Is It Possible To Fake Your Gender?

Koda

Would the Kings esm be a pretty safe mod to test a sex change mod on?  I'm guessing that has approaches, which is the primary concern.  I'm just not into non-consensual, so I only want "safe" mods that will get the testing job done.

I believe Tryouts Kings, NCR and Khans are consensual only. Working girl is mostly, but I think the system is a little different. Stay away from the other ones..

@Koda:  I know that all Sexout anims go 3rd person, but out of curiosity, do you normally play in 1st or 3rd person?

I pretty much exclusively play in third-person unless I'm having trouble targetting something, even in "non-sexy" playthoughs (not that male characters look significantly different either way).

After that, someone just needs to make a mod that provides an item that male characters can wear with the effect, and add it to the safeforsex formlist.

Dynamically via a script @ game start/load or drag/drop into the formlist in the GECK?

That's what I thought, but then a certain alien confused me about some case where having it installed was warranted.

I built a non-working version the hard way.  I imagine that a quick rewrite will tell for sure if the switch during dialogue is happening.

Koda:  One of your wishes and dreams has come true.

How it works:

1. When you load the game, you'll get a (Sex Change) book.
  2. Equip the book to turn sex change on or off.  This gives you the HeFemale effect (or SheMale effect if playing a woman PC), but doesn't change your sex until you enter dialogue.
  3. The Greeting that you get from an NPC will still be made for the starting sex.  However, the dialogue options that you get after that will be those of the opposite gender.
  4. You get switched back to your starting sex after conversation ends.

Things I didn't test:

• If your original face reverts back after going through and then reversing the sex change.  I think that it does.
  • If you see the sex change back after conversation when you go back to 3rd person.  I don't really see a way around that.

What it doesn't do:

• If the getissex check is done in a mod's scripts that are outside of dialogue, it will use the original sex of your PC and fail that check.
  • As such, unless the script or spell checks for the HeFemale/SheMale effect, you're not going to get NPC Approaches that are set for the other sex.
  • Give you a pony.

If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll fuck around with it a little more.

Per pride, the best long term solution to enable approaches and passing all GetIsSex checks would be to create a custom race.  With the pile of things that I need to learn for my own mods, I am halfway sorry to say that creating a custom race is never going to be on that list.

SexoutSexChange.esp

I don't know if the mod deserves additional development since I don't know how widely it would be used (although that's obviously not the right mindset to have).

Can't decide if I should add perks on the change (cheating?) or only add the opposite vanilla game sex-based perk when you change your sex (e.g., if you have Lady Killer (is that the name of it?), you'd get Black Widow when you switch from male to female).  I could add a config option to the Sex Change menu so that people could set that on their own.

I couldn't get a left-corner message to show up when the change was applied, but that's only because I didn't feel like dicking around with it more yesterday.  That's the only thing I was sure that I wanted to add until I had the idea of the perk(s?), since those can affect dialogue options.

Thanks for all your help! I'll try it out (ha) when I get a chance and let you know if there are any major mishaps. Since I believe perks can be added through the console, I'm not sure that functionality is necessary, but it obviously wouldn't hurt.

You are a braver soul than I.  I've been in Blender a few times.  Much like Ravenholm, I find it best not to go there.  :D

I don't think that the mod that I threw together would be of any assistance to you, although I would think that T!'s trans voice files for Sexout Sound Replacer would be.

EDIT:  I look forward to seeing the outcome.

• 1 month later...

I'm also playing a submissive male like the OP and would like to access the females only stuff, but I don't know a lick of code... Is there a 101 step-by-step somewhere on 1) how to create a custom race and 2) get it to use the male meshes as female? 

Probably.  The custom race part.  I think the details of making the male female body were covered earlier in the thread?  Don't remember in what depth.

Have you tried the Sexout or Non-Sexout Sex Change mod in my signature?  Works best if you play in 1st person but works in 3rd as well.  You just might not get the approaches as much.

Probably.  The custom race part.  I think the details of making the male female body were covered earlier in the thread?  Don't remember in what depth.

Have you tried the Sexout or Non-Sexout Sex Change mod in my signature?  Works best if you play in 1st person but works in 3rd as well.  You just might not get the approaches as much.

Ok thanks, I'll look through the thread and see if I can wrap my head around how to go about it. First I'll try your mod, thanks for the pointer!

Archived