[Adoptable] Slave Town - A Player Slavery Mod

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Yeah nothing happens for me when I sleep either...

Perhaps it would help for testing purposes, if we had a guide of how your quest is suppose to work, what's suppose to happen when. That sort of thing so that we can try to help figure out exactly what's not working and why.

I'm in the middle of uploading a video to Naughty Machinima that shows how the quest should work. It all progresses fine for me so it must be that some files haven't ended up in the right place.

Hello, unfortunaly I had some bugs...

I downloaded version 0.1.3. I got in "The Bee and Barn", and I had the dizzy effect. I talked to the guy in the basement and... Nothing. The room was locked and they told me I needed a key to open it. I trie to rent a room and sleep there, but nothing happened.

I saw that people had that problem now, but not before so I downloaded version 0.1.2. I didn't have the dizzy effect when I entered in the tavern, I talked to the guy in the basement, I opened the door, saw a guy in the corner but nothing happened when I talked to him. I read the letter, and slept, but nothing happened.

I hope you'll solve those problems soon, the idea seems pretty good ^^

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

When you got abused in that basement its the end or is there something more?

Slept for like 4 days got abused 3 times, nothing else happens. Doors are locked all the time, screen is blurry all the time.

Getting abused when you sleep must be coming from another mod. In this mod you should be teleported to the slave prison as soon as you sleep. Maybe you have another mod that changes the way beds work?

Ok, I installed the newest version (0.1.3) and got the following issues:

1) Clean save, where I already had talked to Gideon - I talked to Silvius Verne and then, as soon as I enter the basement room and approach the letter, I get the hazy screen. I read the letter and went to bed, where nothing happened. Screen stayed hazy and the door of the room was locked.

2) New game - I walked into the Bannered Mare, but Gideon is nowhere to be found. Even after waiting multiple times, he doesn't show up. 

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Ah right .. forgot i installed dangerous nights recently to check it out .. guess it was it xD

EDIT - Yup, guess you can officially add Sexlab Dangerous Nights to the list of mods that are not compatible with yours.

There's been a few problems with the sleeping script so in the next bug fix patch I'll make it so you just pass out after a few seconds of the sleepy effect upon entering the room.

Tried 0.1, seen some progress, but largely, nothing happens.

My char. got to sleep & woke up at a new place, although it took quite a while before she get off the bed. Got to explore the place for a bit, ran off the map & keep falling. Add some iron bars to prevent walking to that direction maybe?

So my char. walk to that master domain, that's where nothing happened. A force greet, 2 dialogue options to accept or reject them. My char. refuses, but they are like "That's OK, but which jobs would you like to do?" So my char. chooses a job, the guy told her who she got to talk to & how the guy will put something on her. Nothing happened. Tried to choose other jobs, also nothing happened. She chooses the internal affair, like I said, nothing happened. Arena, also nothing happened. Mine, nothing happened as well. Tried to reload a save & choose to accept, nothing changes.

Other than that, the dialogues are funny but since it's a WIP so whatever.

I'm in the middle of uploading a video to Naughty Machinima that shows how the quest should work. It all progresses fine for me so it must be that some files haven't ended up in the right place.

Hey, just so you know, I decided to test your mod and after it didn't work in the first attempt, I disabled all plugins except a few related to custom clothes and armor and also the requirements for the mod to work. 

In the 0.0.3 version there's a screen effect once you go inside that room in the Bee and Barb, there's that note and it doesn't do anything besides suggesting that the PC should sleep, then after sleeping, nothing happens.

Tested the whole thing a few times, changed the position of the .esp in the load order and it doesn't work.

There is no quest given from the guy inside the Bannered Mare, I suppose it should, however on 0.0.2 I can see a quest marker in Riften - but in the Quest tab, you don't see any quests added and no "quest initiated" message.

In 0.0.3 I don't even see the quest marker on top of Riften.

