So That Net Neutrality Thing...

It's being threatened again! The FCC is proposing laws that allow large companies to pay ISPs for internet "fast lanes" to send video and other content to customers. If enacted we'd see a huge divide in internet services. Companies such as Verizon and Comcast could offer better services and connections to companies that can afford it (Google, Netflix, Amazon, etc). This could lead to higher costs for consumers (which Netflix is already planning to enact) for services and a divide in the internet, along with stifled competition, and worst of all, censorship. 

Read up on it, here's one article: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/technology/fcc-new-net-neutrality-rules.html?_r=0

Do some research, find out what you can do.

Look, I realize that this is or could be semi-political, I just felt like spreading the word and sparking discussion. If you could all be so kind as to avoid pointless political squabble over unrelated things, then that would be great. Thanks.

Guest airdance

The Internet carries both information,and disinformation.  It carries lies, truths and semi-lies.

It can be used to indoctrinate, pacify, or dumb down the most astute minds, or make the most mundane among us seem like a genius.

What it is, or has become is the most powerful tool/weapon in the world.  What it will, become is dependent on the people who wield its power.

Don't use there service and your fine.

I use 0% service of google-facebook or any of those evil empires i'll suggest you do the same or in near future your lifes will be owned by them.

Prolly near future i can also abandon MS for linux which getting finally love for gamers becouse of valve and steamOS.

Btw google and facebook and some others in lesser extend don't need net nutrality to control your lifes if you use there service.

Netherlands have a law that net nutrailty is secured by LAW.

That's some Russia-level shit, you American are fucked now. China doesn't have consoles, but they're going to have more economical freedom than you.

post-95254-0-21893700-1398660170.jpg

...For a couple of decades, yes, before popular discontent with leadership, sharp class conflicts and domestic terrorism could potentially destabilize China.

post-95254-0-21893700-1398660170_thumb.jpg

I hate to be so defeatist,  no doubt I'll sign up to all sorts of things, write lots of angry and expressive words, send emails to my MP etc. But these "too big to fail" shadowy Bilderberg bastards will ultimately get their way, and there's not a damned thing we can do about it short of dropping off the grid entirely like wild eyed hippy hermits, sitting down and saying:

"Nope! Take my snazzy flat screen, my tivo, my Dre headphones, my iPhone,  take my games console, my broadband, the house the bank ultimately owns, my kids college fund,  my nice little package holidays, the money I earned that sits in my bank but doesn't really exist, take all the things I cling to and use  to define how well I think I'm doing...take it all, because they're nothing but chains anyway, none of it's worth me losing every last vestige of the freedom I came out of my mother's womb with.  Take it all  you cold blooded, flesh eating lizard motherfuckers!"

....Phew! Better now :)

lol, we do win in the end; just have to wake the kids up a bit earlier this go-around. With a tighter grip, the more that slips through, the more decentralized power becomes. Truth is the catalyst of freedom, it is not far down the path from where we are. And, it seems the new 'hippy hermit'  -is- the grid, so no 'dropping off' for you, or me.  

Well, the internet was designed to be nuclear war proof, not capitalism proof :P

Unless Skynet gets control of it. :D

Or Putin Bots :)

Archived