What Crazy And Odd Things Have You Seen In Your Travels Of Skyrim?

xenic

I always come across something in a playthrough that seems funny, out of place, or just hilariously wrong. Sometimes it's a glitch, other times it's two or more mods not playing well together. The idea for this thread is simple:

Post screenshots of the funny,silly,wrong, or out of place  things you have seen happen while playing. They don't have to be vanilla, just give some context of it's not obvious. I'm sure with a community this large, we must have lots.

I'll start off with one that just happened. 

Vampires attacked Whiterun and just as I start to fight, here comes R0R0N0 to the rescue.

post-94042-0-20501400-1399424252_thumb.jpg

After the fight, I look and see this drunk guy singing to the corpses of the vampires.

post-94042-0-45483300-1399424254_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega1084

I don't have screenies of this anymore but sometimes the intro sequence bugs out and the cart goes nuts.

Might be the same thing PsychoMachina said.

Here's a video of it not made by me:

I don't have screenies of this anymore but sometimes the intro sequence bugs out and the cart goes nuts.

That is bug.  The "moment" I'm referring to happens during the execution scene.  Disturbing and funny at the same time.

The stormcloak that gets beheaded will reanimate and start attacking the Imperials.  Reanimate as in full-blown, berzerk mode.

Guest Omega1084

That is bug.  The "moment" I'm referring to happens during the execution scene.  Disturbing and funny at the same time.

The stormcloak that gets beheaded will reanimate and start attacking the Imperials.  Reanimate as in full-blown, berzerk mode.

That's fucking amazing.

If someone has footage of that I would love to see it XD

Around the Rorikstead/Whiterun plains, there's an open spot with some ruins. There's always an Imperial Officer (Legate Quinten or something) who keeps telling me to join the legion standing in the middle of nowhere. If you kill him, he actually just gets back up again and stops being hostile, so I could mine him for exp if I wanted to but eh. 

Another one is probably mod related: Sometimes when resurrecting male corpses with conjuration spells, the thralls use female idle and movement animations until they die. Gets a bit silly. 

In one playthrough I was past the point in the Companions' questlines where Skjor gets killed by the Silver Hand. I happened to be out exploring around the area where all the hot springs and geisers are when I ran across three companions out hunting. And one of them was THE DEAD SKJOR! :o He even spoke to me. Then he just "slid" away still in his death pose with no clothes on and much of his body clipped into the ground. He also showed up at Jorvaskkr like that.

I just found that kind of creepy.

I ran past a farm once to realise I was going the wrong way so i ran back and for reasons unknown it decided to render all the cows as floating in the air.

To be fair to the cows its probably pretty safe from predators up there (well until dragons arrive)

I was riding on my horse, near some mountains when suddenly a dragon falls dead in front of me and I absorb it's soul. I was very confused, so I turned off clipping and flew up the mountain. I found a camp near the top and it was full of dead mages and necromancers. Best I could tell, the dragon spawned, aggro'd the npcs, as the mages dies, they were rezzed and kept fighting until everyone died. Fire effect ticked the last of the dragon's health.

Guest Omega1084

I was riding on my horse, near some mountains when suddenly a dragon falls dead in front of me and I absorb it's soul. I was very confused, so I turned off clipping and flew up the mountain. I found a camp near the top and it was full of dead mages and necromancers. Best I could tell, the dragon spawned, aggro'd the npcs, as the mages dies, they were rezzed and kept fighting until everyone died. Fire effect ticked the last of the dragon's health.

I didn't even know something like that was possible o.o

I didn't either. It doesn't matter who kills the dragon, as long as you're close you'll get the soul.

Guest Omega1084

I didn't either. It doesn't matter who kills the dragon, as long as you're close you'll get the soul.

That's awesome. I knew Miraak could do that but not the PC. Cool~ xD

That dead horse I see at or around Fort Kastav; usually skewered by a roadblock, but sometimes drops from the sky several cells away and almost halfway to Windhelm.

Of course, the mammoths who respawn right on top of each other, and one gets killed.

