Guess This Location.

7 hours ago, Psalam said:

Most excellent. Specifically, that is where the river that flows through Markarth comes out on the outside (which is where my PC is). Thus, the juniper tree on the right. So a most excellent guess but, have you ever seen it before? (Don't worry I'll tire of playing with fonts.)

7 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I might have. I have a bad habit of rushing through things and not remembering what I literally just did a few seconds ago. :classic_tongue: That includes whether or not I looted something or noticed some feature.

The mod Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim adds a way into the city to your left in that picture, and every now and then, instead of going into the main city gates I'll take a left and head up into the wall. Both left and right from the doors are guard stations (without NPCs).  I could have posted a Where's This pic but I have a texture replacer for the city and it would make the area look like something else entirely (the characteristic stone design isn't visible inside there).

7 hours ago, valcon767 said:

it is a nice view out near Brand Shie's book for his history. the wreck nearby is the "Wreck of the Pride of Tel-Vos"

I can see where you would think that but that actually is a different wreck, not far from this one. (Of course "cosmologically speaking it's all nearby.)

You know you're bored when you're reading your own posts, but here I am. I was thinking it sounds like a platitude "In Skyrim all wrecks are in the Sea of Ghosts."

However, on further reflection I realized that this is not correct. No picture but can you guess that location?

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Extra point if you can identify the miscreant which did this to my gel.

5ae0b6f46797e_enb2018_04_2517_01_38_48.thumb.jpg.b32795b480d3b5e686c6a5cc41307d9f.jpg

It looks, for all the world, like Lake Illinalta (of Illinalta's Deep fame-which appears to be in her left axilla, er, armpit). That would make her flying over the eastern end of the Lake (where the Guardian Stones are). It is hard to imagine an opponent of such magnitude in that region. (Anise, the poacher, the necromancer near the site of Lakeview Manor, too far east to be thrown out of Shriekwind Bastion).

1 minute ago, Psalam said:

It looks, for all the world, like Lake Illinalta (of Illinalta's Deep fame-which appears to be in her left axilla, er, armpit). That would make her flying over the eastern end of the Lake (where the Guardian Stones are). It is hard to imagine an opponent of such magnitude in that region. (Anise, the poacher, the necromancer near the site of Lakeview Manor, too far east to be thrown out of Shriekwind Bastion).

Spot on with the location. She started off in the bottom LH corner of the image, not far from Anise's cottage. Maybe the perp is from a mod. SIC? It's always there in my games but I generally cheese it by doing a hit and retreat into the lake. This time I went with iron arrows, me who never does archery. . .

10 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Spot on with the location. She started off in the bottom LH corner of the image, not far from Anise's cottage. Maybe the perp is from a mod. SIC? It's always there in my games but I generally cheese it by doing a hit and retreat into the lake. This time I went with iron arrows, me who never does archery. . .

As I said, I'm not aware of anything (in the vanilla game) that has that power in that area.

I feel your comment about archery. There are 3 or 4 locations and times in the game when I use arrows (Labyrinthian is one of them) but I never have any perks and my skill level is always low.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Your comment implies a giant, but there isn't one there in the vanilla game.

50 minutes ago, Psalam said:

As I said, I'm not aware of anything (in the vanilla game) that has that power in that area.

I feel your comment about archery. There are 3 or 4 locations and times in the game when I use arrows (Labyrinthian is one of them) but I never have any perks and my skill level is always low.

I on the other hand use arrows a whole lot, and there's is a strange disappointment in getting a sneaking one shot kill when you have a frenzy poison on your bow.

6 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Your comment implies a giant, but there isn't one there in the vanilla game.

I on the other hand use arrows a whole lot, and there's is a strange disappointment in getting a sneaking one shot kill when you have a frenzy poison on your bow.

Must be SIC then. It was one of those uber-mega Spriggan P/Matriarch things. I usually hit them with fireballs with maxed out perks in destro and fire. I can't get the hang of archery, things are either too far away or too damned close.

8 hours ago, Psalam said:

You know you're bored when you're reading your own posts, but here I am. I was thinking it sounds like a platitude "In Skyrim all wrecks are in the Sea of Ghosts."

However, on further reflection I realized that this is not correct. No picture but can you guess that location?

I'm not convinced I'm right as the earlier piccy didn't look quite right (though it's been a while since I've been there). Anyway is it the Winter War wreck near Windhelm?

31 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I'm not convinced I'm right as the earlier piccy didn't look quite right (though it's been a while since I've been there). Anyway is it the Winter War wreck near Windhelm?

It is indeed. I often see it as Annekke Crag-Jumper's favor (sometimes the Helm of Winterhold). :smile:

30 minutes ago, Psalam said:

It is indeed. I often see it as Annekke Crag-Jumper's favor (sometimes the Helm of Winterhold). :smile:

She must have bloody good eyesight that Annekke Knitted-Jumper. She can spot some dodgy looking characters up near Windhelm from near her home in Darkwater.

24 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

She must have bloody good eyesight that Annekke Knitted-Jumper. She can spot some dodgy looking characters up near Windhelm from near her home in Darkwater.

You're right of course. But none of her usually assigned places (Uttering Hills, Stony Creek Cave) are EASILY seen from Darkwater Crossing. Want another?

Hint:

Spoiler

That blue smear near the top of the right hand pillar is not snow or camera fuzz but the misplaced body of a dead ice wraith (note the ice wraith track in the lower center of the picture),

ScreenShot25j.jpg

15 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm thinking way up in the NE between Winterhold and Windhelm around Journeyman's Nook. It's not marked on the UESPwiki map.

I can see that but this location is on the map. It's well known among Stormcloaks. :classic_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

I can see that but this location is on the map. It's well known among Stormcloaks. :classic_rolleyes:

with that clue I'd say the standing stone that Galmar the bloodthirsty has you visit to kill an ice wraith to prove your stormcloak-worthiness.  I suppose a frigid trek is as much of a test as clearing a whole fort of bandits but much less practical and useful.

10 hours ago, karlpaws said:

with that clue I'd say the standing stone that Galmar the bloodthirsty has you visit to kill an ice wraith to prove your stormcloak-worthiness.  I suppose a frigid trek is as much of a test as clearing a whole fort of bandits but much less practical and useful.

Correct, once more. Serpenstone Island it is with the Serpent Stone behind my PC (thus the hint with the dead ice wraith). If I get a chance I'll post another one later when I have a little more time.:smile:

8 hours ago, Psalam said:

This is a multipart question.

1) What is the building in the distance just to the right of center?

2) What are the buildings on the left side of the screen?

3) Where must my PC be in order to have this view?

ScreenShot24j.jpg

I knew I should have suggested someone do this.  I've had this idea but with all the green overhauls I have no one would really be able to guess correctly I thought, so I never took and posted a picture.

I'm not sure where you're standing and I was only going to post my own pic, so I'll let a couple hours pass and post a guess later.

13 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I snapped a shot of a random spawn giant walking through town.  Is the town recognizable?

giant walking.jpg

Worik's right but the list of characters on the left side of your shot including Rorik did make it a lot easier.

By the way you spruced the place up nicely with your mods.

9 hours ago, Psalam said:

This is a multipart question.

1) What is the building in the distance just to the right of center?

2) What are the buildings on the left side of the screen?

3) Where must my PC be in order to have this view?

1. Right of the center ? I cant' see anything there ... but left of center is Yngvild

2. The tower should be Frost-something Lighthouse, the brocken shacks should belong to Alftand where that lost expedition made it's camp

3. ...difficult to say ..I'd guesssomewhere in the middle between Mount Anthor and Saarthal

Rorikstead it is, forgot about the SLAM widget.

That's mostly a ETaC expansion of the town with some extra NPCs from a Dawnguard sentries mod (I have two and forget the names) and a whole lot of greenery from a summer overhaul.

I can name Frostflow Lighthouse and concur with Alftand

33 minutes ago, Psalam said:

but the list of characters on the left side of your shot including Rorik

.. ooops ... didn't even notice that :classic_blush: My notebook screen is too small for that. But that campsite of the guards, the inn and the roadside farmhouses are simply unique :classic_wink: