Proposal

I have recently returned to play Skyrim after a few weeks away. I tried to work on my mod, Crippling Poisons (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/874-crippling-poisons/), but I found that the leveled lists to which I added the poisons I created were missing.

I have been having difficulty learning several things that go along with modding, including adding created items to enemies' inventories.

Among other difficulties I have experienced are:

-I can't figure out how to make the poisons show up in the game other than by using the console.

-I can't figure out how to increase the probability for them to be found in enemies inventories.

-I created alchemy recipes for each of the six poisons, but I can't find them in the game (that is I can't find them in the alchemy skill; I didn't create recipes on paper that can be found/looted).

-I wouldn't know where to begin with scripting to make enemies use the poisons on their weapons.

All of these issues are paramount to the building of a much bigger mod, once I have learned enough, and the most pivotal among these is making the enemies actually use the poisons against the player.

So here is my proposal: I would like someone with good modding experience to PM me, and I'll send the archive of Crippling Poisons back for review. I would like to have an explanation of what I may have done wrong, or just missed, in as much detail as time permits. Any advice that drives toward learning about modding is good advice, and a sample of script with an explanation of what each line does is just as good (yes I did the tutorial from Bethesda successfully, but it answered precisely zero questions).

I understand that this is a huge request, but I intend to build a huge mod, one small mod at a time, and I am at a beginner's level. Anyone who helps gets credit.

Archived