random side project I shouldn't be working on, but did anyway. I figured it would be a nice match to have lizardy-moving tails to compliment the Animated Dragon Wings by Anton (especially if there's a need for special spaded tails for a certain succubus mod...). I really should get back and work on the Naked Giants mod though (I need to figure out how to make the SoS offset .hkx, then I'll be one step closer to an updated release)...

---

Instructions:

Here is how to obtain the items at current:

1. type 'help "dragon tail"' and Enter to find the items.
  2. key, by default (where '##' is the mod list order number):
    • (##0012cc) 'Dragon Tail'
    • (##0012cd) 'Ancient Dragon Tail'
    • (##0012ce) 'Blood Dragon Tail'
    • (##0012cf) 'Frost Dragon Tail'
    • (##0012d0) 'Elder Dragon Tail'
    • (##0012d1) 'Odahviing Dragon Tail'
    • (##0012d2) 'Paarthurnax Dragon Tail'
    • (##0012d3) 'Skeletal Dragon Tail'
    • (##001837) 'Alduin Dragon Tail'
  3. type 'player.additem ######## 1' (where '########' is the complete item number) and Enter to put the item in the inventory.

New update now includes other beast-related tails--You can search them up by name or equipt them directly with their item numbers:

1. type 'help " tail"' and Enter to find all the tail-related the items (keep the space before the 'tail', and use the Page Up and Page Down keys to scroll through the list).
  2. key, by default (where '##' is the mod list order number):
    • (##002dd1) 'Argonian Tail'
    • (##002dd2) 'Tinted Argonian Tail'
    • (##002dd3) 'Khajiit Tail'
    • (##002dd4) 'Tinted Khajiit Tail'
    • (##002dd5) 'Fox Tail'
    • (##002dd6) 'Snow Fox Tail'
    • (##002dd7) 'Wolf Tail'
    • (##002dd8) 'Black Wolf Tail'
    • (##002dd9) 'Red Wolf Tail'
    • (##002dda) 'Skeever Tail'
    • (##002ddb) 'Venomfang Skeever Tail'
    • (##002ddc) 'Mammoth Tail'
    • (##002ddd) 'Cow Tail'
    • (##002dde) 'Horse Tail'
    • (##002ddf) 'White Horse Tail'
    • (##002de0) 'Werewolf Tail'
    • (##00436a) 'Tinted Horse Tail'
  3. (alternatively) type 'player.equipitem ########' (where '########' is the complete item number) and Enter to add the item in the inventory and automatically equip it to the player character.

---

Requirements:

• HDT Physics Extension v11-10 or higher (it is optional, but without it, you'll get stiff tails since they are not pre-animated!)
  • Latest version of Skyrim

---

Notes:

The mesh assets should use vanilla paths for the textures, so if you have any texture replacers, they would also affect how the tails look in game. The tails should have their own custom bone chains, so no special skeleton is required. Like the HDT Large Hoop Earrings, sometimes the physics can randomly spazz out. I cannot replicate a pattern to know what exactly is causing it, but I would assume it can be modified by adjusting the values in the .xml file. Collision was not thoroughly tested, so they have been disabled by default. You are also welcome to tweak the .xml to your liking.

What I observed is that having the physics tied into a chain (at least with Motion_Spere_Inertia) will have a higher chance of glitching out than binding the physics to just one joint and having that move the mesh (like boobs and butts are currently handled). This makes long chains for tails and hair a little bit harder to refine, especially with so much the machine needs to calculate in real-time. So in effect, if your character is in small rooms with little clutter, the physics should work fine, but in larger rooms and especially on the Skyrim outdoor environment, since so many things are loaded, the tail physics will have a higher chance of glitching out where the physics computation randomly hiccups. Again, this is just my direct observation from constant testing and tweaking.

By default, the tails should align to CBBE bodies, but I assume it can fit other bodies as well--if the alignment is off, you can tweak the position of the tail if you are mod savvy enough (only the bone coordinates of the first file set, "_0", will be used--if the bone coordinates are different for the "_1" weight, it will not affect the position--at least from what I've experienced). The tails are visible for both male and female models, though the tails were primarily made for females, so most may not fit proper on male bodies.

Also keep in mind that the textures are all linked to vanilla textures to keep the file-size light. If have installed mods that have texture replacers, they will affect how these tails look in-game. The hairs on the 'Cow Tail' and the 'Tinted Horse Tail' will be brown when equipped, but are able to change colors to match the player character's hair color when the character's appearance is altered--either by 'showracemenu', on file load when the character is being built (item must already be equipped when the file was last saved), or by some other appearance changing mod. When the item is unequipped and re-equipped, the color will revert back to it's default brown. The 'Tinted Argonian Tail' and 'Tinted Khajiit Tail' will adopt the same skin tint as the character.

Sorry I didn't provide an easier way to access the items (like a drop, store, or spell), but I figured other modders may want to do that specifically. As for permissions, any interested modder is welcome to expand on this and even integrate any or all of the mod assets into their own mods if they like. Credit is appreciated but not necessary.

Update (2014-Aug-22):

Removed a keyword to all tails and made them craftable at tanning racks. No clean saves or anything, the Form IDs should be the same, so the tails you currently have should remain in game. Not sure if the tails will need to be unequipped and reequipped to refresh the Keywords list though, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. If there are any problems, like certain tails not showing up, do let me know!

Past Updates:

Update (2014-Jun-12):

It seems turning the gravity to 0 only resets it back to 1 upon save/load, so that change was ineffective, though I did make some other minor changes in between that helped with the jittery glitches. Added tails from other races, animals and creatures. Please take screenshots and post them here if possible!

Update (2014-Jun-04):

Dragon tail collisions are still disabled by default and adjustments were made to the .xml. I zero'ed out the Gravity for the physics and that seemed to fix some jittery effects, but not sure if the problem is resolved completely. Also, the .esp now contains some keywords (tough still not sure how to manually change the tail icons when viewed in the menu) and visibility is enabled for Dremora races (I forgot they were humanoid too).

Update (2014-May-27):

Dragon tail collisions are now disabled by default, so if you have collisions active, you won't get instant-jittery tails. They can still be reactivated, but need to be fine-tuned to react with collider objects and collision boundaries better. Added Alduin tail to complete the vanilla set of tails.

---

And finally here's the download!

Download:

Download for the main mod.

attachicon.gifhdt_dragon_tails.zip

Alternate Downloads:

Other related downloads can be found here.

Alternate Mesh Replacer:

No .esp and no item numbers. Replaces vanilla Argonian and Khajiit tails only (Vanilla placement. Main mod is not required, but can be used together.)

attachicon.gifhdt_beast_race_tail_replacer.zip

Alternate Mesh Replacer (Higher Placement):

No .esp and no item numbers. Replaces vanilla Argonian and Khajiit tails only (Higher placement. Main mod is not required, but can be used together.)

attachicon.gifhdt_beast_race_tail_replacer_cbbe.zip

Mesh Replacer for Kaleen Race:

Replaces tail meshes of the Kaleen Race with HDT_PE-compatible ones. Requires the Kaleen Race mod by nouserhere and all its' prerequisites.

attachicon.gifhdt_kaleen_tails.zip

Alternate Dragon Tails (Thin Dragon Tails):

Requires the Main mod. Replaces all dragon tails in this mod with skinnier variants.

attachicon.gifhdt_dragon_tails_thin_replacer.zip

Alternate Argonian Tails (Bigger Argonian Tails):

Can be used for either or both the main and replacer mods. Replaces all Argonian tails in this mod with thicker variants.

attachicon.gifhdt_bigger_argonian_tail.zip

Alternate XML Pack #01:

Intended for the main mod, but can also be used separately with the replacer version as well. Minor alteration by adding a slight ragdoll physics function to the base of all tails.

attachicon.gifhdt_tail_xml_alt01.zip

Alternate Khajiit Tail XML (by ShadowsandDust):

Replaces the Khajiit tail .xml for less floaty and spazzy movements.

Download and details can be found here.

Alternate ESP (Ningheim Race Compatible):

Requires the assets from the main mod. Enables compatibility for the Ningheim race. Requires the Ningheim Race Mod by Seren4XX HelloSanta Urshi and co, and all its' prerequisites (make sure the race .esp is loaded before the tail .esp).

attachicon.gifhdt_esp_ningheim_race.zip

May be updated in the future if there is a need for it!

---

Sample Images/Screenshots:

attachicon.gifdragon_tails_sample00_cbbe.jpgattachicon.gifKalatorni_-_enb2014_6_14_17_39_40.jpgattachicon.giffizzybutt_-_post-433593.jpg

post-47567-0-73230000-1402849945.jpgoCAiMVU.jpgzQQNSpn.jpg

---

Thanks for looking and feel free to post any bug reports, screenshots, or anything else that's related!

hello  jacques00,  am i allowd to upload a smp conversion for your mod??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hello jacques00, am i allowd to upload a smp conversion for your mod??

Apologies for the super late response--but, sure, you are welcome to.
its included in my latest smp all in one..thanks though!

The tails go crazy when I equip them...do they not work with  All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy?

I tried HDT Tails Wearable from the nexus site and those work fine but I dont like the tails from that mod.....too short and thick and the placement of the tails are a bit wierd.

Any idea how I can make these work? Ty in advance.

I capped my fps at 40 and it worked for a few minutes but then it started spazzing out again=/

Tried that fix...did not work unfortunately. :( Looks like no tail for me lol..really dont like the other hdt tail mod.

Still dont know what was wrong with the tails but a fresh install of the game fixed it. Didnt even have to use the 255 fix. Perhaps my skeleton was outdated.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help me with something?

I am trying to get the slim aldiun tail to shorten, basically delete all the red and move the green to the human tail bone area.

post-564840-0-67784100-1493397374_thumb.png

Any suggestions? I have no idea what I am doing and I think this is the best place to ask this.

• 5 weeks later...

I got a problem with the tail replacer for my argonian. Instead of having physics, the tail just sticks back out straight and stiff. Tried reinstalling, can't figure out why it's happening :/

Saw somewhere that I should try deleting the auxbones/tails folder, but that didn't work either. Any help?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...