Guess This Location.

4 hours ago, Punga said:

So, dashing through it is out of the question then. 

What about an open horse? Or, was it one horse open?

Is a one horse open one without Tiger, Phil or any other big star, or just held in a little podunk of a place so small they only have a 9 hole course?

An open horse is just messy and smelly, would be much much better in snow and away from all of us.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Sounds like parts of the American South. :classic_laugh: Seriously, though, some states there got pounded by heavy snows while those of us out west were laughing at how unprepared they were and grumbling that they got our snow. We need that snow for our water (spring runoff from the mountains fills our reservoirs).

No clue where that screenshot was taken. And is that pink energy bar from PSQ?

I'm, I guess north central, and while we don't need the snow as badly, we should have some through the winter. Since we do get some on a regular basis we have the budget set aside for trucks, plows and such, but for some reason people still don't know how to drive the first storm we get each year.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I was supposed to be stood on a dragon mound but forgot. It's now a little further along the valley. There is a cottage just visible towards the right and rear.

Ground cover not too bad here, much better than in the Reach.

Oh, and I'd just been attacked by a 'Legendary Dragon'. This was most unexpected as there are no dragons in my games.

I'd ask if the cottage is intact or not, but since the Rift has a dearth of livable homes that probably won't help.

There is one by the imperial camp and the abandoned alchemists's shack at the head of the pass to Helgen, another mound by the Redwater den but "to the right and behind" wouldn't show up on your compass as a house too. The mountain to the left makes me think you're past the one between a dragon word wall and Forelhost, which I think is labeled Odaving's mound and marked on Delphine's map as the first one he raised, but again I'm not sure which cabin would be ahead, when the burned out one (someone playing with a scroll of fire atronach met a predictable end) is behind you?

23 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I'd ask if the cottage is intact or not, but since the Rift has a dearth of livable homes that probably won't help.

There is one by the imperial camp and the abandoned alchemists's shack at the head of the pass to Helgen, another mound by the Redwater den but "to the right and behind" wouldn't show up on your compass as a house too. The mountain to the left makes me think you're past the one between a dragon word wall and Forelhost, which I think is labeled Odaving's mound and marked on Delphine's map as the first one he raised, but again I'm not sure which cabin would be ahead, when the burned out one (someone playing with a scroll of fire atronach met a predictable end) is behind you?

I think you confused yourself there. That is Redwater Den in front with a 'dragon mound' (uesp map) behind and Autumnshade Clearing beyond that. I'll check tomorrow but I think the mound is called Autumnshade in-game.

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

stuff about green/snow

I re-installed the Summer Overhaul by ACeeq we'd talked about before, and I have it in a different place in my load order, I think, all the way at the top, just under the ESMs.  I also have a new ENB that I didn't have when I was using it, but I did have it for the last several months with the other Summer Skyrim mod from the Nexus... and somehow while moving everything around I think its working when it wasn't before, or its working better for some reason. Stuff in cities looks newer, and better and all kinds of nice everywhere....

cept for some of the distant views that still have snow on them with occasional long cell border lines, a giant white box of terrain full of snow. Either I'll have to figure out what file(s) I'm missing or it'll go away as the cell buffers clear. I did swap in an ongoing game.

10 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I might.  Forgot Autumwatch and Autumshade are similarily named, but I'm probably too focused on the house icon on your compass and comment about a cottage being behind you.

It was badly written by me but I meant 'right and rear' of the image.

I'm thinking of making the move from NMM to MO today.

15 hours ago, karlpaws said:

Is a one horse open one without Tiger, Phil or any other big star, or just held in a little podunk of a place so small they only have a 9 hole course?

An open horse is just messy and smelly, would be much much better in snow and away from all of us.

I'm, I guess north central, and while we don't need the snow as badly, we should have some through the winter. Since we do get some on a regular basis we have the budget set aside for trucks, plows and such, but for some reason people still don't know how to drive the first storm we get each year.

That's not what the Revenant said after sleeping inside a horse. 

1 hour ago, pointer said:

In the first one, it looks like you are standing near that spriggan quest place, Headwaters of Harstrad.

The second one is mosering pass?

Not a snow lover here though. Still some left on the ground where im at.

Wrong on the first one. Correct on the second. :smiley:

We are starting to get proper weather again - rain. You know where you are with rain.

6 hours ago, pointer said:

Ahh, you are standing a little south west of skaal village right?

The stuff on your compass is confusing the hell out of me :confounded:

Yes. That's the SE corner of the lake in the image, close to the spot where Bilgemuck stands. Compass bar is showing the lake, the Beast Stone and the Temple of Miraak.

On 3/28/2018 at 5:59 AM, pointer said:

Anyone know where this can be seen?

image.thumb.png.b9adc8bf12ef0713c1542b150d42699d.png

Hint

Hide contents

I rather think that's Saarthal in the room where Tolfdir stays behind to look at those very things.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Right my little scamps, you may find this one a little more difficult

ScreenShot171.thumb.jpg.7078dc02440af4107b2b77066492239c.jpg

I know the place, just can't remember the name.  The gate across the way can be jumped to but only unlocks from the other side. You end up having to go down, through tunnels and up into the room behind it, find a mercenary fighting off a few falmer and then, iirc, open a gate to the left, as you're looking at this into the final chamber of where-ever-it-is. You can return back and then take a short path on the right side of the picture to drop down on this side.

8 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I know the place, just can't remember the name.  The gate across the way can be jumped to but only unlocks from the other side. You end up having to go down, through tunnels and up into the room behind it, find a mercenary fighting off a few falmer and then, iirc, open a gate to the left, as you're looking at this into the final chamber of where-ever-it-is. You can return back and then take a short path on the right side of the picture to drop down on this side.

That's the place, but where is it :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Slorm said:

That's the place, but where is it :classic_biggrin:

After I thought about where I remembered "odd" mismatched places I thought of the cave between Nightgate Inn and Fort Fellhammer so I ran over there.

Realized I'd forgotten one of the best parts of Duskglow Crevice: two of the bandits talking about the falmer, the wierd people that stole one of the bandit's helmet.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Fort Kastav.

I have Necros set as friendly (with Manipulator) as they are a good income source. I have more trouble with the Imperial patrol which tries to travel the road. The Imps get the mages all fired up and interrupt negotiations.

Indeed it was. :classic_happy: