Curious: Why Is Sexout Based Around A Female Pc?

nyaalich

My understanding is that Sexout (or perhaps just most mods for it?) are based around having a female PC.  I'm curious as to why that is.  Was this just the way it was in Oblivion adult modding and then just carried forward to Fallout?

Because. That's why.

I could go down this rabbit hole of a question and write a book.  Instead I'm going to tell you a story.

Imagine if a great chasm ran all the way around the earth.  On one side of this chasm we place all the males. On the other side, all of the females.

The females, generally speaking, would get along relatively well.  The females know all they have to do is continue with their lives, and wait.  Why?  Well let's take a look at what's going on over at the male side...

The men on the other hand would not rest, until they had found a way to get across to the women.  The work to get across that chasm would not cease night or day on the male side.  We would literally fill the chasm with bodies to get across, if that's what it took.  ie. Our whole lives would revolve around getting across that chasm to get to the women.

So what you're saying is that men are zombies.

World-War-Z-banner.jpg

Illustration courtesy of World War Z.

So, you basically addressed the reason behind my question:  if it's all about trying to get some chicks, why aren't the mods/experienced designed around a male PC trying to get with as many female NPCs as possible?

EDIT:  I'm also curious why in the fuck the titles don't allow me to have all caps abbreviations/acronyms.  Makes me look stupid.  : P

EDIT EDIT:  To continue with the book/article writing, old-school biologically-speaking, men go after as many chicks as possible, chicks go after the highest quality guy.  Nature versus nurture nowadays.  Obviously, people aren't that black and white now.

Guest tomm434

From my point of view, I have more control over what happens to the female if I'm controlling the female.

Are you? I mean it is easier to give freedom to male character than to female. Because if you're playing as male you can do to women anything you want. But as female you have to wait for some initiative from men and that's.. let's say more difficult and labor-intensive to implement in terms of modding.

You can certainly tailor your female PC to your particular personal tastes compared to the other ladies of the wasteland.

@Odessa:  It does require more story effort, except for the mods like the PG Kennel and Legion and Slavery stuff (disclaimer:  I know little to nothing about how these mods actually work).  Of course, those could be fetish for the sake of fetish or consequences for one's actions.   The point is that mods like this have the PC saying "No was supposed to be 'No,' but since this mod is installed, No means 'No *wink*."

To be clear, this isn't a thread of judging.  It's curiosity.

lol  I think Lenny Bruce said it best.

A woman breaks her arm, and she just doesn't feel good.  She doesn't feel good and she's not in the mood.  A guy could have an accident, head on collision with a bus, thrown through a plate glass window, foot hanging off, and on the way to the hospital the guy makes a play for the nurse.

I think it's really that simple.  Why is there more female stuff?  Because the game is played predominantly by males.  It may sound a little backwards, but it makes perfect sense.

Oh T that's sound interesting but actually it would mean the contrary for me :)

EDIT:

well nyaalich the question is more than legit, it's a curiosity I never thought about. All I can think is that the complete number of plugins is not so high to create an almost 50/50 balancement. What I mean is if for example you have 20 plugins, and you know that rape / pregnant / something involving only females - plugin must be done, at the end you will have 15 female / 5 male. Only on bigger numbers maybe these results could be more similar. But that's just my opinion.

Then if I must think to a quest mod like SOFO, it has a lot of work behind so making the contrary and not using Mitchell but Sunny, just to say, would mean doing twice the work, it's really a pain, also probably it would kite from the original idea of a love born to the person who saved the courier

But generally speaking, the engine allows you to work with a male/female PC on a male/female/cat/dolphin NPC, and that's really important in my opinion :) <<< but this is absolutely unrelated with your question

As someone who has thus far only published fanservice-ish mods, I am extra disappoint in myself, although *list of reasons why I haven't finished other mods, which could include Sexout, but more as an afterthought.*

I tend to make use of the wsex.esp that gives sexual innuendo the ability to use sexout animations.

Sexual innuendo and the other wsex mods seem to be designed in the opposite way to sexout, with almost all of them designed for a person playing as a male PC. This suits my tastes better.

I noticed very early on that mods designed specifically for sexout seem to be enjoyed a lot more by male players that enjoy pretending to be girls in fallout. This is heavily reflected therefore in the content provided for them.

(Not judging, just the way it seems to be)

Guest tomm434

Astymma, to do fanservice a person has got to have

1)FanBase

2)Something that people love and they want to see

So, Fanbase, huh? I don't see constant quantity of people here who are fans of particular mods. Most of the people just download the mod and play it without even bothering looking into download topic. No fanbase here....

Something that people love? Like what? There is no particular idea or a character that people on this site would like to see implemented. They have general concept of what they want - submission, slavery, rape. And hell - we don't even know if they even want want that. They don't have a choice but to play mods that are done by contributors. I've never seen anyone of the modders here who makes mods by requests.

So no, no fanservice here. You want examples of fanservice? Mass effect 3(all romantic scenes, especcialy in CItadel DLC-that's a ONE BIG FANSERVICE RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE),Call of duty(resurrecting characters like Cpt.Price, etc.), Artemis Fawl books, hell of examples.

