[Adoptable] Slave Town - A Player Slavery Mod

Stuck in Internal Affairs, my char. found 1 journal, read it & understand enough that it's the orc guy but nothing happened. No dialogue updates, the Klumek or whatever didn't say anything. So no idea what to do next.

You were told by Klum-Eck that you have to find the killer and kill them. If you know that the Orc did it, why not kill him?

Nevrmind, figured that out.

Just finished everything, infact. I guess it's OK, though the bed bug still anooys me, I still didn't see the "Slave Town" quest completed either. I still wish there are more options, really. Like, don't kill anybody, but sealed them off in a mine ready for a mutiny! (Yes, I should stop playing this joke, it's already dead) It's just because I'm not happy with how dialogues are too "consensus" so it's not very slave-ey if my char. is consent into doing everything they asked of her. SD is awesome because there are repercussions. Not only a direct punishment like whipping, but also an indirect punishment of keep pleasing your master for safety & protection or will run away which might get you killed in 5 seconds. Besides all important chars. are essential, there's nothing else about it. So you say you'll add more aesthetics, good. Maybe some patrolling guards will help. But then again, it's still a WIP.

I was also a bit worried when that Klumek guy said he has to put something on my char. before she can go into the dock, but nothing happened. I reload the saves & the stuff is finally equipped on her. Other than that, a Devious Device waist belt thing is clipping on my CBBE body Breton like a bitch! But that's the fault on me end so it doesn't matter.

The other thing I noticed in the docks is that there are 2 doors for the bar. 1 thing I want from the bar is that a trigger to make the troll rape my char? Just to waste time.

The death area logic is still off for me. How about making death arena a punishment?  Unless you're going to add in punishments of some description later on.

So the other thing is how journal works, it's not updated frequently enough. If there are many solutions to complete a quest, then it's no big deal. But as it stands, there's not. So I feel it may be a wasted potential or simply just an oversight.

I think I've concluded everything.

And I see what you did there in the dock's bar.

Had a successful test run this time. Went through all the working quests without incident, just the known bugs.  Looks good so far.

Just have one suggestion: consider adding something more to the lighting in some areas, especially the docks area.  With a realistic lighting mod, it's extremely dark in some places; a slave could get away with all kinds of things in that much darkness. Otherwise, I'm anxious to see how this develops!

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Had a successful test run this time. Went through all the working quests without incident, just the known bugs.  Looks good so far.

Just have one suggestion: consider adding something more to the lighting in some areas, especially the docks area.  With a realistic lighting mod, it's extremely dark in some places; a slave could get away with all kinds of things in that much darkness. Otherwise, I'm anxious to see how this develops!

Yeah, the docks are really early in development but it's going to be the main area in later quests. A trading hub for slaves

What most people complain about in slavery mods, the repetition, the boredom, are unavoidable features when you live to serve another.

In consensual, mutually agreed upon Owner/slave relationships, the best slaves are neither seen nor heard until he/she is called upon.

Even in the BD/SM world, slavery is about service and not necessarily sex.

I believe that, for atmosphere, it should be decided whether it is slavery or submission we want.

Maybe I am splitting hairs here, but it is exactly that distinction that makes SD such an effective slavery mod. I try to avoid capture like the plague.

It is a seemingly endless cycle of sex and waiting, making me wish they had just killed me.

Now flesh out the slavery idea to include things like capture, training, and your life as property. Lots of choices have to be made. Can the player control the PC, or does AI take over? Can the PC escape? Do choices made affect the rest of the game, and in what ways? How can slavery be introduced into the game without a large degree of repetition and boredom? How to keep the player engaged when they are severely limited in what they can do with their PC.

Well, thinking about Sanguine's Debauchery and such mods ... yeah, I suppose they are quite acurate Slavery-Simulators, as your char (or, as I suspect, you yourself maybe?) almost have nothing to do, be silent, totally under the control of your master.

However the difference for me which makes Sanguine's Debauchery such a pain is: I don't see myself as the char on the monitor. I am still playing a game, and I want something to do, not stare at the monitor until something happens. The thing is: I don't want a mod that puts ME into a slave, but my char. A mod that does not force slavery upon ME, but on my toon. So I think each slavery-mod has to make a decision: To aim more for the ones seeing themselves as teh slaves on screen, or the ones that see themselves as "masters" orchestrating what happens on screen (if that makes any sense?)

