Good ENB!

TheTeaWizard

Hey guys, I need to find an enb. Atm I'm using opethfeldt enb with CoT because I thought it needed more sunshine, but sometimes the weather's are screwed up so I kinda wanna find a different one, I can't use project ENB, or any other enb made by that guy as for some reason whenever his enb's are installed, I get huge framerate drops in certain areas, and it's not performance because I can run stuff like sharpshooters easily, sharpshooters is probably out of the window too as it hurts my eyes :/ lol.

Really I'm looking for somthing that makes my character look good, I found alot of cinematic enbs and they look good, but they usually make my character look bad, and I'm a screenshot person, I will constantly be taking screenshots when I see a good scene or my character looks good.

I have spent alot of time looking for enbs and have yet to find one I really really like and can use, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Phinix is alright, but it's too vanilla for me. Will try HRK again but last time I tried it, I got a really weird problem where the game would stutter every 2 seconds, even on the main menu :/ unbleak is maybe too stylized for me really, maybe I'll try it again, thanks for the suggestions.

I attached a sample of an unmodified Phinix pic.

It may seem unremarkable, but it has nice tonal range, and good AA.

Color saturation is low, but you can push that up.

If you want a conservative preset that you can expand on this is a good base.

After all, you can push any preset to extremes.

I'm just in the mood for a more vanilla look myself.

post-118996-0-03676100-1398246329_thumb.jpg

I attached a sample of an unmodified Phinix pic.

It may seem unremarkable, but it has nice tonal range, and good AA.

Color saturation is low, but you can push that up.

If you want a conservative preset that you can expand on this is a good base.

After all, you can push any preset to extremes.

I'm just in the mood for a more vanilla look myself.

Problem is, I don't really know how to alter the enbs very well without messing it up and it's not saturation I want really, it's more smoothness, if you have a look at all the pictures I posted, the one difference with opethfeldt enb is that all the edges on everything look really smooth, and it makes my character look much better, so that's what I'm looking for really.

My advice (I am a novice myself),  First make backups of your ENB files, and subsequent mods that you like.

Make very subtle changes at first, take note of Day vs. Night settings.

If you are having performance problems, research enblocal.ini settings, so that you can shut off demanding settings.

My advice (I am a novice myself),  First make backups of your ENB files, and subsequent mods that you like.

Make very subtle changes at first, take note of Day vs. Night settings.

If you are having performance problems, research enblocal.ini settings, so that you can shut off demanding settings.

Ok so I found a version I like! 

Fantasy preset of SkyRealism, with CoT : 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/848hjbyii4bvnr1/enb2014_4_23_11_33_28.bmp

Looks really good!

Also tried the cinematic preset too : 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fad3tqrj12p4pa/enb2014_4_23_11_31_2.bmp

Liking the Fantasy more I think, what's your opinion?

that  is the 'resolution' setting for the enb ambient occlusion and reflection settings and  will have a great impact on the frame rate.

read here: http://enbdev.com/doc_skyrim_ssao_ssil_en.htm

0.35 is 50% which is the default, when I download an enb I always set it down to its default of 0.35 because enb developers who have much faster computers than mine like it to be higher... but I don't :)

personally i find it difficult to notice a visual difference between 0.35 and say, 0.7 or higher, but the difference in performance is very noticeable.

when your enb is slow outdoors it is a combination of two things, your video ram settings, and your shadows & ambient occlusion which rely on cpu + gpu... ENB writers may tell you 'use your video ram + system ram - 2048' but I find best performance is to allow the enb to detect video memory and set it only to match your video cards actual memory.

I use seasons of skyrim, project enb, kinematic/kountervibe enb, at the moment i'm using somber enb but for all of them I still set the size/texture scale lower for more fps.

also, reconsider using enb weathers, enbhelper.dll and any esp's that change weathers... i've found performance increases without the extra weathers and i'm still puzzled to notice exactly what they do.

i use CoT and ELFX with the extra fog/snow/storm esps.

that  is the 'resolution' setting for the enb ambient occlusion and reflection settings and  will have a great impact on the frame rate.

read here: http://enbdev.com/doc_skyrim_ssao_ssil_en.htm

0.35 is 50% which is the default, when I download an enb I always set it down to its default of 0.35 because enb developers who have much faster computers than mine like it to be higher... but I don't :)

personally i find it difficult to notice a visual difference between 0.35 and say, 0.7 or higher, but the difference in performance is very noticeable.

when your enb is slow outdoors it is a combination of two things, your video ram settings, and your shadows & ambient occlusion which rely on cpu + gpu... ENB writers may tell you 'use your video ram + system ram - 2048' but I find best performance is to allow the enb to detect video memory and set it only to match your video cards actual memory.

I use seasons of skyrim, project enb, kinematic/kountervibe enb, at the moment i'm using somber enb but for all of them I still set the size/texture scale lower for more fps.

also, reconsider using enb weathers, enbhelper.dll and any esp's that change weathers... i've found performance increases without the extra weathers and i'm still puzzled to notice exactly what they do.

i use CoT and ELFX with the extra fog/snow/storm esps.

cheers for the help then!

Ok so I managed to get HRK ENB working, it looks good, but look here at the difference in my character : 

With Opethfeltd and CoT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1altmll8cvhbpgn/enb%202014_04_21%2022_36_47_66.bmp

With HRK and CoT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oksmehwqea4xav7/enb%202014_04_23%2010_28_32_48.bmp

She looks waaaaaaaay better with opethfeldt enb.

Hmmm... something doesn't look right in your HRK install. Shouldn't look like that, should be a bit softer like Opeth, just not as blurry as Opeth.

But then again, I use completely different textures than you do. Do you also use Relighting Skyrim (as it suggests)?

As well, a popular one that has been going around lately, have you tried Saraan Sum ENB yet? Or DH ENB?

Archived