Curious: Why Is Sexout Based Around A Female Pc?

nyaalich

I'd like more male focused content in the future though

We all write what we as authors are interested in writing, seeing, and playing. Some take requests, but honestly, if content is missing that you wish was there, it's time to start learning to mod. Kick all your excuses about why you can't to the curb.

Don't say you don't have the time. None of us do. We manage anyway.

Don't say you don't know how. None of us did when we started, either.

God damnit. You really made me want to start learning to mod.

Well grab your GECK and get into it :)

You will also find even if your kinks aren't the sort of kinks we are into, we don't mind helping you :)

If I had to guess why content for females is so predominant I'd say because there are realtively few modders and they make the stuff that they personally want to see in the game.

However, I wouldn't say that what's lacking is male content as much as dominant content. Specifically, I came here looking for a combat rape mod for my evil dumb-dumb playthrough (if you are a heartless and mindless mountain of muscle you don't ask nicely; you take what you want by force) only to find out I'm going to have to make one myself. Oh well, I'd better get on with it and start reading those tutorials. :D

In regard to playing as male or female, I usually default to male on my first playthrough of any RPG, because my first character is almost always an idealized version of myself. But after that like to mix things up. To me gender is just another variable that changes from one character to another, like the tag skills or attribute distribution. I get bored if I play one gender for too long, just like I would get bored always playing with the same set of skills.

• 1 month later...

I think answer is somewhere in head of modders that creating mods. I don't see any other logical explanation for spenting time to add scripting condition that prevents scripts on male PC. There is cannot be something awful when something happens to lifeless model on your monitor, if You're OK. Because monotonous "male dominant/female submissive" is not realistic, it's only someone's fantasy. I personally know a lot of people and situations in real life that shows diametrically opposed things.

Well, all these conditions easy to delete in GECK (thanks to Atom, lol), so this is not so big problem. x)

This has been a really interesting thread to read through, and I notice something of theme.

This is not meant to sound at all judgmental.

It seems like the 'power fantasy' hit the nail on the head.

Whether it's the ability to custom design a female PC to one's own interest, the ability to personally determine the female's interest / opinion / reaction to the various incidents, or the ability to control what incidents the female PC encounters it's all about control.

Playing as the woman allows the player to completely control the character's appearance, personality, and behavior. It allows someone to custom build and completely control whatever kind of character they want, and I use 'want' here in the sexual sense.

A male playing a female PC can pretend that the PC likes or doesn't like something based solely upon whether they want the PC, the girl, to want or not want it. The same scene can be rape if they want to imagine it as such; or the PC could simply be a horny slut who willingly bends over at the slightest provocation, based entirely on how the player wants to perceive it.

If ever there were a way to hand-craft your ideal women; mind, body, & spirit, playing as a female character comes close.

Ultimately games are designed to bring enjoyment to their players, Sexout and its kindred mods simply allow their core games to bring sexual enjoyment to their players.

I actually re-watched Heavy Metal recently, and it occurred to me that this film which is frequently referred to as a 'cult classic' is almost every (perceived) male sexual fantasy in order, and yet the iconic image and literal cover for the film is, iirc the only female protagonist. (The film is a collection of various stories)

Tangent: There might be one other technical female protagonist, but her story is pretty much 'get abducted by aliens and have sex with a robot' which I think is really more of a lead in for Zapp Brannigan Seriously on trial for being Satan (or at least behaving like him); because otherwise there would be no boobs in that skit.

I had seen it before, when I was arguably not old enough to be watching the movie, but it never registered to me that it was just 'nerd becomes Conan and saves the world by having sex with literally every woman he encounters' or 'woman of allegedly legendary combat prowess spends most of her time restrained and / or topless.' Seriously

The discussion just brought that to mind, I'm not sure what my point was; maybe that people aren't as complicated as we like to think.

Personally,

I'm female myself, but I play both male and female characters.

Not I admit that I generally don't go in for the 'be a slut!' mods, I prefer the ones that go for a more immesive feel. Within the Fallout setting, the world is effectively a crapshoot, there are people who rape murder and eat people not necessarily in that order. It makes sense that if you're a woman, there are people who are going to try and take advantage of you; personally I wouldn't mind if more of the 'hey slut come here and suck my dick!' dialogues had an option for 'shoot him' but I don't mod so I try not complain about what I'm given for nothing.

One of the things I truly disliked about Skyrim and most of the later Fallout games is that in the vanilla they treat gender as just sort of a box to click one or the other; at least in Oblivion being male vs female effected your base stats a little, shifting some from this to that.

Tangent: Honestly I agree with the people who think it was sexist, but disagree that it was sexist to have the stats shift, but that it was what they shifted to that was sexist. Why can't female orcs have more Strength or Endurance than male orcs? You think it's easy giving birth to an orc? or raising an orc child. I imagine orc mothers believe in corporal punishment for misbehaving children and should be feared more than daedra. Just imagine all the strength and rage of an orc combined with the righteous fury and unmatched scorn of an angry mother.

Getting back to Fallout:

The Powder Gangers are a group of escaped convicts who likely haven't seen a woman in, what, years? Decades? However long they've been in prison certainly. It makes sense that they would be sexist pigs, and honestly I like the idea of using that against them.

Sure, I'll give the guard a blowjob: it's relatively non-invasive and I happen to think they're fun. Then once inside I can orcastrate the destruction of the entire gang leaving them all to die in a hail of NCR bullets while I laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I'd like to see more outfits added to sexout pregnancy before male oriented mods.  I've tried my hand and trying to make some but I always screw up with the mesh files.  And well, the pre-existing sexout pregnancy outfits are starting to get a little stale.  Kendo's cali prostitute outfit replacement mod, those outfits should really be converted for sexout pregnancy, they're just totally wicked.  But as it stands right now, they don't even have "bounce".

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a really interesting thread to read through, and I notice something of theme.

(snip)

Just wanted to say great post.

I also learned about the "Green Pact" through a mod on the Nexus :

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/7697/?

I've always enjoyed playing Bosmers since Morrowind (in Daggerfall, I picked a Dunmer), with their endearing black eyes and particularly deadly markmans skills. They just click with me. Now that we have OCO, which makes the vanilla races much more attractive, the above mod hasn't left my load order list.

All I can say about the rest is that I equally would like to see more games with deeper mechanisms to handle the expectations of the human player in regards of "their" virtual Adam or Eve.

Allowing us to physically differenciate males from females (gender), bosmers from orcs (race), bodypart colours or shapes is one thing, but accounting for the whole spectrum of human personalities and emotions in-game is where the real challenge awaits the developers of the future.

I have been playing female chrs ever since they gave me the option.... As a player of some 42 years (got my Atari pong at 8) i grew tired of looking at the back side of a dude all the time :) 

And as to the thread I think I play this way because 1: all the wretched and brutal depravity turns me on and 2: I am really a nice guy and couldn't inflict that kind of sexual torture and abuse upon a beautiful woman.. But if i was that beauty "spank me and call me Shirley!" 

• 1 month later...

Hey just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all this great discussion! A lot of interesting perspectives here. I never really thought about why fallout sexual modding has been so female oriented but I think that is a good thing.

I mean... You don't usually see a female oriented modding community for a major game like this, While I fall more towards playing as a man or futanari character myself I can certainly appreciate that I could, at any time, make my own mod to my taste.

Maybe someday i'll get off my lazy ass and make that necromancy overhaul I always dream about for skyrim.

Archived