Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HDT Dragon Tails

hdt physics equip dragon tail

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

MsOtaku

MsOtaku

Benevolent Sadist

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Has anyone found a fix for the "seizure" tail problem? I made a succubus but, I really want her to have a tail. I downloaded these, used the Alduin one, looked fantastic on her, but the spazzing began and would not stop. I saw a video that inspired me to create a succubus character a long time ago which featured a half-dragon follower and she had the same tail spazzing problem. The person giving the review mentioned that he realized this happened when his FPS was close to or at 60. I checked mine and it was between 58-61 when the tail was at it's worst. I honestly don't know if that's the cause of the problem.

So, are there any fixes or does any one know of an Alduin tail I can use that doesn't go berserk?

EDIT: I was looking up some tails on Nexus and the mod author of one of these mods said, "...I know of one bug more than 40FPS and the tails start to twitch around..." So I guess it is an FPS thing :(

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

27X

27X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Your frame rate shouldn't ever be going over 60 to being with. PE and SMP both rely on locked 60 to work properly, any other state will present randomized bullshit.

MsOtaku

MsOtaku

Benevolent Sadist

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

I know it's not supposed to and I've read countless forums in regards to this but, there seems to be a 50/50 debate over whether to force your FPS to not go over 60 or leave it a lone. Both sides have valid points. I chose to leave it be. The only issues I've had thus far is with the tail and HDT hair. I don't care about bouncy hair. I just want a tail.

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

(snippy)

So, are there any fixes or does any one know of an Alduin tail I can use that doesn't go berserk?

May want to try tail found in WanHunYi outfit.  Really well made with own xml file.

http://www.loverslab...11#entry1564985

Equipped it on PC and the NPC - Selene Kate - Kiss Me (nexus mod) and we danced together with it using that mods dancing feature.

Both of us have full UUNP  special bodies with HDTnodes/xml added to everything including NiOheels,  I have HDT hair, she has HDT wig (KS HAirdos)  and nothing went spazzy despite all the movement and so many active HDT nodes.

I did JFF edit the Hair though - the default xml spazzes for me.

27X

27X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

I know it's not supposed to and I've read countless forums in regards to this but, there seems to be a 50/50 debate over whether to force your FPS to not go over 60 or leave it a lone. Both sides have valid points. I chose to leave it be. The only issues I've had thus far is with the tail and HDT hair. I don't care about bouncy hair. I just want a tail.

With the advent of variable Vsync there is zero reason to allow your framerate to go over 60 for any Bethesda title, and if something is still getting random impulses after then it's a badly written xml file.

MsOtaku

MsOtaku

Benevolent Sadist

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

May want to try tail found in WanHunYi outfit.  Really well made with own xml file.

http://www.loverslab...11#entry1564985

Equipped it on PC and the NPC - Selene Kate - Kiss Me (nexus mod) and we danced together with it using that mods dancing feature.

Both of us have full UUNP  special bodies with HDTnodes/xml added to everything including NiOheels,  I have HDT hair, she has HDT wig (KS HAirdos)  and nothing went spazzy despite all the movement and so many active HDT nodes.

I did JFF edit the Hair though - the default xml spazzes for me.

Thank you so much, that outfit is so pretty! Unfortunately it's not compatible with my PC's body, she uses CBBE. I appreciate the suggestion. xoxo

With the advent of variable Vsync there is zero reason to allow your framerate to go over 60 for any Bethesda title, and if something is still getting random impulses after then it's a badly written xml file.

Well, I guess I'll force it to not go over 60FPS. Either way, if people are having issues at 40FPS with tails then as you said, it's a badly written xml file. :(

Thank you.

random_person

random_person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Trying this out and it seems to work, but I can't seem to stop the crazy spasms. It'll go nuts and stretch everywhere and even when it settles my fps will plummet. 

Now I figure before I even bother with trying to open the xml to nose around I suspect I know the issue: I'm trying to use a rather old hdt set (this one to be exact: http://www.loverslab...-belly-support/

I've switched to some other hdt set files and that seems to solve the spasms. I've tried both alternate xmls for the tails in this thread and so long as I have the older file for breasts and such in place it persists. Problem is I really like the movements that file so... may have to choose one or the other. 