The guy in the Bannered Mare also repeats his dialogue a few times, he chases the PC down to say his line. Also, he doesn't tell the whole dialogue, he sometimes begins with the part where your answer is to say "Yes, I'll help" or "No, I won't help", if you start the dialogue with him (after he finally stops chasing you and repeating his line), then you get the whole story of him being a guard and the Jarl doesn't do anything, etc, etc...

Have you tried disabling every mod and running Skyrim with your mod and requirements only?

Because to my limited understanding of how computers work, it is very strange that your mod works only in your machine.

Anyway, don't worry about criticism. Just do whatever you want. They will only recognize you if you succeed, if you try and fail they'll only criticize you. If you don't do anything you'll get no recognition. That's life.

Trying the mod. Bed not working (nothing happens, only normal sleep counter).

But its really good news that more modders are working on player-slavery questmods, we will never have enough of those !!! :D

I gonna try some things to make yours work (load order, eliminate non-esential mods, new game, etc...) and will post whatever I found :)

Keep working !!!

OK. Trying 0.3.

It's possible to ignore Keerava and go straight down to the basement and read the letter. Then, if you sleep on the convenient bed, you wake up in the same basement room with the door unpickably locked and the screen red-tinted. I tried unlocking the door with the console and talking to Keerava and then sleeping again - same result.

Tried again talking to Keerava first and that worked just fine. I'd suggest either locking the basement door until after talking to Silvius, or only placing the letter there after the conversation.

Only other glitch so far is that my girl wouldn't get up from the bed until I tried to use it to go to sleep. I think I can see what you're getting at, but it's a but counter-intuitive.

Playtest continues :)

Are you maybe planning on implementing this with more... how should I say it, natural triggers in the future? Like having something like being defeated in combat triggering this sequence, or connecting it to Defeat or Submit? Having the player voluntarily go to start a quest chain knowing it results in enslavement kind of defeats the purpose of being enslaved, to me.

Are you maybe planning on implementing this with more... how should I say it, natural triggers in the future? Like having something like being defeated in combat triggering this sequence, or connecting it to Defeat or Submit? Having the player voluntarily go to start a quest chain knowing it results in enslavement kind of defeats the purpose of being enslaved, to me.

Wouldn't that be Sanguine's Debauchery? 

Wouldn't that be Sanguine's Debauchery? 

Pretty much, but the main difference here is that the author wasn't happy with mods like SD having little to do once enslaved, yes? That doesn't mean they can't have similar triggers, the core content is what happens after enslavement.

so I was trying this mod and I had the same old issues. couldn't talk to the new NPC. room not working etc.

but then I had a thought. what if it has something to do with using a custom race? so I changed my race to Nord.

well. that let me talk to the new NPC at least and put him in the basement. but something else is stopping the room from triggering the rest of the quest. I get the quest in the log, but nothing else happens.

so I went to one of my clean saves, changed the race to Nord and started the quest and such, and couldn't talk to the guy at all while it still worked on my level 40. except the whole going into the room thing, which still refuses to work even after disabling most of my mods, mainly the ones which alter NPC scripts and sexlab stuff.

so I disabled more mods, and I got CTD's on my level 40, okay, so it was probably sexlab aroused messing up scripts on that one. Loaded my clean character, still could't talk to the NPC and nothing happened when I went in the room. 

Now this time I had disabled all my mods except the required mods.

lvl40 char: CTD's as usual.

Clean save: nothing works. and if I load from inside the tavern I CTD. 

I hope this helps something heh. 

A couple more bug reports:

Shivs: had one from the orc, found another on the bar. A third one seems to be under a cot, but I can't pick it up because the "cot" bounding box blocks activation.

Mines: can't seem to start it. Talked to everyone I could find. Didn't try the docks, so that might be it.

Arena: got beaten about four opponents in. I have a feeling that a new char who isn't combat focused may not stand much chance here. In any case, Sexlab Defeat or Submit kept me in bleedout and the game basically hung at that point.

Other than that, nice work. I look forward to seeing how this one progresses :)

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

where i am can find Silver in Mine Quest - dont see it lol

Silver?? I removed that from the quest. The only way that would show up is if I uploaded an outdated .esp. I saved over the same esp so it's really strange if that's still showing up.