What we have here is blind randomness(for example, I started making my mod for female characters because I was in the mood to do it for female character.Then I just didn't want to give up it in the middle), desires of contributers and a will to meet demand(not to please the fans - that's different). Sorry if I seem rude by the style of my answer, no offence meant.

I don't about everyone else, but it's more interesting for me, as a guy, to play as woman.

I already know what it feels like to be a guy.

Now if you put a sexually deprived/depraved guy's mind in control of the body of a very

attractive woman, what do you think might happen? I get to see the woman fucked while

being in the mind of the male and the female, which is really interesting and incredibly

erotic. So I like mods that allow the woman to get fucked in as many different ways as

possible. I enjoy seeing my PC act like a monstrously horny wandering slut, who gets

herself into all sorts of trouble, and enjoys it. It's a game to her; I imagine her having a

beer and laughing afterwards with the raiders that just gang-raped her, because the

whole thing was an act. 

Maybe I'm hitting a little too close to home, but I think one of the reasons might be the reduced chance of rejection (and/or players having bad experiences thereof)?! I think the majority of (male) players playing a female character in conjunction with sex mods don't actually fantasize about being the woman in the kind of situations they put their character in, but rather enjoy having control of a character of the opposite gender to do with as they please. It probably boils down to classical power fantasies.

Add to that an emotional attachment to your character which amplifies what happens on-screen. I think that's why people like to see characters involved in sex mods they care about. Seeing two random NPCs getting it on is not as exciting, as if it were those you care about one way or another. 

Ultimately these are mods made predominantly by men and played predominantly by men (exceptions prove the rule  ;) ), catering to the same set of expectations. Which might coincidentally be the very definition of fanservice. :D There is nothing inherently wrong with that imo, but there is not much denying that.

It just makes sense.  Ask yourself this.  Why do males buy the playing cards with nude women on the back?  And wouldn't it be silly to then ask, Wouldn't a male deck be more representative of who they are as males?

It's not a mysterious phenomenon.

I don't see my female character as someone I have power over; it's more

like she represents a facet of my personality. I'm playing two female characters

concurrently; one is a homicidal troublemaker, the other is a submissive type

who would rather fuck than fight.  When I play Skyrim my female characters

are totally sexless; they're too dignified to sully themselves in such a way that

others would see, including me. I see myself as more of a guardian spirit towards

my characters as they begin to take on their own personalities. So when I start

a new character she is me, but as the game progresses she develops enough

of a personality to acquire her own identity, of sorts, and I let her personality

dictate the choices I make in the game.

I suspect psychoanalysing guys who play as girls in games could lead to a

whole new field of psychiatry.

Damn! It's good to be alive in the 21st century; so many fun things to explore :)

My understanding is that Sexout (or perhaps just most mods for it?) are based around having a female PC.  I'm curious as to why that is.  Was this just the way it was in Oblivion adult modding and then just carried forward to Fallout?

The answer to that is quite simple I guess...

1. females are way more interesting....that already starts with the point of style and clothing

...lingerie, dresses, gowns, shoes, makeup, hairstyles, jewelry, animations (BBB)...

Males are just to uninteresting to make mods for or you would not have enough benefits (how can an armor mod for a male really impress you? I mean how can it be the absolute MUST HAVE?? Mostly it can`t...but a sexy evening dress for a girl can ^^

...that`s why most mod creators focus on making stuff for the pixel ladies...-> and that basic thought counts for sex mods, too

2. As it was already said the majority of Fallout players is male...and the majority of the majority is straight from point of sexual orientation...so the majority wants to see girls in action...imagine the LL drug mods where your char gets fucked for drugs...I guess the majority of the majority does not want to see a male hero fucked by a male drug dealer ^^

3. This leads to a crucial point (for a lot of players)...realism and immersion!

A lot of mods would just be not very realistic or would make no sense when the roles would be switched...I mean

a) a girl enslaving your male character?? *possible but not very immersive

B) a male prostitute serving tons of females in a brothel like Gomorrah? *(female customers in brothels should be quite rare, shouldn`t they?)

c) female gangsters and female drug dealers strapon-fucking male junkies??? *whuut? o.0

d) female raper brahmins trying to.... *off topic

And all the above counts for other games too.

I guess it is that simple :)

If I'm gonna have to spend the entire game watching a character's ass rocking back and forth, I'd much prefer it be a female ass.

Yeah, and to me I guess thinking about it the female body has a much greater beauty & finesse when performing athletic action than any male does to me. They just seem to be more graceful and catlike when flipping, jumping, running etc compared to males.

Maybe males appeal more to people look at some one like Duke Nukem and think "I want a body like that" rather than those like me who just want a functional healthy body not for show.

I like females to look female and not muscular but still fit & toned the sort that has nice tits, can flip around like Lara Croft but still wear a evening gown without looking like a male bodybuilder in an evening gown.

Females just have a much higher peak of beauty than males ever will in my opinion.

If I'm gonna have to spend the entire game watching a character's ass rocking back and forth, I'd much prefer it be a female ass.

I've seen this reason elsewhere.  I forget that people actually choose to play the whole game in 3rd person.  ;)

Archived