Suppose my question is is there something I should watch out for as I open up the old xml hdt set in justforfun? Is it even possible to edit that older file to play nice with the tails? Or might anyone whose experienced with hdt sets know of a newer one that has similar movements? 

prZ

prZ

Sleepless Guy..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Now updated to be craftable in game! They vials can currently be made in the Jewelry section of the Tanning rack. All items will require at least one dragon bone, and the other ingredients are dependent on what type of tail to be made. There are no crafting restrictions as of yet. I also removed the "ClothingRing" keyword since that seems to have conflicts with a certain ring limiter mod dependent on keywords.

Old info and list of item IDs here:

Spoiler

---

Requirements:

• HDT Physics Extension v11-10 or higher (it is optional, but without it, you'll get stiff tails since they are not pre-animated!)
  • Latest version of Skyrim

---

Notes:

Spoiler

Update (2014-Aug-22):

Removed a keyword to all tails and made them craftable at tanning racks. No clean saves or anything, the Form IDs should be the same, so the tails you currently have should remain in game. Not sure if the tails will need to be unequipped and reequipped to refresh the Keywords list though, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. If there are any problems, like certain tails not showing up, do let me know!

Past Updates:

Spoiler

---

And finally here's the download!

Download:

Download for the main mod.

attachicon.gifhdt_dragon_tails.zip

Alternate Downloads:

Other related downloads can be found here.

Alternate Mesh Replacer:

No .esp and no item numbers. Replaces vanilla Argonian and Khajiit tails only (Vanilla placement. Main mod is not required, but can be used together.)

attachicon.gifhdt_beast_race_tail_replacer.zip

Alternate Mesh Replacer (Higher Placement):

No .esp and no item numbers. Replaces vanilla Argonian and Khajiit tails only (Higher placement. Main mod is not required, but can be used together.)

attachicon.gifhdt_beast_race_tail_replacer_cbbe.zip

Mesh Replacer for Kaleen Race:

Replaces tail meshes of the Kaleen Race with HDT_PE-compatible ones. Requires the Kaleen Race mod by nouserhere and all its' prerequisites.

attachicon.gifhdt_kaleen_tails.zip

Alternate Dragon Tails (Thin Dragon Tails):

Requires the Main mod. Replaces all dragon tails in this mod with skinnier variants.

attachicon.gifhdt_dragon_tails_thin_replacer.zip

Alternate Argonian Tails (Bigger Argonian Tails):

Can be used for either or both the main and replacer mods. Replaces all Argonian tails in this mod with thicker variants.

attachicon.gifhdt_bigger_argonian_tail.zip

Alternate XML Pack #01:

Intended for the main mod, but can also be used separately with the replacer version as well. Minor alteration by adding a slight ragdoll physics function to the base of all tails.

attachicon.gifhdt_tail_xml_alt01.zip

Alternate Khajiit Tail XML (by ShadowsandDust):

Replaces the Khajiit tail .xml for less floaty and spazzy movements.

Download and details can be found here.

Alternate ESP (Ningheim Race Compatible):

Requires the assets from the main mod. Enables compatibility for the Ningheim race. Requires the Ningheim Race Mod by Seren4XX HelloSanta Urshi and co, and all its' prerequisites (make sure the race .esp is loaded before the tail .esp).

attachicon.gifhdt_esp_ningheim_race.zip

May be updated in the future if there is a need for it!

---

Sample Images/Screenshots:

attachicon.gifdragon_tails_sample00_cbbe.jpgattachicon.gifKalatorni_-_enb2014_6_14_17_39_40.jpgattachicon.giffizzybutt_-_post-433593.jpg

Spoiler

---

Thanks for looking and feel free to post any bug reports, screenshots, or anything else that's related!

hello  jacques00,  am i allowd to upload a smp conversion for your mod??

Ohgun

Ohgun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

I'm really thankful for the tail replacers for the vanilla Argonian and Khajiit races, but is there a chance that custom races such as the Fennec (http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/62176/), and the Lykaios (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64466/?) get the same HDT Tail treatment?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdt, physics, equip, dragon, tail