SKSE update = CTD on startup.

I dont know if this has been adressed elsewhere. If so, I apologize for cluttering the forum.

Today I decided to upgrade the Sexlab Framework, which requires SKSE version 1.0700. I started with installing the new version of SKSE, and immediately upon loading the game, I get a CTD.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

I find it strange if this is caused by mod incompatibility.

Have you tried running TES5Edit? You may have moved something in your load order or simply not returned SexLab.esm to its correct load order location

Also double check it was the alpha 1.7.0 version not the 1.6.16 version and that all the old skse files are gone.

I have been using SKSE 1.7alpha for quite a while now together with Sexlab Framework 1.39 and other LL mods. in order to benefit from SKSE you might adjust or create the SKSE.ini to make your game work. The features of SSME are implemented in SKSE for example. Here is my SKSE INI. Maybe it helps you:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=0

[interface]
EnableContainerCategorization=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Please note that for MEMORY->DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB you have to specify 256 MB more than what you actually want. It is coded that way...

And make sure you overwrite the old scripts of SKSE 1.6.xx when upgrading. Best you use Mod Organizer ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/? ) . Best Skyrim Mod Management tool ever! I believe that over at STEP ( http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page ) they have pretty good guides on how to install and setup a lot of tools and mods. Even if you do not want to install their mod collection, the guides are worth looking at their great work!

BTW SKSE does not affect load order as it has no ESM/ESP Files. Maybe your CTD is related to the Memory settings within your SKSE INI file... or you might have changed more than that.

And please note that al lot of LL Mods are not yet compatible with the latest Sexlab Framework (1.52 I believe)...

Does the CTD happen when starting Skyrim and before reaching the main menu or does it crash during / after savegame load?

To further narrow your problem you might want to first upgrade only SKSE and test it with the former version of SL Framework. If this works fine then upgrade your SL Framework to the latest version. this might help to determine the incompatibility.

Thanks, I'll try this. I've only changed the SKSE version so far, so it shouldnt be a mod conflict.

The CTD happens immediately upon launching skyrim. 

Check your Data/SKSE/Plugins folder for a file called StorageUtil.save. If you find it, remove it.

Thanks, I'll try this. I've only changed the SKSE version so far, so it shouldnt be a mod conflict.

The CTD happens immediately upon launching skyrim. 

Check your Data/SKSE/Plugins folder for a file called StorageUtil.save. If you find it, remove it.

Thanks, but it didnt work :/

Try temporarily renaming your SKSE/Plugins/ folder. I had a similar problem when upgrading to SKSE 1.70, if it runs without any of the plugins, one of them is incompatible with the new SKSE. Then just rename the folder back and rename/remove the plugin dll files one by one. In my case I think it was some really old version of the HDT heels plugin still in the folder even though I had updated to the latest HDT plugin at some point.

Try temporarily renaming your SKSE/Plugins/ folder. I had a similar problem when upgrading to SKSE 1.70, if it runs without any of the plugins, one of them is incompatible with the new SKSE. Then just rename the folder back and rename/remove the plugin dll files one by one. In my case I think it was some really old version of the HDT heels plugin still in the folder even though I had updated to the latest HDT plugin at some point.

Tried renaming plugins and launched. Still getting the CTD. :/ Uninstalled all my Sexlab Plugins (atleast the ones that showed as installed) and still had the issue. My whole CTD issue seemed to pop up after uninstalling SexLab Framework(recent), a lot of old Sexlab plugins, Zaz's Animation, and basically anything related to Sexlab. 

Ah. Well, I no longer have any CTD's when loading the game now. The problems I have now seems to be with FNIS not recognizing Sexlab or ZaZ animations. I usually don't get an errormessage from windows when I CTD. I'll post the papyrus and stuff tomorrow, going to bed now.

Archived