“It is possible to believe that all the past is but the beginning of a beginning, and that all that is and has been is but the twilight of the dawn. It is possible to believe that all the human mind has ever accomplished is but the dream before the awakening.”

H G Wells

Faith Marie Smith (13): "Da, the Dallas cleared off a deck and put in a ladder. If we wait, the zombies are going to come around again. You know how they are. Permission to, I dunno… Get a foothold is what Soph just said."

Steven John Smith: "Do you have a back-up plan?"

Faith Smith: "No, but I've got lots of guns and knives and a machete. I'm still looking for a chainsaw."

Faith Smith - Under a Graveyard Sky by John Ringo

Sam Kinison on the Manson Murders:  "The Police report said they stabbed this guy 51 times....bludgeoned him in the head with a heavy object 13 times and they shot him twice....so I figure this guy's by the door on the way out going....YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE YET, DO YOU?!....YOU HAVEN'T SHOVED A CHAINSAW UP MY ASS YET!....MY HEAD'S STILL ON MY TORSO!!....I'M GLAD YOU FUCKERS CAN HANDLE YOUR HIGH!!...."

"Good people do terrible things"

"That's the remarkable thing about life. No matter how bad it gets, it can always get worse.
Just when you think you've hit rock bottom and things can't get worse, someone goes and
throws you a shovel"

"I want to LIVE. Not just survive."

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself"

"A man is never to weak, or to wounded to fight. If the cause is greater then his own life."
- Doctore From Spartacus

"If I am to die, atleast I will die among brothers."
-Gannicus From Spartacus

"Freedom is not a stick of wood to be presented as a bone to obedient dog. It is a thing all men deserve."
-Spartacus

"There is a new way to die, I still breath, my heart still breaths, but I am not alive"

"Evil isn't born, it's made."

"Real terror is not the sight of death, it is the fear of death. What is the fear of death? Terror of the unknown."

"We do what we can to get by and live a little while longer even if it takes away a part of us each time" 

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."

"Even the most optimistic of people can slip through the cracks of insanity"

"I think all of us have it in us to be Angels, and all of us have it in us to be Monsters. The question is, is the decisions we make."
-George R.R Martin

"There is nothing easy about taking a man’s life no matter how little value it may have. But when you get it done, you have to forget it..... I guess I haven’t quite got that last part down."
—Shane Walsh

"We are slaves, burden of choice and conscience equally removed, but we are truly free when we fight! Deserving only death equal to the lives we have taken."
-Gannicus from Spartacus

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons, what we do with such blessings, that is the true test of the man"
-Gannicus From Spartacus

"It is never an easy thing to see a friend once loved, now absent breath"
-Doctore From Spartacus

"There is only one God. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."
-Syrio Forel From Game of Thrones

the instrument of doom...

Who's looking for a good pounding? - Hammer tank, RA3

No need for bombs when hate will do - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things - George Carlin

That's why I love hanging out with you guys. Why shoot something once when you can shoot it 46 more times? - Urdnot Wrex - ME3

I don't need luck. I have ammo. - Urdnot Grunt - ME3

Like the generations of leaves, the lives of mortal men. Now the wind scatters the old leaves across the earth, now the living timber bursts with the new buds and spring comes round again. And so with men: as one generation comes to live, another dies away. - The Iliad - Homer

You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down. Song of Solomon - Toni Morrison

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things.  ― Eleventh Doctor

I am constantly amazed by man's inhumanity to man.  ―  Primo Levi

My feeling is, quite simply, that if there is a God, He has done such a bad job that he isn't worth discussing. ― Isaac Asimov

And above all things, never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning. ― Isaac Asimov

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”

― Charles Bukowski

• 2 months later...

“The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.” 

“Hope clouds observation.” 

“Whether a thought is spoken or not it is a real thing and has powers of reality.” 

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.” 

“The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.”

“There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times to develop psychic muscles.

“Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.”