I think this mod is awesomeness.  I like the depth of the addiction, the begging for jet during withdrawl.  I also cracked up when the PC woke up from a nap (sleep deprevation, another nice touch) and had a brahmin in the room with her!

It's also made me question whether or not several things were real or not.  For instance I saw an NCR trooper chasing a brahmin through the strip, too fast for me to catch.  I don't know if thats from Shake or not, could be vanilla FNV and I don't remember it, but at the time I wished the PC could ask NPCs "does anyone else see that or am I just way too high?"

I saw you mention backward time travel recently and thought "wow, mod's do that?".  But I noticed today that when I load a save I get a message that Shake is trying to compensate for backwards time travel. So obviously I have a "dirty" mod somewhere.  

The only thing I can think of that might be doing it is Another Kick In the Head, with the dreams.  So I was wondering if you might elaborate just a tad on what the time travel is and how it might happen?  Or maybe an example or two of mods that you know cause it?

And if I might be so bold I had two ideas for you:

1) visuals.  Nothing too fancy, alot of drug/chem mods go too far with visuals and it gets to where I can't see anything!  Just a little blur, color, motion distortion or something, to add a little vicarious oomph.

2) companions.  I don't even know if it's possible, but could a companion get hooked on it too?  Could be fun  :cool:

Glad you like it :).

I'll see about adding some visuals for jet highs (there are some for withdrawal already), maybe a possible brief 'cat eye' like effect would good, since it would let you see in the dark better and fits in with the perception boost. I definitely plan to add something for companions.

I'm not sure what mod might cause the backwards gametime travel (could you post your load order?), AKH doesn't (although it forewards by up to 1 day on KOs). I don't know why a mod would decrement the GameDaysPassed variable other than 'just because I can', it would be strange thing to do. Perhaps it is actually some quirk of the game engine.

• 2 months later...

I would like to expand the mod to cover some other drugs in a similar way, starting with psycho. I would have it so you can relieve your cravings for one drug by taking another, if your addiction level isn't too high. Unfortunately I have a lot of projects I'm working on at the moment though.. ideally I need to find a way to clone myself. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks really cool. Definitely going in my game.

Pretty much all of the chems and drug addiction stuff could use an overhaul, even if it isn't to this level. Alcohol especially. It always killed me that I could take one swig of whiskey and end up with an addiction. :rolleyes: I'd say it'd be better having all alcohol work together to produce a unified "buzzed->drunk->sloshed->whatever" effect based on how many drinks you've had, rather than being individual, highly-addictive drugs.

Ooh, alcohol/drug interactions could be a thing. I imagine trying to use Jet while wasted could be rather dangerous in a bunch of ways.

Halstrom does some cool stuff with alcohol in sexout drugging, but he doesn't cover the other vanilla drugs so there is no conflict with this.

I would like to add psycho, med-x and buffout to this, and have some interactions. Drugs were done awfully in the vanilla game. It would be cool if I could make psycho benders give you bursts of rage, but I'm not sure how I could do that well.

Halstrom does some cool stuff with alcohol in sexout drugging, but he doesn't cover the other vanilla drugs so there is no conflict with this.

I would like to add psycho, med-x and buffout to this, and have some interactions. Drugs were done awfully in the vanilla game. It would be cool if I could make psycho benders give you bursts of rage, but I'm not sure how I could do that well.

Yeah, I think If I remember rightly it makes you sleepy and eventually pass out, it's pain to do because there's no alternative than to overwrite vanilla assets, I just never got the time to do the other drugs, the main thing was I actually used GameDaysPassed to work out drug durations, because the vanilla stuff screws up, the effects are based on real time. I have no problems if someone want's to take it over and expand on it, I'm unlikely to get the time to do much more with it.

I didn't realize Sexout Drugging dealt with that. I have it installed, but I'm using a modded version of Arwen's (I like the MedTech stuff, but a lot of the other changes make the game borderline unplayable, depending on the other mods installed...) and it looks like it's knocked out the scripts that Drugging added. I'll have to make a patch for that and give it a try.

Between these two mods, drugs in the game should be a lot more interesting.

Here is an idea.

Make an area of hostility. Kind of like when you provoke others. Not sure if it is in FNV. Kind of like Dukovs in FO3 pulling out a gun.

