Sexlab in Scenes - best way

I want to integrate SexLab animation in some of my scenes.

I want to start a sl session in a phase and leave the phase if the animation has finished.

Currently I am doing it in the scene script by registering a hook that sets a global variable and let the phase end by a condition that checks this variable. This works but is not very robust. Especially if the user fast-forewards the animation it seems that sometimes the hook wont be called.

Does anybody has a better idea how to track the animation in scenes?

I want to integrate SexLab animation in some of my scenes.

I want to start a sl session in a phase and leave the phase if the animation has finished.

Currently I am doing it in the scene script by registering a hook that sets a global variable and let the phase end by a condition that checks this variable. This works but is not very robust. Especially if the user fast-forewards the animation it seems that sometimes the hook wont be called.

Does anybody has a better idea how to track the animation in scenes?

Prison Overhaul uses the method you propose, and I've not yet seen any stability issues. I do fast forward when testing the mod so that works often enough for me to not have noticed any issues.

If the problem is infrequent, you could add a script based 30s timer as a safety net if the hook fails to call.

That said, if there is no (frequently working) way to determine when a SexLab scene ends, you're pretty much out of luck. What ever you choose to do, you need to know when to start doing it ....

You could also try to listen for SexLab animation events (Form::RegisterForAnimationEvent). Iirc, SexLab will send a reset event to the actor when animations are finished. If you listen to that event, you may be able to catch when sex has finished. Ask Ashal about those details though. Probably safer, especially now that 1.50 is out.

... and report the bug with the hooks. :)

I thought ashal reads posts in this forum...

Well - fast fore-warding floods the Papyrus log with error messages - "assigning stuff to none object" etc.

The results are unforeseeable.

I haven't seen that in my setup (running 1.39), so I can't say if that's common. Maybe I just missed those, but I do check the logs frequently (when modding, I check them more or less all the time).

If you get those errors also in a fresh save and so on, you should report the problems to Ashal. Those "none assignments" should not pop up in a log.....

Archived