What Crazy And Odd Things Have You Seen In Your Travels Of Skyrim?

xenic

One of the oddest things I encountered is actually in the vanilla game.

Somewhere near Ivarstead, there's a Novice Necromancer who's constructed a crude altar and offered soul gems and... chicken eggs to it. Upon aggroing him, he promptly raises everything around him to fight for him.

They're chickens.

He raises four chickens to fight you.

I know the guy you're talking about. But he never resurrected chickens when I ran across him. The one with the stones around his altar and I think a skill book there? Maybe I've always killed him too quickly.

I don't remember a skill book being there - the altar is a crude affair built out of bones, sticks, and straw, and there's chicken eggs in it. He's surrounded by the corpses of four chickens, so you'd know him when you see him.

The raising should always happen, it seems to be triggered by a script rather than an actual spell, because they don't die when he does, they sit around being chickens until time runs out and they disintegrate.

Damn these mannequins, I've always had a terrible incontrolable fear of dolls and those were close enough to almost make me stop playing forever.

Once in a random house, I slept only to find all the mannequins reunited in a circle around my bed upon waking up. They never moved from there when I came by occasionally and everytime I went back to sleep they would creep up nearer and nearer the bed ... Reminded me of the Angels in Doctor Who, SO DAMN CREEPY

I dont know if this counts as something funny or weird or maybe it's covered in the lore somewhere, but I always had problems with the map in Skyrim.

I kept thinking north was south and vice versa...

Well I finally figured it out, when you go farther north in Sky rim it gets colder (as you would expect in the northren hemisphere... Now look at the posistion of the sun.

It's in the North! Going north should make things hotter.

I dont know what kind of crazy orbit would make that possible.

This isn't so much of a bug as it is how the code is written. I was fighting a dragon and a giant, the dragon swoops down at me and goes into the ground. It comes up under the giant, lifts it into the air. My first thought was "a giant riding a dragon?! I'm screwed!" then he fell off and died. I was laughing so hard I forgot to hit the screenshot button.

Can you only spawn a current clone of the character your playing? Or can you spawn a double of any character you have saved?

Either way I saw this when my character Morrigan wanted to wear DAO Morrigan's robes. I typed help. Morrigan and noticed one said NPC_(id#)Morrigan. I didn't dare try and spawn it but now I'll have to haha. Don't think I'll save with a clone of myself in the game but its certainly harmless to mess around with.

Can you only spawn a current clone of the character your playing? Or can you spawn a double of any character you have saved?

Either way I saw this when my character Morrigan wanted to wear DAO Morrigan's robes. I typed help. Morrigan and noticed one said NPC_(id#)Morrigan. I didn't dare try and spawn it but now I'll have to haha. Don't think I'll save with a clone of myself in the game but its certainly harmless to mess around with.

If something bad would happen, just load an old save and kill her. Unless the kill commmand will kill you too....

haha I just tried this out on my end and created a clone of my PC. I was able to get her to follow me with Sexlab but could not get any animations to work. Matchmaker had no effect on her either.

I'm using EFF and that doesn't work because the EFF menu does not appear.

I tried the Ring Of Fashion Designer on her to see if I could remove her gear but that didn't work either.

Kind of a weird buried functionality. Maybe it was meant to be part of a quest that didn't get finished.

haha I just tried this out on my end and created a clone of my PC. I was able to get her to follow me with Sexlab but could not get any animations to work. Matchmaker had no effect on her either.

I tried the Ring Of Fashion Designer on her to see if I could remove her gear but that didn't work either.

Kind of a weird buried functionality. Maybe it was meant to be part of a quest that didn't get finished.

The ring of fashion designer worked for me. I had to do the "remove default" then "dress up"

As to the clone thing, Oblivion had the console command "createfullactorcopy" which was awesome as it created a full new you with all your powers, perks, level etc..

Sadly that's defunct in Skyrim, closest I've found is "player.placeleveledactoratme 7"

I have a hypothesis. It's part of the Throw Voice shout. I think this because my clone uses those echoing expressions you hear when you use that shout. Perhaps the game uses a clone of your character as the source of the voice?

Hey, troll bait! :lol:

I have a hypothesis. It's part of the Throw Voice shout. I think this because my clone uses those echoing expressions you hear when you use that shout. Perhaps the game uses a clone of your character as the source of the voice?

In the CK, there is an invisible actor marker. Maybe that has something to do with the clone.

You mean every time you use that Throw Voice shout, the game would create a copy of yourself at the location you shout at ? 

Dude that'd be like the dumbest developer idea ever, I love it ! 

Now I managed to spawn a chest full of Dwarven weapons (very cool ones actually) and spell tomes with summon dwarven automaton spells inside. Another chest had a lot of Dwemer clothing and armore (for a body type other than mine apparently since it clipped badly) and even some body part replacements.

Crazy stuff. And I just wanted to spawn a chest to store stuff in my house. :lol:

Umm..... just saw this for the first time today walking around (well sliding) when I went to Dragon Bridge... I haven't touched any new mods or done anything either for a long while in the past few weeks now. Halp...

Screenshot41545.jpg

Yesterday I visited the Bannered Mare in Whiterun and talked to an NPC there, an old guy added by the Interesting NPCs mod (didn't quite remember his name, but that's not really important). During the conversation, he started walking toward the door - this happened before with Interesting NPCs so I just followed him, listening to the dialogue. He exited the inn, so I followed. As the game loaded, he catapulted like mad, bounced off Belethor's shop and landed near the Drunken Huntsman, all the while making poses like he was possessed.

Archived