Aaovtr (Textures Mod)

s.eden

Hello,

Trying to find that mod ("Almost All Oblivion Vanilla Textures Replacer") (a quite complete pack of texture as far I had been able to think data about it) but seem to be lost for some month by now.

So, if anyone have a link to the file (a .bsa if I'm right), it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance of course.

If it was only on the nexus then it's gone as it seems it use to be there but was removed maybe copyright violations or uploading it with other peoples stuff in it without permission hard to say the link to the nexus only brings up *The file you requested was not found in our database.* Someone might have it hard to say.

Not even copyright, apparently, someone, albeit credited did not appreciate finding his files used in the mod (sic, I can understand allowing time & care to a texture or scenery, but still, if one mod it is at last part as to community improvement, so ?).

In any case, quite an handy file (as he did a lot as to find and then tune a quite large array of mods).

As usually, search first, ask later if no clue (this said, forums can be quite hard to get data from, keyword + search functions bringing only partial usable results).

*did not appreciate finding his files used in the mod* Then that would be why even if the person was credited if they did not give permission to use their files then it would be considered stealing and they have the right to either have the mod removed or their files removed from the mod. That is if the person that uploaded it didn't get banned for it and the mod deleted.

Yes, some people are limited as to common good, (politic subject there).

Then, yes, law & rules are there to allow "all" to share and access common rights and options. But, as time goes, more limits are added so to bring stop to more and more tracks.

Tbs, not sure this mod is still around somewhere.

Greetings.

@ S.Eden

Are you sure of the name ? Who is/was the autor of these textures ? Since 2008 i've downloaded a lot off "stuffs" from " That Site Over There " ... and i loose "nothing" , so may be your desired file is  " somewhere "  ( ... and that's another story to retrieve something !!! ) on one of my computers ?

I just need to known when i eventually got it ( by searching in my "downloaded history" ) to konw on wich hard drive/folder this file could be stored..

Cheers.

Hello Milady Anna,

Yes, AAOVTR as "Almost All Oblivion Vanilla Textures Replacer".
The file being packaged as to replace "Oblivion - Texture - Compressed.bsa", it is not that common :sleepy:

Author,

Seem to have been "Oblitanaril", at last on Nexus.
This said, here is the list (or at last part of it) of his selected textures .

Here is the post I found about the process / choice (so far, the most data found, I guess I found about this mod cause of one of his comment related to use of a specific mod).

And there for his official ban notice, pas de hasard.

For now, sent a message to his onlyest "friend" there, maybe an opening that way.

As to retrieve data, hm.

They are quite some options as to find back something, still, using time/tags it is the most quick (personally, mostly tags, as it is far more efficient as to mods tracking.

Damn, seem he is French/Francophone (to), now I need to try and log in this forum and see if I can reach him that way..

Never loosing anything, damn, I have so far lost more than 500gb of data on the course of the last 10 years, over HDD crash, power failure, stolen.

Guess there is nearly no way to be tottaly certain.

I do have a copy of it.. I still use it.

Edit: I am attempting to upload the file right now.

http://speedy.sh/DueqQ/AAOVTR-43788-1.7z

Just tested the link and it works (quick download, I may add even at 1.1GB).. a bit of that "spyware" junk (just hit decline on both prompts), but it was the only free option.. that way, at least it stays up and not expire.

Enjoy.

(let me know if this link works outside the USA) ;)

Document of AAOVTR as attachment VVVV

AAOVTR_AlmostAllOblivionVanillaTexturesReplacer.rtf

I do have a copy of it.. I still use it.

Edit: I am attempting to upload the file right now.

http://speedy.sh/DueqQ/AAOVTR-43788-1.7z

Just tested the link and it works (quick download, I may add even at 1.1GB).. a bit of that "spyware" junk (just hit decline on both prompts), but it was the only free option.. that way, at least it stays up and not expire.

Enjoy.

(let me know if this link works outside the USA) ;)

Document of AAOVTR as attachment VVVV

The link just seems to time out on my end (in the UK).

Thanks for the upload though :)

Download started, thanks a lot Alpkaz (and others, small quest / tracking are nice from time to time, it is not ?).

@ger4 : download start is quite hidden on that website, you need to click over "AAOVTR-43788-1.7ztag1.png" for the download to start.

(ah, symboles & codes)

@Alpkaz, it is ok if I edit the OP to add that dl link ?

Holy cow, 1Gig? I wish I can download it right now, anyone has tested it yet? I'd like to see a screen shoot before decide to download such size :) Thank you

Hi there.

Don't download it !

It looks like the original OBlivion texture folder , nothing else ... i see nothing "special" here.

Well that's not the "original" Oblivion texture , but seriously don't download it if you don't known what this texture's folder does/changes ...

In other words , you need to known exactly the purpose of this " mod " before ... it's better , but this is just my opinion, nothing else.

If you really want something "special" , use directly some "Morrowind" textures  ( like the glass texture or those made for the mage guild ... that's was too much better than in Oblivion ...) ... but just for your own use of course ... because of the "copyrights". 

Most of the .dds file are only in DTX1 format , but the "_n" files are in DTX3 or DTX5 format ... 

And by the way , the character's textures are not for HGEC .

Bye.

Updated textures & meshes, allow for quite a lot of time keeping.
That said, it is a year old mod, who need (as said specifically, Body Textures)more advanced or updated content/mod (Mesh Improvement Project, Parallax mapping gigapack, ..).

As to compression/format, he did spent quite some time over retooling them (as he said, complete replacement + upgrade of the base resources, thus the format + name).

If not a connection / data plan concern, no= reason not to check something like this.

• 1 month later...

Archived