The rage can be felt by those around you in close location. They react negatively. ( negative karma say -2 or even -4 for extreme situations) And run a risk of attack in areas where you are neutral. No serious effects other than the karma for locations where you are idolized.

Add a few bad comments to main characters about "you look real bad" .. "don't even think of fucking with me" the like and so forth.

Oh perhaps those set to secure areas like security robots and NCR security officers would have a higher chance of attack quicker. Or if possible even walk up and ask you to leave ( some locations) or put you into a jail cell.. :D

As always this alien has more ideas than skills.. :D Hopefully that might raise some ideas of your own. Different effects for different drugs.

Awesome. Have you considered changing the difficulty of curing addiction. Rather than a single 100 cap visit to a Doc, how about making a rehab program.

Example, 7 days in a row you must visit the doctor with each visit being 500++ caps and increasing. I mean the cost of treatment needs to be unattractive to the player to "force" continued use of the drug. 

That would vastly increase the cure difficulty and really make you think twice about addiction. Should you choose to satisfy cravings, it adds to the "downward spiral" role of drugs in game :P Most likely leading to a situation where you would do "anything for a hit".

• 2 weeks later...

New beta

- Fixed the 'take some of my junk' payment option. (GetValue doesn't work on ingestibles)

- Now requires NVSE 4.5.7.

- The sex scenes have more of a theme to them now, but there are no new ones. (SexoutEZ UDF incorporated)

- Sexout is no longer a master- if not loaded or version is < '84, you get a fade to black instead of animation.

- Information now available to external mods via NX (if loaded, its not actually required either ;)). Only player is tracked currently. This will let me reference it in soliciting.

PlayerREF.NX_GetEVFl "Shake:JetLevel"      ; * -1050 -> +1050
        PlayerREF.NX_GetEVFl "Shake:Addiction"     ; * 0-10
        PlayerREF.NX_GetEVFl "Shake:Withdrawal"    ; * 0-4

(attachment moved to OP)

• 4 weeks later...

This mod is very cool the only thing that occasionally bugs is if I od on jet then sometimes I instead of falling I shoot up in the sky so far I appear as a small dot, then a couple of seconds later come crashing down . I dont get hurt though sometimes I just bounce of walls .Another thing that would be cool , I have no idea if it easy , hard or impossible but compatibiility with sexoutDrugDealers of what ever its called.

• 1 month later...

New version 1.1 in OP

• December 11
  • - Rebalancing of withdrawal and cold turkey effects (made things happen a bit faster)
  • - Fixed jet high extras
  • - Some items now get renamed during addiction madness
  • - Honest Heart tribals have their own dialog (DLC not required)
  • - Rocket is now covered
  • - New recipes appear during withdrawal madness
  • - Added messages to give some info on your progress

• 3 months later...

I really love this mod:) Recently I basically kept my character high indefinately , altough this get expensive its less expensive that letting your high end ,and having to use a huge amount of jet to counter  the comedown effect and get high again.

I recently tried going cold turkey and it it works but it takes along time to get your addiction level low, which is fair enough..One thing I did notice but  may have been unintended is that one you get your addiction level down to 1 , you cant go lower BUT you addiction symptoms never disappear .Well I had addiction level of 1 for about a week and I still had a small penalty I think minus 1 chr .F*** ** so I will just stay hight instead :)

ps

another thing I noticed is that having got my addiction to level 1 . When you decide to use jet regularly again and think to yourself just a small taste of jet or whatnot , this can push you to OD levels .Minor thing really .Also it may be realistic you are used to hight levels of jet and so  you od more often -solution use jet more regularly :)

Also I think the hallucinations though very good are too regular. I would personally like a wide variety of symptom like   hallucinations, and jet withdrawas screen fllashing, mixed up with fade to black (you briefly pass out), you fall on your ass (perhaps you fatigue drops to - 100 or something, bluring of vision etc.Dunno what do other people think?

ps

another thing I noticed is that having got my addiction to level 1 . When you decide to use jet regularly again and think to yourself just a small taste of jet or whatnot , this can push you to OD levels .Minor thing really .Also it may be realistic you are used to hight levels of jet and so  you od more often -solution use jet more regularly :)

This is actually somewhat realistic. If and when a recovering addict gets high again their previous tolerance to their drug of choice not only drops to pre-addict levels, it can actually go lower than that. Which means when they get high again, a dose that use to barely give them a buzz can now blow their brain out their ears.