Armory of Faerun - Heavy Plate Collection

Neptune

I just want to know if this is still going. I miss getting info on this.

I'm with you, here. This stuff looks amazing.

Though, taken from experience, making a mod of this size for Skyrim is a bit like writing a book; you need to set a schedule for working on it, otherwise you lose the drive and patience to finish it. Not to discredit Neptune, but seeing as this one's been in development for over a year, I'd say he's been somewhat distracted.

I hope he doesn't decide to sell it via Steam... *Shudders*

I'm with you, here. This stuff looks amazing.

Though, taken from experience, making a mod of this size for Skyrim is a bit like writing a book; you need to set a schedule for working on it, otherwise you lose the drive and patience to finish it. Not to discredit Neptune, but seeing as this one's been in development for over a year, I'd say he's been somewhat distracted.

Well he'd have to rename the mods/armors that are inspired/named after armors from DnD/Baldur's Gate as Wizards of the Coast keep a very tight and protective rein on their IP.

• 4 weeks later...

Not to discredit Neptune, but seeing as this one's been in development for over a year, I'd say he's been somewhat distracted.

No your right, I've been massively distracted.. by the glorious Unreal Engine 4! I'm totally in love with that engine and its community. Spring has come <3

That said, I do seriously wanna see this mod finished. Hate leaving things unfinished, especially stuff that would look great in ones portfolio.

I also have no intention to 'monetize' this project.

No your right, I've been massively distracted.. by the glorious Unreal Engine 4! I'm totally in love with that engine and its community. Spring has come <3

That said, I do seriously wanna see this mod finished. Hate leaving things unfinished, especially stuff that would look great in ones portfolio.

I also have no intention to 'monetize' this project.

Wonderful! I have almost lost hope for this great looking mod to be finished and hearing this is nice.

I''d love to see this as a finished project also.  Doubly so if there ends up being a few female versions of the armors; non skimpy as you said earlier.  Not really there female non-armor mods are a dime a dozen anymore.  REAL female plate armor would be awesome.

Hard to find stuff like that; ESPECIALLY on the mods Nexus. All the best stuff is the least available! Plus, we lost a lot of good modders when the paywall collapsed. We've gotta' rely on new modders and the guys who make stuff like this.

I''d love to see this as a finished project also.  Doubly so if there ends up being a few female versions of the armors; non skimpy as you said earlier.  Not really there female non-armor mods are a dime a dozen anymore.  REAL female plate armor would be awesome.

Hard to find stuff like that; ESPECIALLY on the mods Nexus. All the best stuff is the least available! Plus, we lost a lot of good modders when the paywall collapsed. We've gotta' rely on new modders and the guys who make stuff like this.

VERY true.  Don't get me wrong either, some of the skimpier armors are nicely done.   I'd just like to see a balance, and I'm enough of a realist that I can't see any character wearing many of the armors, especially in a colder climate like Skyrim.  Seeing some real plate armor would be nice.  :)

As for the pay wall...  EDIT:  Not going to derail the thread about such great armors. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still plan to complete this in the not too distant future. Currently working on a commercial project in Unreal Engine 4 (not playing Fallout 4), thats my priority at this point as it would put food on the table. Once thats been green lighted Ill have some spare cash to hire professional freelancers to get these beauties textured and rigged. Of course they will be free to download once completed.

Still plan to complete this in the not too distant future. Currently working on a commercial project in Unreal Engine 4 (not playing Fallout 4), thats my priority at this point as it would put food on the table. Once thats been green lighted Ill have some spare cash to hire professional freelancers to get these beauties textured and rigged. Of course they will be free to download once completed.

take your time!

• 4 months later...

Although I'm incredibly pumped for this, I agree with duoleb. Take your time, although I do hope for updates even if they're just in the forms of comments to know this still has some attention.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived