Armory of Faerun - Heavy Plate Collection

Neptune

• 2 weeks later...

Currently playing around with both smooth and rough metal textures, grains and grime, finding the diffuse process fairly straight forward. Same with shiny/matte, thats all done in the specular map, again fairly straight forward. Most of my efforts are currently being spent on sculpting high poly detail to bake onto the low poly in order to generate the ambient occlusion and normal maps - this is what makes an 'ok' texture look sexy as fuck, what separates the men from the boys regarding a-grade texture work. Gotten pretty good results so far, though have had to alter alotta the uvmaps as u cant get away with overlapping uvs when baking ao.. Will hopefully have some stuff to show off once the dust of new years settles. For now though, its vodka and substance abuse time..

Have a great new years everyone x

Currently playing around with both smooth and rough metal textures, grains and grime, finding the diffuse process fairly straight forward. Same with shiny/matte, thats all done in the specular map, again fairly straight forward. Most of my efforts are currently being spent on sculpting high poly detail to bake onto the low poly in order to generate the ambient occlusion and normal maps - this is what makes an 'ok' texture look sexy as fuck, what separates the men from the boys regarding a-grade texture work. Gotten pretty good results so far, though have had to alter alotta the uvmaps as u cant get away with overlapping uvs when baking ao.. Will hopefully have some stuff to show off once the dust of new years settles. For now though, its vodka and substance abuse time..

Just wondering, do you plan to show off your first completed armour with textures right away, or are you gonna get a little collection before showcasing it?

i stopped playing skyrim for now because of these armors =D

That makes two of us, but I will hold out, doing so clearly adding like an extra 20 years to an already fine vintage :)

Just wondering, do you plan to show off your first completed armour with textures right away, or are you gonna get a little collection before showcasing it?

Probably showcase as sets of 3, leading from low tier to high tier. First 3 armors will be Plate Mail Armor, Adventurers Plate Mail and Heavy Plate Mail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How is development? It has long been no news. I start to worry .

modeling, rigging, testing, making textures, correcting textures, more testing, and adding them into the game

making a single armour from scratch is not a quick thing

and he's making MORE THAN FEW armours for us

give it time

modeling, rigging, testing, making textures, correcting textures, more testing, and adding them into the game

give it time

You nailed it. Running into issues when I go to sculpt the high poly detail due to 'non-manifold mesh' and 't-shapes' forcing me to root out and fix each of the individual armor pieces per set..  Additionally didnt realize how much trouble using overlapping uvs would be when I uvmapped the older stuff a few years ago.. so Ive had to sort all that out as well. Bit annoying but hey it is what it is.

give it time

You nailed it. Running into issues when I go to sculpt the high poly detail due to 'non-manifold mesh' and 't-shapes' forcing me to root out and fix each of the individual armor pieces per set..  Additionally didnt realize how much trouble using overlapping uvs would be when I uvmapped the older stuff a few years ago.. so Ive had to sort all that out as well. Bit annoying but hey it is what it is.

I've got my fingers crossed hoping to see it released.

Running into issues when I go to sculpt the high poly detail due to 'non-manifold mesh' and 't-shapes' forcing me to root out and fix each of the individual armor pieces per set..  Additionally didnt realize how much trouble using overlapping uvs would be when I uvmapped the older stuff a few years ago.. so Ive had to sort all that out as well. Bit annoying but hey it is what it is.

Oh, does that mean that the armours are divided into the standard:

Head

chest

hand

feet

groups?

• 3 weeks later...

Little late to the party here.  Concerning female versions of the armor:

post-66546-0-13157500-1425937759_thumb.jpg

Realistic to me in the since she is using armor that could be worn by either sex.  Armorers would not be making munitions style armor for both men and women.  Pretty much that would be regulated to wealthy customers who would want and pay for custom fit armor with boobs.

post-66546-0-21956000-1425937768_thumb.jpg

Realistic again but room for the boobs.

post-66546-0-19562400-1425937799_thumb.jpg

This one has boobs but if you look at the material it looks like cuirboilli leather.  Thick and durable but not necessarily fashioned by a skilled armorer.  If you look at the guy to her right he is wearing the male version.  So someone is making it and they did a custom set for her, probably because 1. It's a TV show and 2. it would not be that hard to do considering it is thick boiled leather shaped over a form and then treated with wax or hot oil to stiffen it.

Just my two Septims on that topic.

Concerning the mod..are we there yet?  Can we play test this?  When is it going to ready?  ETC. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived