Bittercup Companion TTW

I can't seem to speak with her. :/  She's stuck standing on the bed, and her resources seem to load randomly.  Sometimes she has her textures and etc.  Other times she just exclamation marks, or purple skin.

I recently tried converting Quo Vagis to TTW, that might be the issue, but I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? 

EDIT

It wasnt Quo Vagis so at least theres that. :P  Whenever I quit to desktop and reload my game her textures comeback (for now), but now I have another issue. I was able to speak with her after continuously pressing E and got her to follow me, but now her eyes are all wonky.  Do her resources and Mojave Delight conflict with TTW Redesigned?  When I move her above TTW Redesigned her appearance returns to "vanilla" but she doesn't follow now. :/

I recall Coito Ergo Sum having similar eye issues before I played TTW when I was using FCO

post-79614-0-23496000-1416265704_thumb.jpg

@Duoleb

I'd love to fix Sydney but I'd have to check if the original author is updating her. I have a TTW version I nabbed but I didn't check who made it. Unless you did in which case, sure! :shy:

@TheJuice

Whoa, that sounds like some serious mod conflicts you've got going on there. Mojave Delight and TTW Redesigned work together fine. (I use both together.) Mojave Delight doesn't actually edit anything. It's one reason I tend to prefer using it for mods.

If her textures start off fine and then later on during play turn purple or wonky looking, you probably have too many mods loaded. Never run into an eye issue like that before so I'm clueless on that one.

As for her dialog and all that, that sounds like conflicts again. Might want to run FNVEdit on your full load order to see what's going on and who's messing with her. (Or anything from this mod too!)

@Duoleb

I'd love to fix Sydney but I'd have to check if the original author is updating her. I have a TTW version I nabbed but I didn't check who made it. Unless you did in which case, sure! :shy:

@TheJuice

Whoa, that sounds like some serious mod conflicts you've got going on there. Mojave Delight and TTW Redesigned work together fine. (I use both together.) Mojave Delight doesn't actually edit anything. It's one reason I tend to prefer using it for mods.

If her textures start off fine and then later on during play turn purple or wonky looking, you probably have too many mods loaded. Never run into an eye issue like that before so I'm clueless on that one.

As for her dialog and all that, that sounds like conflicts again. Might want to run FNVEdit on your full load order to see what's going on and who's messing with her. (Or anything from this mod too!)

Look the thread

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/sydney-follower-ported-ttw

its open to anyone who wants to finish, Jip already supports her but no ESP, Lucy west is the same too but thermador is updating her

isn't my fault if she looks like Rei and Faith

DYf9Fxt.jpg

c7caIIx.jpg

X6OuHVH.jpg

QPXC9EB.jpg

irHO8em.jpg

AExh86X.jpg

Oh... it helps sometimes to read the threads of mods I download. Thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK then, Sydney is my second favorite FO3 follower so I'll likely have a look at her next. There are some errors with her voice files I can fix. As soon as I get Bittercup totally done of course! I don't think an update to Sydney would take much at least in terms of getting her to handle the DLCs. In a lot of ways it will be much easier to work with Sydney because she has a lot more dialog files. :cool:

I have also experienced the bug with her standing on her bed ignoring the player. I left the building and came back and that fixed her.

I am experiencing a much more game-breaking problem, though. Well, not necessarily game breaking but major nonetheless. It may have been my own doing, and I'm currently doing a clean install to make sure, but I thought I'd pass it on just in case.

I have Ling's Finer Things installed, and I took Bittercup to Tenpenny to get a new outfit. Got the new outfit, took her up to the suite to sleep until the next day. Left the tower and went over to the RobCo factory so that I could save and quit to install Bondster's Tenpenny Restoration. Installed the new mod, loaded the game, and Bittercup straight up disappears right in front of me. I removed the new mod and tried again, ran up and talked to her before she could disappear. Exited the conversation and poof, gone again.

I've rolled back to before I hired her and did a clean reinstall. I have yet to reload the game to try again, figured I'd leave this report first. Also, don't know if this would have an effect or not but I haven't completed "Big Trouble in Big Town" yet.

Bondsters is pretty broken. It doesn't add LOD to the restored tower.

This means that when you approach from afar you'll get the old LOD, when you close in on it, it goes crazy with the old LOD fighting with the new mesh.

Also it is seriously incompatible with TTWinteriors. The penthousehouse suites level will go apeshit as both mods try to edit that area. (and to be honest the bond added room is just fucking stupid)

This isn't likely the cause of your problem of course, I've not experienced the problem you describe though. Just thought I'd make comment on the bondster stuff.

Edit: at a guess though I'd check in fnvedit to make sure nothing is removing her new packages and resetting her to her default wander around BT stuff.

@Kain

My first guess would be something is overwriting her packages and making her go poof. If FNVEdit says nothing is overwriting Bittercup then there may indeed be an issue.

I did find another bug with her "go home" dialog again. That's the bug that keeps on giving. :lol: 

I can happily report that the Vault 86... 87... whatever part of the main quest is operational. I did several runs through it and all works as expected. Now on to the last part of the main quest. She's supposed to emphatically refuse to go into the stupid purity chamber. Haven't decided on her dialog but I'm strongly leaning towards her saying the whole thing is stupid. She has voiced dialog that says that. :angel:  If that works I'll update the file here again and get to work on some more DLC handling. I think Mojave stuff this time. I'm a little tired of the DC area. (Plus doing the Pitt is not something I'm looking forward to. I HATE that! Though... it was probably the best DLC. :D )

Bondsters is pretty broken. It doesn't add LOD to the restored tower.

This means that when you approach from afar you'll get the old LOD, when you close in on it, it goes crazy with the old LOD fighting with the new mesh.

Also it is seriously incompatible with TTWinteriors. The penthousehouse suites level will go apeshit as both mods try to edit that area. (and to be honest the bond added room is just fucking stupid)

Yea, bond's interpretation of the top floor conflicting with the interiors version of the top floor rather quickly gave me a headache.

I'm looking forward to your take on Sydney. I'm trying the current conversion, but it's sorely lacking. Doesn't even use the companion wheel.

she works pretty well, but she's a bit broken on 2.7

she still follows you when you ask her to stay on the Citadel to Learn with the pride, the stalking bug was fixed thx to A55, but she still follows you into the Anchorage simulation

Also without the companion wheel, she doenst work with JIP and you need to spend a lots of Stimpacks, also she's mostly passive

and she will gladly equip the BOZAR or any LMG or MG that you give to her

And she still needs a proper Companion and quest perk, i posted that on TTW forums

When I could get FO3 to work I loved Sydney. She was one of my favorite followers, along with Brisa Almodovar, Improved Charron (though vanilla Charron was pretty badass on his own), and Bittercup for the whipping girl. Once I have my old crew back I'll be using Bittercup as the crew's bottom bitch via sexout. She'll be the caravan bicycle.

*Dad emerges from Vault 112* "Why is that girl wearing a saddle?" "Oh, she's your ride. Giddyap, Bittercup!"

OK, new update fixes (hopefully) several things. Also she -should- refuse to go into the Project Purity chamber if you ask her to at the appropriate moment. Unfortunately I can't seem to get stupid Liberty Prime to do his job so I haven't been able to test it. (Rothschild was right when he said his navigation system was busted! Stupid robot can't even make it to the memorial!) At this point I'm not wasting any more time with the FO3 main quest and will direct my attention back to the DLCs. So if anyone can get Liberty Prime to work and gets into the memorial, let me know if her dialog works! :cool:

Vargas? Huh. Ok, I can try and setting everyone as essential. It was pretty hilarious though. Liberty Prime twice decided to jump off the bridge and swim. And I don't think there was a single try where the pride wasn't totally wiped out. One of the funniest was when a missile hit right in the middle of all of us and everybody went flying into the river! :lol: :lol:  The whole time I'm thinking "I wouldn't trust these idiots to rescue a kitten let alone fighting the Enclave! :) :) )

Is Liberty Prime set to follow Vargas? That might explain why he just stops. Maybe Vargas gets blown to bits and that's the end of it. :blush:

I'm not sure which attempt was more humorous. The previous ones or the one I just finished. I made everyone essential so at least the Pride doesn't get wiped out before they cross the bridge. But it seems Liberty Prime's navigation is still offline. :lol: :lol:  Get this: Liberty did everything as normal, crossed the bridge and went down the hill. After zonking the forcefield he apparently wanted to take a ride on the subway because he walked up the stairs!! Then of course he couldn't get back down. So I warped him to the center of the street. All is good... then he stops! The whole pride suddenly decided to go through the ruined building and attack the Enclave from BEHIND the forcefield! Good plan only there were no Enclave because they don't appear until Liberty walks to a certain point! :D :D So back I go and warp Liberty to a spot right before the last forcefield. Suddenly Enclave are everywhere and -I- almost die. Well, that was over and I thought he'd finally just walk up to main gate and get it over with. Oh no, Liberty seemed to tire of fighting and wanted to go to Point Lookout. Because he started swimming in that direction. :D :D  So I warped him back on track in front of the Memorial. All is well I think. Oh no, now he wants to swim in the little bay next to the Memorial! (At this point I'm laughing like a crazy girl.) So I walked right up to the stupid main forcefield and warp him directly there. FINALLY he decided to do his thing and take out the last stupid field. Naturally after that he goes for a swim again. I didn't care at that point. Maybe he'll fry a circuit or something! :D :D

Now you'd think that was the end of it right? Well not quite! So I get all the way inside and deal with Autumn. Then nothing. I look around and realize Sarah isn't in the room! And of course I can't leave the rotunda. Which means the quest hasn't updated properly which means I still can't see if Bittercup's dialog works! AGAIN! LOLOLOLOL! :D :D :D

What abject moron did the scripting for this sequence!???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Random NPC AI glitching seems to be an issue with the current version of TTW. Red from Big Town seems to like her cell at Germantown Police HQ, after the last supermutant attack of Big Trouble in Big Town she goes back...aggressively. I read one person worked around the issue by literally locking her in the basement of her clinic. He had to COC in to talk to her, if he opened the door she was gone.

In Red's case that sounds like a package variable not changing. So whenever she reevaluates her packages she wants to go to the cell instead. I haven't had that issue with Red but it's clear Liberty Prime has some issue as well. ;)  Really that whole attack sequence is pretty badly done. I mean by Bethsoft not the TTW guys. ;) I'm also marveling at how Sarah can disappear. There seems to be no scripting that warps her into the room if she's absent. Lovely! :lol:

Really? There aren't troubles in FO3? Considering I haven't been through that part of FO3 in eons you're probably right then. :D (Come to think of it, I don't recall ever running into issues in FO3 there either. Liberty Prime certainly wasn't going swimming all the time! I would have remembered because it was truly funny!)

While I'm at it, isn't Sarah Lyons supposed to be lying on a cot when you wake up? In FO3 I mean. She's not in TTW....

And back on track, seems I missed the appropriate quest hook as Bittercup's dialog didn't fire. (I gave up and warped Sarah to the player to get the quest to move forward.) Based on all the issues I've had with just getting to this point, I'm going to just forget that it doesn't work for right now. :angel: