Why did you come here, and why did you stay?

Title says it all. So, any stories to share?

I'll begin, out of courtecy.

I found this place after a few google-searches. I was looking for xdarknessLovers, mainly to find out more about it.

Ran into livedoor, where I found a link to this place. So, I mainly came here because of curiosity into the mods.

Stayed for the people though. Everyone's so friendly here, not to mention the sense of humor.

Read some comments about the Lovers mods in the Tantrivaylia thread. I'd been using SexDarkness, but didn't like the way that the sex spells were only used by my character save for one sub quest. Came on over and found an entire new family of mods to liven up Oblivion. Wish work would ease up, as there's some modding I'd really like to get back to.

I've read about this site somewhere from the hongfire xLovers thread (yeah, I'm a lurker there :P). The tutorials were a bit outdated so I didn't know where to download lovers' stuff until I got here. Seems this site had everything I was looking for, tutorials, discussions, downloadables and stuff, so yeah.. :)

Found this place linked from the scratchpad wiki for XLovers, found that through Google I think, at somepoint the search all originated from tesnexus. Was just looking for ways to make Oblivion a bit more interesting... then I found Chase Roxand's LoversBitch and was like "OMG other people are into that too and took the time to make a mod! These are my people!"  ;D

Didn't really "come here" so much as I "made here", but here's how that happened.

I was bored and decided to start playing Oblivion again, found the sexlivion mod on tesnexus, which lead to finding sexlivion for girl on gamesource.ru, which lead to the MoM chinese forums, which linked to Cursed Armor, which I enjoyed and translated for my own use, then discovered somebody already translated it for public use on the wolflore forums, went there, discovered lovers with PK on wolflore, realized the mods were all horribly outdated and nobody was really working on it, so I decided to pick it up and release updated versions of the mod with new translations, then came to hate the organization, or lack thereof, on wolflore. So I made this forum to fix that.

Before I start I'd like to say thank you to you, Ashal for making this all a reality. You have much to be proud of.

Quite some time ago I found Goranga's Prostitution mod. Then found xlovers/sexlivion, found out they were based on/inspired by pk and went looking. I found a lot of files for downloading on a japanese site. Downoaded them and couldn't make sense of them. Abandoned all hope...

A few days ago, I found on a tangential Google search a reference to this site. My curiosity got the better of me and here I am. The last few days has been a steep learning curve for me and I wouldn't have got the whole thing running in a stable fashion so quickly were it not for you and so many of the good hearted and open handed folk here. Just about everyone here deserve high praise for the courtious way you all behave and obove all, your sense of humour. If only other forums were so well ordered and polite. I'm proud and happy to be made welcome here.

Thank you all

Rags

For me, I *think* it started with sexlivion or something.  Then I heard about FnL, looked around, found an english translation, then found wolflore.  Loved it there.  About that time, I found the thread over at hongfire too.  Lurked etc....then had to stop gaming for RL reasons for quite a bit.  Came back, wolflore was gone, but here is this loverslab thing?  hehe.  Sooo...I checked it out, recognized some names, and joined up.  It's been a fun ride since, cool people, great ideas, and great humour for me as well ( I agree with Hitman up there).  I'm gonna stick around hehe.

Directly from old old wolflore, while it was "remade " and Xlovers where banned I moved here with rest of the old crew ;P

And why Im staying here ? Well Cool people also I like to share with all rare things I find for oblivion  ;D

Here´s another one who came from wolflore.

I stayed because I feel all those Elder Scrolls games to be mainly made for adult players. Thus, I was missing the erotic aspects of playing a char who explores Cyrodiil with partners of the opposite sex, some of them even being part  of "romance mods". Even in good old Morrowind there was the (in)famous House of Earthly Delights, queer uncle Cassius and the romance with Ahnassi, so I wonder why they did not implement similar features into Oblivion. A clear step backwards and in the wrong direction, so the modders had to fill this gap. 

I found out about Xlovers in a thread at 4chan. Looked at the Hongfire thread and then joined Wolflore.

I offered help with the translations to Donkey and Ashal, and after the old Wolflore died Ashal talked with me about his idea for a new forum and made me a mod.

So here I am!

I'm an avid Darknest person here.

Had an Oblivion thread in Darknest and saw XLovers there and Cursed Armor. After awhile of seeing no updates to that thread (mainly cause Darknest revolves around Warcraft modding), I decided to search Cursed Armor in Google and it brought me here. Finally got some fresh updates to XLovers and tried the new Cursed Armor (which sadly crashes for me).

Then realized all the different assortment of mods here and some that I was looking for for awhile. So now I am here. I am actually a member on several different game modding sites (GVZ, Darknest, TESNexus, etc) so if you visit any of others, you'll probably see me there. :P

I found out about Xlovers in a thread at 4chan. Looked at the Hongfire thread and then joined Wolflore.

>found out about Xlovers in a thread at 4chan

>Xlovers in a thread at 4chan

>Thread at 4chan

>4chan

???

>PROFIT

yay /b/ros!  ;D

Same here pretty much. But I came after Wolflore

I cant say that I intended to stick around, it kind of just happened. These boards remind of what the old Baldurs Gate modding community used to be like, before all the drama started over the original Saerileth companion mod.

So it's community here that keeps me here, there are no mod snobs like you see at nexus or bethesda forums. The arguing is at a minimal and once its over its over it, dosnt carry over to other topics or threads. Everyones pretty cool and respectful of each other. So long as things stay this way. I'll happily call these boards home.

I'm going to go with what Sparlimb and others have said. I don't even remember what i was browsing for, but I found info on xLovers on a hongfire hentai board, and thought "no way...someone finally made the hentai game of my dreams." And they did, thanks to everyone here and the original japanese modders. I stayed because, unlike most boards, everyone here seems to be united in our love for this weird, kinky, unique thing, and i at least appreciate being in a place where my weird tastes are welcomed; hell, any place where someone like GSBmodders can have a tag image like like has to be awesome!

Cool modders and friendly members make me stay, even as i haven't been able to play xlovers for going on a month; i still like to keep an eye on what's being updated, reading the character story posts, and all that.

Reason I came here : been following the xLovers modding projects, since the "old" wolflore site. Once it was shut down, like many others, I found my way here. And fantasy natured sex in a game that I like to play? What's there not to love. It's like peanut butter jelly - the best of two worlds.

So it's community here that keeps me here' date=' there are no mod snobs like you see at nexus or bethesda forums. The arguing is at a minimal and once its over its over it, dosnt carry over to other topics or threads. Everyones pretty cool and respectful of each other. So long as things stay this way. I'll happily call these boards home.

[/quote']

Reason I stayed and actually decided to interact socially in the forums is probably the same as this. It's a really nice community, to say at the very least.

Wow, the time surely has passed. One day while reading 4chan, someone made an Oblivion thread and posted a famous Karimasu's chocolate elf girl. This made me install Oblivion. I started looking for the mod that made create such great character possible. I found xLovers thread on HongFire forums and then after a bit of time I moved to Wolflore about few days before it closed. New Wolflore was scared me away as xLovers mod was banned there and then Ashal and Donkey brought up LoversLab, which is great. For me it's not only the xLovers series related forum but overall manga-like mods.

Well, I can't exactly say I've stayed here but I can spin a tale of how I got here.  ;D

It started when I decided to finally upgrade my computer. And the first thing that happens after an upgrade is a gaming purchase spree. Oblivion GOTY was on sale at the time, so I grabbed that, played for a bit, then decided to spice up the experience by looking for mods. Being a fresh-faced user of mods, things soon got complicated. All these acronyms like OBSE, FCOM, OOO, arguments between which body types and which clothes, lore-friendly vs lore-breaking mods, forum drama about modding permissions, ripped content, Wrye Bash vs OBMM, etc. Quite daunting, needless to say.

So I lurked and learned, messed around with installations (and consequently messed up my installations) and slowly pieced together how it all worked. And finally, it came to the point where every user of oblivion mods gets to. Whether to go to the "darkside" of TES modding and download the Adult mods. *cue dramatic lightning*

So I went and downloaded my first nude body mod. But that in itself was tame. So I went off to look for more content. Most of it came off TES Nexus (which meant, of course, the first thing downloaded was Estrus :D ) but it reached the point where I had to look beyond. Gamesource, Hongfire and finally the old Wolflore. I had read about Lovers on Hongfire and the only way to get it was to sign up to Wolflore and download the english translation.

As we all know, the radical shift to the new site was a bit of a shock. You see the news about the move, go sign up to the new site and BANG, signed up for nothing. But by happenstance, I spotted the post on Hongfire pointing me to here. Someone actually went out and said, "I'll build my own website! With Blackjack! And Hookers! In fact, forget the Blackjack!" So here I am.

And throughout that entire journey, this is the first post I've made on any of those sites.  :)

Pretty simple: I just lurked around for sexy clothes mods for Oblivion, which I just wanted to replay, then found xlovers thread in Hongfire... then jumped in wolfore before it closed (BTW, can someone explains in details what was going on? Why the sudden xlovers ban? What was going on in old wolfore?)

And then I'm here,  and I hope the forum's destiny here will be better than old wolfore  ;)