I really hope that this mod does not try to actually simulate slavery in ways of repition and bordedom, at least not as the main focus. For me its still a game, and much like reading a book I want things to happen (its quite annoying to read the same three words for over 50 pages after all). I tried SD for a while, but as an alternative to death it never was my thing ... I'd rather reload than going through hours of boredom. I have dragons to slay and vampires to kill, after all ... :dodgy:

Wow this thread is active! Glad there's an interest! I played 0.005 yesterday and evrything that was there seemed to work. I'd like to echo the need for more immension at the start. Waking up without collar, free to move about, greeted and then raped by a fellow slave, and the Master not reacting to my PC going "no way I will work for you!"... I think FortSlavery had the right idea with breaking in the slave first, by rape, humiliation, and beatings, then letting him/her roam the premisies. 

Btw it'd be good to have a kneeling function, for example if the Master is nearby (from SD+)

About the male/female tasks (sex-brothel, hard work-mine), and not everyone wanting the rape feature: it could be an idea to be able to select "eglible for sex" etc, and "rape: Y/N" in the NMM, or at installation. That way everyone can get their groove on. :)

I've got some things to say about this mod, it's not about the quests or anything, it's about the mod itself.

It is in need of some cleaning, there is no need to pack zaz's restraints textures and meshes with it as they already come with zaz's mod. And the esp needs some cleaning through TES5Edit, there are several "Identical to Master" references and 2 deleted references (the items you deleted in the Bee and Barb basement to put your door).

Actually every thing that already come from skyrim.esp or update.esp aside from those 2 items should be removed as they are dirty edits which may mess things up in some other mods depending on the load order.

After that it's just a matter of keeping the mod clean and making sure you don't overwrite fixes from the unofficial patches.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Okay, expect the next version (0.1) by Wednesday Evening.

Content In update:

Prologue

• Added more quest markers and changed the quest slightly. Now you have to rent the basement room.
  • Fixed the Sleep script so it doesn't trigger when you sleep in the slave prison
  • You no longer strip as soon as you enter the basement.

Slave Town

• Added guards and checkpoints. Will remove any contraband from you, put you in cuffs if you find a way to remove yours and will occasionally grope you.
  • Kal-El is now an example of a privileged slave. His obedience has gained him a job as slave overseer which is why he greets you when you wake up.
  • Dialogues are meaner, you are talked to as the slave you are.
  • Disobedience is punished with a trip to the arena
  • Added punishment stations (Currently only decorational)

And more stuff I have forgotten. Who knows, maybe I'll fix the mine quest too

If i'm not gonna say it, someone else is.

• Kal-El is now an example of a privileged slave. His obedience has gained him a job as slave overseer which is why he greets you when you wake up.

When, and how the heck did they capture and enslave Superman?!

JXM,

I agree with you, we already have enough dead end slavery mods. I usually bring up SD because it's take on being captured and held for the sexual enjoyment of your capturer are a fair representation of the tedium one would most likely experience. It completely changed how I played the game. No longer did I rush into combat. No longer was the sword my fav weapon.

It made me consider the odds, take my time, and plan. I run away at least half the time, if not more.

Instead of a gung ho warrior type, I became a stand off fighter. When the bad guys close, I bolt. I have taken up alchemy and enchanting. Hunting hones my archery and riding horses enables me to run away faster. All parts of the game I would have missed had it not been for trying to avoid the consequences SD imposes for failure. A cycle of rape and wait to be raped again, over and over is not enjoyable nor is even playing the game.

My questions about how to flesh out the idea from the beginning thru the conclusion were asking what ways can be used to keep the player engaged in the game, not cut out of it.

I liked your analogy of the master player and the slave player. It reminded me of a post I read about the different types of player. The action oriented as opposed to the role play. I would not describe myself as a slave player, but a role player. I use many mods that force my PC to re-act and adapt to the conditions imposed by those mods. It is out of my control that I am forced to eat, drink and sleep for example, or that I need warm clothes. It is that restrictive and constrictive form of play I like to play with. The operative word there being PLAY. If I might hazard a guess, you are more action oriented and if you use immersion type mods, use them as challenges to overcome.

I suppose your right saying that I relate to my PCs in some way. But like you, I do not want to be forced into something that will make my game boring or too repetitious. (After all, after the second play thru, it is repetitious enough.) 

I believe the ambitious scope of this mod, if brought to fruition, will have something for both our play styles.

Indeed we really could use more slavery mods that involve more than just repetitve tasks and getting raped. However, this is also a lot harder to make. I've seen mods with absolutely ingenius ideas for quests and things-to-do when you are enslaved. From simple slave training to entire automated facilities where slaves are trained. Unfortunately none of these mods were ever made/completed. But who can blame the creators, it takes a ton of work and time with virtually no reward but our gratitude. Not to mention working on a mod can get really boring after a while. 

I really hope there will one day be a sophisticated slavery mod like that. But I can understand if that will not be the case. 

JXM,

I agree with you, we already have enough dead end slavery mods. I usually bring up SD because it's take on being captured and held for the sexual enjoyment of your capturer are a fair representation of the tedium one would most likely experience. It completely changed how I played the game. No longer did I rush into combat. No longer was the sword my fav weapon.

It made me consider the odds, take my time, and plan. I run away at least half the time, if not more.

Instead of a gung ho warrior type, I became a stand off fighter. When the bad guys close, I bolt. I have taken up alchemy and enchanting. Hunting hones my archery and riding horses enables me to run away faster. All parts of the game I would have missed had it not been for trying to avoid the consequences SD imposes for failure. A cycle of rape and wait to be raped again, over and over is not enjoyable nor is even playing the game.

My questions about how to flesh out the idea from the beginning thru the conclusion were asking what ways can be used to keep the player engaged in the game, not cut out of it.

I liked your analogy of the master player and the slave player. It reminded me of a post I read about the different types of player. The action oriented as opposed to the role play. I would not describe myself as a slave player, but a role player. I use many mods that force my PC to re-act and adapt to the conditions imposed by those mods. It is out of my control that I am forced to eat, drink and sleep for example, or that I need warm clothes. It is that restrictive and constrictive form of play I like to play with. The operative word there being PLAY. If I might hazard a guess, you are more action oriented and if you use immersion type mods, use them as challenges to overcome.

I suppose your right saying that I relate to my PCs in some way. But like you, I do not want to be forced into something that will make my game boring or too repetitious. (After all, after the second play thru, it is repetitious enough.) 

I believe the ambitious scope of this mod, if brought to fruition, will have something for both our play styles.

If we can impose the bolded part into the Player character rather than the player, I think it'll be quite entertaining as someone who is also more into watching character on screen rather than feeling like being the main character itself.

The mod seems to be causing crashes when i move from cell to cell. Also when I try to start a new game.

Here is my load order:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
actorEvents.esm=1
AOM.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
CoD Waking Nightmare II.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp=1
AOM.esp=1
SexLab Theft and Seduction.esp=1
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Gatti12Jewelry.esp=1
NewmGlassRobe.esp=1
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp=1
Sexy Armor Replacer Patch.esp=1
DeadlyDragons.esp=1
DeadlyMonsters.esp=1
SkyRe_Main.esp=1
SkyRe_Combat.esp=1
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp=1
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp=1
CoD Waking Nightmare II.esp=1
Devious Deviants.esp=1
DoV.esp=1
DreadmystHollow.esp=1
Heimfeigr.esp=1
When Vampires Attack.esp=1
sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1
SDpatch - dawnguard.esp=1
SDpatch - dragonborn.esp=1
SDpatch - frostfall.esp=1
VampireHideouts.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp=1
SexLab Solutions.esp=1
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1
zzEstrus.esp=1
EstrusChaurus.esp=1
SkyrimSewers.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-5.esp=1
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp=1
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp=1
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
Better Vampires ML.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
BVLT - Human.esp=1
SkyRe_Races.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1
ReProccer.esp=1
GagSFX.esp=1
SexLabDangerousNights.esp=1
mslDeviousCaptures.esp=1
dd-sd1-compatibility-patch.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp=1
DD - Interactions.esp=1
Devious Devices - Gags+.esp=1
Masque of Clavicus Vile.esp=1
GagSFXDawnguard.esp=1
GagSFXDragonborn.esp=1
LADL - No Starting Spells.esp=1
ArachnaphobiaExpansion.esp=1
SWT1.2.esp=1
RND_AnimalLoot.esp=1
SlaveTats.esp=1
SlaversGuild.esp=1

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

The mod seems to be causing crashes when i move from cell to cell. Also when I try to start a new game.

Here is my load order:

I would guess that it might be dangerous nights, try disabling that.

Why do people bother posting load orders when the OP clearly states

That this mod is in its beginning stage and has known bugs

I posted mine because if there were any mods that someone else had that was having the same or similar issues as me then it would make it easier to pinpoint mods that conflict. Also to show that when it does start to work then there is a list of mods that people know work pretty well with this mod.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

If i'm not gonna say it, someone else is.

When, and how the heck did they capture and enslave Superman?!

The answer is simple, Kryptonite shackles!

Hmm, I am not sure if "Action" or "Roleplay" is the actual difference, yet more "active" and "passive" or "close to the char" and "distance to the char" are the keywords.

