[Q] How can i make my custom or mashup sword visible in Skyrim

Zaselim

Hey guys,

So I made a Mash up sword out of of dread knight axe and Vicious sword for my main character in skyrim (In 3ds max) and exported the nif.

what i did was opened the dread knight sword in nifskope and my exported nif file in nifskope separately, then i copied the branch entries of all 7 parts of mu custom to the dread knight sword nif file and then deleted the original sword entry from that nif and then saved the new file after added BS Light Shader Property. 

But it doesn't show in the game when i equip it neither in CK, When i equip the sword it looks like that my player is equipping the invisible sword.

How can i fix my problem, here are the pics and I am sorry but i can't provide the nif file or the project file.

ibiCuJF1vQAOzj.jpgibjlDy3PTRtXPH.jpgibu6BuD97ivqs5.jpg

Guest Ragna_Rok

dude, if you mix up two parts with two different texture files by doing that in nifskope thats some fucking work :-/

no matter if you use blender or max. youd usually do this another way. first, import the meshes to max (like you did), but also combine the textures to a single tex-file. convert the dds to jpegs, open the jpgs, if they have lets say 256 * 256 pixels each youd need a new file 512 * 512, simply copy the single textures into that file (half of the file will be blank, but this has to be because the file-size for dds-conversion needs to be a number "power of 2", else it wont work). save it as jpg, and convert it back to dds, voila, your custom-texture-file.

youd have to combine the two textures into a single texture file like i rexplained, and then redo the uvmapping (just some scaling and moving in your case) in max or blender for your two mesh-parts (best do that before you join the meshes to a single mesh, if you edit the uv-map make sure you target your new custom-tex-file). lastly, join your two parts to a single-mesh.

nearly there... now export your joined mesh into... uhm... lets say, 3ds-file. open one of your source-swords orignal nif, mark the original blade, and import your custom-joined-mesh (from the 3ds file for example). make sure you overwrote the original-mesh, if there are mesh-parts left from the original one, simply erase that crap. nearly done, just adjust the bs-links to your new custom texture (the joined dds-file).

import that stuff with the ck, done.

and exactly this is why few people customize weapons... its not as easy as it sounds, like "oh, i just put a fucking skull on a blade" :blush: ... no worries, youll get the hang of it, buddy ;)

*back to retirement*

edit: okay, i know, there are many ways to solve your problem. but, my solution has the advantage that it works no matter if you have the source-mods installed or not. its just my way of working, i prefer it because like that any changes made to the parts i use mean jack shit towards my stuffs compatibilty. its idiot-proof.

lastly, if you use other modders work for your own custom mod, make sure you have permission in case you wanna publish it anywhere. if you only want it for your own game usually no one gives a fuck.

Guest Ragna_Rok

hm. they pretty much fucked up the "like" function here... easily to oversee the new button :-/

*needs more boosts for his ego*

good luck, zaselim :)

Archived