Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

It is now official. The release date for the consoles, 360, ONE, maybe the PS3and PS4 and includes the PC downloads, including any discs which will be in limited supply only, has been set for --

October 7, 2014 this Fall. I saw it myself yesterday and the word 'Finally' went through my mind. Now, when Fallout 4 comes out sometimes next year, although it has been slated for mid summer 2015, that could change to Fall anytime 2015.

Well, modders, get ready, the engine on this is supposed to be really good for modding from what I understand.

post-98498-0-32597700-1398405781_thumb.jpg

Well let's see how the game pans out first.

Thriving mod communities spring up around good games first and formost. Having good modding tools is an asset to be sure, but point is, people will rather mod a good and popular game using lackluster tools (like Skyrim for instance), than they will a lackluster game that has great tools (Like Unreal Tournament 3, which had a great SDK, but the game was pretty damn meh so it never really went anywhere mod-wise).

That's not an attempt to pass judgement on DAI though, i've not followed it clousely so i'm not really sure what to expect. All i'm saying is: Beware the hype, the proof of the pudding is in the eating ;)

huh? No moders toolsett for FB3

Oddly, although Frostbite 3 was designed with other developers in mind, there are no plans to release the engine for fans to tinker with--unlike CryEngine and Unreal Engine. Bach explains that "just because other people can use the Frostbite engine, doesn't mean that it's a neat package that anyone can just download, and start an executable, and then you’re on your way."  "I'm not saying that people wouldn't pick that up," Bach added. "But it would be a very limited crowd that would be able to use this. Of course you could spend more time on doing that, instead of building a better game, and to us, that is way more important."

This time around you'll be able to play as Qunari in addition to Humans, Elves, or Dwarves.

Yeah ... well, never played anything else beside humans and an occasional elf anyway, never understood the fanrage because of less race-choices...

And the Qunari...I'd rather see a Dragon Age where the Kingdoms united under the Church of The Maker call for an Exalted March and throw these idiots back into the sea...yes, I am evil and never liked these horned wannabe-world-improvers... :@  (so cool to wipe them all out in DA2, one of my favorite parts, never a "fair" duel, just kill 'em all! :angel: )

Well without REAL modding tools, I see the modding aspect of the game flailing... There will be the standard texture swaps and such but looks how limited DA2 modding is...

Point being, without the modding tools I predict the game to lose interest in these boards anyways. Might be a fun game to play twice... but then it will disappear in the vault like most games that don't have modding tools.

We will see I guess.

I have it on good source information the modding tools for the DA:I will be much better and more intuitive.

Unless I hear it from Crushbug(Derek French), and I haven't yet.  Or someone directly on the development team.  I wouldn't trust a good source, unless it came from inside bioware edmonton itself.

• 2 months later...

This time around you'll be able to play as Qunari in addition to Humans, Elves, or Dwarves.

that there were already in Dragon Age Origin (Qunari Sten), he was a constant companion!

sten.jpg

you mean sure that you can also play as "Qunari".

yes this time it is possible, even as a female Qunari.

Guest carywinton

I have it on good source information the modding tools for the DA:I will be much better and more intuitive.

Unless I hear it from Crushbug(Derek French), and I haven't yet.  Or someone directly on the development team.  I wouldn't trust a good source, unless it came from inside bioware edmonton itself.

Sorry I cannot say who the source is, but the debate is still on, several devs inside wanted to release the tools, but some of the producers don't, so who knows now, it looks like a licensing snafu on one part is the holdup. The engine is not really the issue, the tools are.

Sorry I cannot say who the source is, but the debate is still on, several devs inside wanted to release the tools, but some of the producers don't, so who knows now, it looks like a licensing snafu on one part is the holdup. The engine is not really the issue, the tools are.

The same thing was said back for DA2, and then they went and changed their minds.

Maybe modders can fix the horrid tranny faces bioshit is pandering out.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

you know already how the characters will look in the game, my "respect". in all cases they will be better, as the faces in skyrim (vanilla). because one thing is missing in skyrim, the expression (mimic) that was in all Dragon Age play better than in The Elders Scrolls. when in October Dragon Age: Inquisition appears, I will The Elders Scrolls buried.

As exciting as this is, it's also a slight disappointment. I was hoping it would get delayed again and give the team more time to work on it.

Well, here's hoping Bioware doesn't fail us. Again.

On the positive side: Even if Bioware fails "us" (failure will be rather diverse, some people actually like ME3, believe it or not ... the hospitals are full of them!) ... so even if they fail, it will be not as bad. Simply because the general expectations are much lower now. But it will still sell regardless.

And probalby I'll be among them (sigh), that world is just to good not to return to ... but also Witcher 3, Numeria, Wasteland, Pillars ... so many (hopefully!) good RPGS, how to play them all????

As exciting as this is, it's also a slight disappointment. I was hoping it would get delayed again and give the team more time to work on it.

Well, here's hoping Bioware doesn't fail us. Again.

On the positive side: Even if Bioware fails "us" (failure will be rather diverse, some people actually like ME3, believe it or not ... the hospitals are full of them!) ... so even if they fail, it will be not as bad. Simply because the general expectations are much lower now. But it will still sell regardless.

And probalby I'll be among them (sigh), that world is just to good not to return to ... but also Witcher 3, Numeria, Wasteland, Pillars ... so many (hopefully!) good RPGS, how to play them all????

Invent some cloning vats, that way you can play all the games. Though it might not be as fun in the long run with all the clones ;)

I was more reffering to Dragon Age 2. Everybody hated Dragon Age 2.

Me, I'm more looking forward to Shadow of Mordor. And Witcher 3 I guess, but there's no way in shit my PC will be able to run that thing above 30FPS. Fucking people and their obsession with graphics...

I was more reffering to Dragon Age 2. Everybody hated Dragon Age 2.

Hmm ... never hated it. I think it is okay, not on par with Origins of course. But enjoyable and at least it tried to tell a story in a bit o fa different way.

So, everyone minus me, I guess :P

I really enjoyed the first dragon age game, especially the humorist comments and little arguments from companions whilst travelling, didnt really enjoy number 2 that much tho, didnt even finish the game in fact...but yeah might give the series another try

Archived