I ralized it mostly when I played "Age of Conan", my very first and only MMORPG where I truly played several chars in--character. All of them females, though in real life I am clearly not! But I never cared or lost much thought about why. Of course the eyecandy-argument played a role, especially when I was younger. But I also was intrigued by strong, idependet female characters. I think there aren't enough of them in games, movies, books.

Yet when I participated in some discussions on the AOC-forums about people "crossplaying" I was a bit astounded that so many people/players considered it weird for guys actually roleplaying female chars. Well, partly I blame that on their own insecureness, but mostly I understood that a lot of people look at games and the chars they play very differently than I do.

I see the events on screen, the events happening to my char more through the eyes of a writer or director. I usually try to give the way I go through the quests some logic behind it. For example I rarely do the thief-guild-quests with "heroic/honest" chars, and the same for the Dark Brotherhood. If it doesn't make sense to me that the char I have in mind joins them, I won't do it. The same with several mods I installed. My current main char wouldn'T use "Radiant Prostitution" or something else. Yet sometimes, when I feel my "story" demands it she might seduce a tavern wench after some hard battle, or celebrate a bit with Farkas and/or Vilkas (there really should be more options for DPs by the way... :angel: )

So truth be told, I also do see myself as a roleplayer, though maybe I am more of the Dungeon Master orchestrating the events, not the actual char on screen. And that's mostly why I dislike repetitious tasks. From an in-game-perspective through the eyes of the char it maybe makes sense that s/he harvests cabbage/mines ore/chops would for some hours to make some money, but through "my" eyes I'll rather skip that. Because for me it would like reading a story this way "And so she mined some ore to make money. and she mined. and mined. and mined. and mined ... "

A story or fantasy isn't made this way I think. If you read a story about a girl enslaved, I am sure most people don't really want to read "She stared blankly at the wall, waiting broken for the things be done to her next. And she waited. And waited etc" We indeed want to read some "action", even if this "action" is only progress describing her mental descend into submission.

Well, I am not entirely sure if the last parts made that much sense :D. tl,dr --> The difference between you and me is maybe the distance we keep to the events on screen and our chars, though that doesn't mean one is not roleplaying ... :dodgy:

But I don't want to derail the thread ... so, carry on to mod and test people, nothing to read here! Shoo!

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Quick update : Also being added to the next update (0.1) is a short training quest. Before you meet Master John you must be broken by his slave trainer. And no, it's not a 'Have sex with X number of Y' segment.

Quick update : Also being added to the next update (0.1) is a short training quest. Before you meet Master John you must be broken by his slave trainer. And no, it's not a 'Have sex with X number of Y' segment.

Awesome! Can't wait to try out the next update. Are you planning to make use of Zaz Animation's bondage animations, cages, stocks etc or keep to designing your own 'tasks'?

Hmm, I am not sure if "Action" or "Roleplay" is the actual difference, yet more "active" and "passive" or "close to the char" and "distance to the char" are the keywords.

[...]

A story or fantasy isn't made this way I think. If you read a story about a girl enslaved, I am sure most people don't really want to read "She stared blankly at the wall, waiting broken for the things be done to her next. And she waited. And waited etc" We indeed want to read some "action", even if this "action" is only progress describing her mental descend into submission.

Well, I am not entirely sure if the last parts made that much sense :D. tl,dr --> The difference between you and me is maybe the distance we keep to the events on screen and our chars, though that doesn't mean one is not roleplaying ... :dodgy:

But I don't want to derail the thread ... so, carry on to mod and test people, nothing to read here! Shoo!

Cut out most of the exchange. I suspect the real key is the difference between "fun activity" and "repetitive grinding". The tricky part is what is fun for some is repetitive for others. Most of vanilla skyrim can be described as talk to NPC, get quest marker, clear out dungeon, grab loot, return to NPC to finish quest, repeat. The difference between fun activity and grinding is the story that can be hung on to that basic pattern. Some people will be able to fill that empty waiting with story, be it exploring ways to escape, trying to take care of basic needs, or even simply filling out what is happening in the PC's mind in between the rape an the abuse. Others have no interest in those stories, so the "down time" is just boring and repetitive. Though even those with interesting stories will run out of story material eventually if nothing ever progresses.

One solution might be to copy prison overhaul. This mod has the option to skip the long walks through the city for those who have no interest in them. If the slave mod has an option to fade to black and cut to the next "action" sequence, you could please everyone, those that want to work out the details of the PCs slavery, and those that just want to get on with the next big change.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Awesome! Can't wait to try out the next update. Are you planning to make use of Zaz Animation's bondage animations, cages, stocks etc or keep to designing your own 'tasks'?

Probably a bit of both. I've added whipping as a punishment during the training section, using the Zaz resources