Devious Skyrim - outdated - see new pinned thread

I eagerly await devious device leash to be introduced ;)

Haha. How'd you hear about that? From my current todo list for next release:

[+] Merge Srende's leash effect.

Where is your Todo List min? :D

There's usually a (Somewhat out of date) copy of it in Min-notes.txt. Here's my list at the moment:

Include in 2.7.6:
[+] Add version check to verify proper Assets version.
[+/] Add incremental difficulty option.
[ ] Moar Sounds: Trigger Creaking while wearing leather items, etc.
[ ] Fix bad keyword for harness in expansion (Message? Property?)
[/] Rebuild periodic events engine, to be modder extendible.
[+] Add Srende's modevent requests, to send modevents from periodic events. See previous.
[+] During rebuild, don't forget to make the possessed plugs ignore belt check.

Maybe in 2.7.6:
[ ] Test bound sex animations for Armbinder, then merge Srende's changes to the filter.
[ ] Cuffs periodic events.
[/] Create Ben-Wa / ribbed effect. Need more input on exactly what type of effect to create for this / how to convey it meaningfully in-game.

Beyond 2.7.6:
[?] Add basic gag text / reactions.
[ ] Expand inflatable plugs with a few more options / effects.
[ ] Werewolf transformation rendered device unequip fix. 
[ ] Readd Zadil's feeding dialogue to the armbinder.
[ ] Rework FT's starting trigger.

[ ] Merge DD Males Addon with Integration / Expansion Proper.
[-] Fix armbinder effects / gag effects / vibration effects, which are sometimes not applying to NPC's. Eh. I'll come back to this later.

I eagerly await devious device leash to be introduced ;)

Haha. How'd you hear about that? From my current todo list for next release:

About damn time devious devices gets an update! Sheesh thought I was gonna have to crack some heads to see it get done!

Future looks good :)

Any progress on Surreptitious Streets?

Nope: That system lies dormant for the time being. It's too large a project for me to finish on my own, with my current work-load.

Future looks good :)

Any progress on Surreptitious Streets?

Nope: That system lies dormant for the time being. It's too large a project for me to finish on my own, with my current work-load.

That's alright, it seems there's enough goodies coming our way even without it :) Take your time!

It's not a really big deal, since it is something that can easily be fixed in TES5Edit. But could you suggest a standard mod masters order for mod authors IE: SexLab/Zaz/Aroused etc. I've noticed several that use the same masters, order them in different orders. Like I said, it's something that is easily fixed, but could save you from having to repeat the same thing over and over again if a load order thing makes an occasional bug that could be fixed in 5 seconds in tes5edit.

It's not a really big deal, since it is something that can easily be fixed in TES5Edit. But could you suggest a standard mod masters order for mod authors IE: SexLab/Zaz/Aroused etc. I've noticed several that use the same masters, order them in different orders. Like I said, it's something that is easily fixed, but could save you from having to repeat the same thing over and over again if a load order thing makes an occasional bug that could be fixed in 5 seconds in tes5edit.

Your suggestion has been passed on. With any luck this will be less of an issue when using future versions of DD related mods.

For some reason part 4 skips to 2 mins 49 for me when i click it here, u can do it with the 1st part tho because the beginning is plain nothing really...

That's probably because I copied the url while the video was playing. Interesting, didn't know Youtube links behaved that way.

Anyways, fixed.

Hi all, installed with devious assets, integration, expansion, for the masses etc but when put any cuffs or armbinders to an slave npc and i see they are wearing those continue running away from me, is this normal? tyvm (using Paradise halls).

That's completely up to Paradise halls if it detects the DD items or not. Looks like it doesn't.

Tyvm, any recomendation? other slaver mod or anything, im frustrated seeing my slaves always running away...

Hi all, installed with devious assets, integration, expansion, for the masses etc but when put any cuffs or armbinders to an slave npc and i see they are wearing those continue running away from me, is this normal? tyvm (using Paradise halls).

That's completely up to Paradise halls if it detects the DD items or not. Looks like it doesn't.

This is a continuation from my post here. Maybe this is the more appropriate thread.

