A good quote can be anything, from a historical figure, a more modern source, even fictional characters. It can be inspiring, depressing, painful, hopeful, loving, solemn, curious... anything, really. I'm one of those people, I like a good quote, especially when I find it gives me perspective to my life. So why not share a favorite of yours, too?

I'll start:

"You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out."

- William Tecumseh Sherman

Failed. There are plenty of others willing to call you a failure. A fool. A loser. A hopeless souse. Don't ever say it of yourself. You send out the wrong signal. That's what people pick up. Don't you understand? You care about something, you fight for it. You hit a wall, you push through it. There's something you need to know about failure. You can never let it defeat you.

-Captain Haddock (Tintin)

When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” –​ Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

“Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.” Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

"Loans control masses more effectively than any secret police" -Nonusnomeni

You wish to finish this war with your honor intact? Stand among the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters... The silence will be your answer --Javik

"If there is truly evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind. -Edward D. Morrison

War... war never changes -fallout(Ron Perlman)

Vhailor: It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment, and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: There is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe. Nameless One: I see. Vhailor: No, you do not see. *Pray* you never will.

Kirov reporting!
the instrument of doom
it is day of judgement
armageddon is here
soviet power supreme
they will run in fear
I cast a deadly shadow
it will soon be a wasteland
eradicate them
the end is at hand
this will be your last moments
the apocalypse has begun
bringing down the heaven
here comes.. the sun
I lost a Bomb. Do you have it?
they are nothink
they will beg for mercy

Favourite unit from ra2 :) (and few from overlord,generals)

/EDIT added source too fallout quote

I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. 

Tyler Durden - (The Fight Club)

"A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's here, and you know it's there, but it's just outta your reach, it can be all that you think about. And you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you." - Church (Alpha) - Red vs Blue - Revelation.

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on Ace, we've got work to do!" - Seventh Doctor, Survival.

"One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine." - First Doctor, The Dalek Invasion of Earth.

Oh come on! You could have quoted the war one as being from Ron Perlman (or at least said "Fallout Narrator").  ;)

Fixed,totaly forget write it on this one.

i dont want to go -The 10th Doctor,in most sadest scene in movie history :(

Sometimes, shield becomes smashing board - Braum

go for the eyes boo - minc , well all his queto was epic

"No one holds command over me. No man. No god. No Prince. What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal? What is a claim of power for those who defy death? Call your damnable hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming into hell with me."

- Günter Dörn, Dasa Ungehauer Darin

i dont want to go -The 10th Doctor,in most sadest scene in movie history :(

Oh my gosh, that scene is so sad... I always get tears in my eyes whenever I see that...

On topic: "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff!" - Tenth Doctor.

"Well, time and tide melts the snowman." - Seventh Doctor, in Time and the Rani.

Here's one you probably haven't heard... unless you listen to the Doctor Who audio dramas...

"Zagreus sits inside your head, Zagreus lives among the dead, Zagreus sees you in your bed, and eats you when you're sleeping." - Old Gallifreyan nursery rhyme.

"Son of a gum chewing funk monster! Why the fruit does all this funny stuff happen to me!? Always surrounded by miserable failing clods, like the whole world likes to bend me over and bite me in the ounce, like I'm some sort of sluck receptacle! Well as far as I care, these miserable cows can have a fancy barbeque with a goddamn pig!" - Vegeta, TeamFourStar's DBZ Abridged.

Guest _kuraiko

"We'll bang, ok?"

-  Commander Shepard

... and for the serious stuff...

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not, and oftentimes we call a man cold, when he is only sad."

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Guest Omega1084

I have saved a ton of cool quotes over the years but I think this remains my favorite:

"Grab those nuts and work them with your wrench, let it leak a bit and handle the shaft, but don't let it squirt, you'll get wet." — My roommate, Kim, On Plumbing

Guest Mogie56

"There is always a point at which the terrorist ceases to manipulate the media gestalt. A point at which the violence may well escalate, but beyond which the terrorist has become symptomatic of the media gestalt itself. Terrorism as we ordinarily understand it is innately media-related."

William Gibson.