Oily Wet Sweaty Skin Body - Easy Guide / Tutorial

ye but where is the head mesh?? 

I cant find it

Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalehead.nif

Only that thing :)

If there have a tool that can read the values of Glossiness and Specular Strength in .nif file and then save it (HEX editor for example), it can save a lot of time when make all armor glossy like GlossMax, I can find that values with Cheat engine but can't find the way to make a tool for it..

What bugs me, is why would the characters be sweaty all the time?

I petition for a mod that links sweaty skin to stamina loss!

Thing is that you'd have to bake a mod that changes the glossiness of your body nif on the fly, or you'd have to create a script that would load different speculars according to your stamina level ... All in all pretty impossible and really heavy performance wise. (tl;dr I tried, I failed)

I dunno if the mod per se did it, but whenever my character has sex through SD she gets all sweaty which makes it very immersive. Could the effect be applied in a easier way than tying it to stamina? 

ye but where is the head mesh?? 

I cant find it

Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalehead.nif

Only that thing :)

If there have a tool that can read the values of Glossiness and Specular Strength in .nif file and then save it (HEX editor for example), it can save a lot of time when make all armor glossy like GlossMax, I can find that values with Cheat engine but can't find the way to make a tool for it..

fun fact:  there is no femaleheadnif in that folder @_@

• 3 months later...

I use Mod organizer so I have no idea where my meshes/textures folders are. Any ideas?

The meshes PC foder is here

C: Programs (x86)  Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/Actors/characther/character assets

The textures folder is here

C: Programs (x86) Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/textures/Actors/characther/female

I use Mod organizer so I have no idea where my meshes/textures folders are. Any ideas?

C: Programs (x86)  Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/Actors/characther/character assets

C: Programs (x86) Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/textures/Actors/characther/female

Thank you for the reply. No sign of it there, but I remember when using the NMM, that was what the original location for those folders. Unless I need to create my own? 

http://gyazo.com/48d0158222a076295ff59e78a288a1e4 < screenshot

Thank you for the reply. No sign of it there, but I remember when using the NMM, that was what the original location for those folders. Unless I need to create my own? 

here all my Skyrim Data folders post-204983-0-32946300-1412978362_thumb.jpg

if this folder are not available, there are two ways to receive it! first and best option, you manually install the body to use so you want to mod data to game data, then this folder will be created automatically. second and tedious option you create these folders yourself, but caution! a write error can ruin everything,!

Thanks for the first method. I used that ENB trick sometimes but got tired of it because it oiled everything. First method is good especially since it leaves face without oil.

so as I understand it, you do not want any oily texture?

There are two mods of all the "utmost importance"!

the first should each install, because this removes the ugly "bronze effect".

No More Ugly Bronze Shine by COTS

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29791/?

This mod removes the gloss effect.

Dry Skin by Svarog

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31782/?

• 1 month later...

For anyone using Mod Organizer (and ECE) that wants the face to also appear oily you go to where you have MO set up and running (it can be run from almost anywhere, though).

Look in /mod organizer/mods/enhanced character edit/meshes/actors/character/character assets/ and you'll find "femalehead.nif". That's the file you need to open with NifSkope to apply the glossiness settings.

You can use this on all sorts of stuff, even SoS schlongs if you want to.

And since you're doing it inside the MO /mods/ folder you can just reinstall the mod into MO and undo all the changes.

You can also use GIMP or PhotoShop to change the colors of items that are in the MO /mods/ folder in much the same way, and this can also be undone by reinstalling the "modded" mod in MO.

If you're using MO and RM together? I can only find head meshes in the overwrite folder (or if you create a mod from your overwrites it will be in there).

Even with ECE and editing the values of Gloss and Specular strength of femalehead.nif, the character's face is not oiled. I confirmed this when I tried modifying the head of multiple followers and had the same result.

Are there certain face textures which are incompatible with modifications to the femalehead.nif?

Ok i'm a idiot. 

The Fair Skin Complexion linked on this forum does not give the entire package (as in face tints, makeup, eyes, etc etc). I confirmed this when I uninstalled my face textures and I saw the ugly ass default Breton face while having the (referred) UNP fair Skin complexions. My recommendation is to install the Fair Skin Complexion - Fair Skin Complexion for UNP v7_6 NMM Installer Package from  www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?  (or just search Fair Skin Complexion) and make sure you select the face options ( i selected all to be safe) on the installer.

By doing so , you will avoid the un-oiled and discolored neck/head problem. 

So yes, it does seem that unique face textures do seem incompatible with the first method, since femalehead.nif modifications will not apply correctly. The reason being is that i believe that face textures such as SG Facial Textures are like a overlay  which  doesn't have the capability to support the gloss required.

Hope this helps people avoid the dreaded "dull skin".

Ok Im a bigger idiot than i thought.

The gloss and specular edits to the femalehead.nif will modify the sheen of your face if you are using fair skin complexion for UNP v7_6. Using any other face textures will create a neck seam and discoloration due the fact that the fair skin complexion is a COMPLETE retexture of the body. Meaning that if you use a face texture, that texture will be different from the base Fair Complexion affecting your character, thus creating the discoloration.

ON FURTHER NOTE. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A FACE THAT IS NOT OILED LIKE THE REST OF THE BODY, DO NOT PANIC.

The author of Equipable Wet BodY mod states that the mod

"This mod adds an item that switches the specular maps of the female body to a wet style (except the head). This method is not visible when wearing armor, though."

If your body is more "wet" than the face, this is because the mod required to exploit the wet body mesh replacement does not actually affect the head. This means that even with edits to femalehead.nif, using a UNP Fair Complexion + Optional Installs + Sweaty Body UNP (from this forum) with ECE, you will still have a (minor) neck seam with a somewhat shiny (but not wet/or oiled) head.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE HEAD OILED, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PURSUE THE 2nd METHOD (ENB) SINCE IT OILS EVERYTHING*. UNFORTUNATELY IT SEEMS THAT THE VIDEO HAS BEEN MADE PRIVATE.

*requesting specification provided by people who attempted 2nd method.

I just attempted method no.2 moments ago. Adjusted ENBseries.ini and modified femalehead.nif to gloss 1000 and strength 10. Discoloration is present (neck seam to be expected). The face is indeed shinier, although at higher ENB values it took on a metallic appearance. Um....as with modifying ENB values, there was a discernible decrease in FPS, 

Is there a way to have a wet skin texture be applied along with Frostfall or Wet and Cold? Frostfall has a simple looking shader that gets applied when you are wet, but it looks very unrealistic. Would love to have a wet body texture work along with the drips. Anyone know if this is possible? It might be as easy as replacing a frostfall file with the wet texture, but I don't know.

Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I tried the first example, and nothing changed at all. I installed the wet texture for CBBE, then changed the value of glossiness and the strength. Does it not work for Bodyslide? I use Bodyslide so i'm guessing that may be it?

Same issue as well.  Shame the video is no longer available.  I do hope it is available for Bodyslide.

Hoping maybe someone knowledgeable can help on this subject.  I'd really like to get this to work.