It always bugged me that, when you want to remove devices in your script, you need to know the keyword and the rendered device besides the inventory device. This makes it difficult to work with devices from other mods as it requires you to have a list of known devices and it does not work with unknown devices.

So I came up with a method that allows to remove arbitray devices the player is wearing without further information, I'd like to share (and get some feedback if there are any disadvantages/drawbacks/whatever):

zadLibs Property zadLib Auto
Keyword Property zad_InventoryDevice Auto

Function ManipulateDevice(actor akActor, armor device, bool equipOrUnequip, bool skipEvents = false)
ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(device, abInitiallyDisabled = true)
zadEquipScript tmpZRef = tmpORef as zadEquipScript
if tmpZRef != none
if equipOrUnequip
zadLib.EquipDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)
else
zadLib.RemoveDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)
EndIf
endif
tmpORef.delete()
EndFunction

Armor Function GetWornDevice(Actor akActor, Keyword kw)
Armor retval = none
Int iFormIndex = akActor.GetNumItems()
bool breakFlag = false
While iFormIndex > 0 && !breakFlag
iFormIndex -= 1
Form kForm = akActor.GetNthForm(iFormIndex)
If kForm.HasKeyword(zad_InventoryDevice) && akActor.IsEquipped(kForm)
ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(kForm, abInitiallyDisabled = true)
if tmpZRef != none && tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice == kw && akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered) > 0
retval = kForm as Armor
breakFlag = true
endif
tmpORef.delete()
EndIf
EndWhile
return retval
EndFunction

The question is, should this be integrated (and expanded to e.g. also check for the correct key) into Devious Device - Integration together with some keywords, so that other quests can mark quest related devices and devices that are deemed to be unremovable for some reason.

I think this could greatly enhance interoperability and compatibility for mods using devious devices.

What do you think?

This is a continuation from my post here. Maybe this is the more appropriate thread.

It always bugged me that, when you want to remove devices in your script, you need to know the keyword and the rendered device besides the inventory device. This makes it difficult to work with devices from other mods as it requires you to have a list of known devices and it does not work with unknown devices.

So I came up with a method that allows to remove arbitray devices the player is wearing without further information, I'd like to share (and get some feedback if there are any disadvantages/drawbacks/whatever):

zadLibs Property zadLib Auto

Keyword Property zad_InventoryDevice Auto

Function ManipulateDevice(actor akActor, armor device, bool equipOrUnequip, bool skipEvents = false)

ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(device, abInitiallyDisabled = true)

if tmpZRef != none

if equipOrUnequip

zadLib.EquipDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)

else

zadLib.RemoveDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)

EndIf

endif

tmpORef.delete()

EndFunction

Armor Function GetWornDevice(Actor akActor, Keyword kw)

Armor retval = none

Int iFormIndex = akActor.GetNumItems()

bool breakFlag = false

While iFormIndex > 0 && !breakFlag

iFormIndex -= 1

Form kForm = akActor.GetNthForm(iFormIndex)

If kForm.HasKeyword(zad_InventoryDevice) && akActor.IsEquipped(kForm)

ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(kForm, abInitiallyDisabled = true)

if tmpZRef != none && tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice == kw && akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered) > 0

retval = kForm as Armor

breakFlag = true

endif

tmpORef.delete()

EndIf

EndWhile

return retval

EndFunction

The question is, should this be integrated (and expanded to e.g. also check for the correct key) into Devious Device - Integration together with some keywords, so that other quests can mark quest related devices and devices that are deemed to be unremovable for some reason.

I think this could greatly enhance interoperability and compatibility for mods using devious devices.

What do you think?

Checking for the correct key isn't ManipulateDevice's role. That's up to the mod in question (Though, using this same techinque you could fetch the key). As this is a scripting matter it should be posted in the Integration thread.

That said, this is a great addition, and will be included as a new function in the next version of Integration. :)

I was consoling up some DD's and while most, if not all, the below neck equipment and collars worked fine with UNPB body, every single gag I tried was mis-aligned. Balls and ring would show up on chin and so on. I also have some Zaz stuff installed apparently, and all the gags in that were more or less properly aligned. Any way to fix this on my end?

EDIT: nevermind... Must have had some mod weirding out on me as I just uninstalled some stuff. Looks great.