Lydia and I got into a fight with a band of bandits.  Aftewards, while looting the bodies, I noticed one of them took an arrow in the nutsack.  I know I took a screenshot of that, but can't find it now.

One night I decided to stop over at Whiterun and saw that Ulfberth took a warhammer in the head.

I had a lvl 50 character. I had gotten half way through the Dawnguard quest line and just stopped. After a few days real time, I noticed the only NPC's left alive were the ones that were flagged essential. Between dragons and vampires, most of Skyrim had been killed off.

Speaking of weddings, I stood off to the side of the door to the Temple of Mara (inside) to wait until morning and when the wait time was up there was a dead guy there and my fiance wouldn't talk to me and stormed out.

That left me really, really confused. :lol:

Guest Omega1084

Oh I forgot about this. This happened at my last wedding.

attachicon.gif2014-03-25_00009.jpg

NSFW 

What even!

Speaking of weddings, I stood off to the side of the door to the Temple of Mara (inside) to wait until morning and when the wait time was up there was a dead guy there and my fiance wouldn't talk to me and stormed out.

That left me really, really confused. :lol:

What even this too!

Me and my new best friends Madanach & Co. broke out of Cidhna Mine last night... only to run straight into a vampire attack on Markarth. It was pitch black (Darker Nights mod), everybody was running and yelling and fighting - ok, not everybody: some guards prefered making passionate love instead of fighting (RandomSex mod), and every few seconds a message popped up: "Madanach wants to rape Thonar Silver-Blood" and "Markarth guard wants to rape vampire thrall" (Defeat mod), and in the midst of it I turned into a werewolf and ran through the mad town unnoticed. So I had to go back in because the only reason why I had entered Markarth in the first place was that I needed one more city for my "Master criminal" achievement... could have done this in a second by simply shapeshifting on a peaceful day in front of the guards but I like the Conspiracy plot so I played all the way through (again).

I should have made a video of the entire scene but I only saw blackness and several glowing bodies (Predator Vision mod).

Then after escaping I got two bounty hunters on my tail. Luckily, there was a giant camp nearby, so I ran towards the giants, circled them, the hunters followed, and next... I had two bounty hunters and two giants chasing after me. Not what I had planned. So I ran up a mountain to a spot where I could hide, and there I waited while the four of them started circling me and eventually ran into each other's aggro radius. While it dawned on the hunters that they'd make a stupid mistake by ignoring the giants, I sneaked away, laughing my ass off.

Or the group of Stormcloak soldiers and Forsworn, chatting happily away (aka just standing there) on the road until I got close. "O damn, the Dovahkiin approaches! Quick, everybody into position aaaand FIGHT!"

Or the picture below...

Events like these are one of the reasons why I have spent 1,571 hours in Skyrim so far. :) Thank you, game creators and every modder out there. :heart:

post-145952-0-35272800-1399539214_thumb.jpg

* Invading Windhelm with Defeat installed, fighting my way through the streets while all around me soldiers from both sides start raping each other.

* Turning Ulfric into a fine red mist and a pile of gory bones (with a 'explode humans on kill' enchant on my crossbow) before he's had a chance to surrender, yet still getting told by General Tullius that I can keep his sword (which he never gave me).

* Building a house from the top down, like I normally do in Minecraft:

7zLtZvV.jpg

* Watching the opening sequence in Helgen play out with Hadvar mysteriously absent, with everyone else acting like he was still there (he showed up by the time I was being led to the block, but remained on his horse - halfway stuck into the ground)

* Aela's crotch still gushing nonstop several days after being subjected to Estrus Chaurus tentacles. Would've thought dehydration would have killed her by then... nothing short of killing and resurrecting her would stop it.

* Finding out WHY the 'max breast scale' in Hentai Pregnancy defaults to 2 even though the slider goes to 20:

icMU9dm.jpg

* Finding out why there are no female Graybeards:

DtMQkOt.jpg

* ...or just being very, very silly:

nYq4Lab.jpg

Archived