[Adoptable] Slave Town - A Player Slavery Mod

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

I encourage you to continue your work. I like it when people are going to create more mods wrapped with a storyline. And if you feel you can't solve a specific problem, don't hesitate to ask around :)

Thanks

Can I ask, has the update fixed the dialogue bug with Gideon.

Also, for the people complaining of no quest markers, make sure you wait until the subtitles disapear from the screen because that's when the quests update. If you leave the Bannered Mare before Gideon's done with you then the quest might not start.

Added an update: Theres now an SEQ file which should fix the dialogue bug with Gideon. I also added more shivs to make the Internal Affairs 3rd job completable.

I will make sure to fix all these bugs. Sorry, this is my first mod ever so I still need to learn a lot.

So with the update, so far I could reach the compound, got the dialogues working, received questmarkers etc. So far, so good :D

However, once there I spoke to the Master and asked for an arena-job. I received the bindings (though maybe some rags would be nice too, otherwise the PC is the only slave butt-naked?). Talking with Orleth was then updating the Quest, but bindings stayed in place and my char was stuck with contols disabled. I suppose Orleth would either lead us to the arena, or we get teleported there? Neither worked however.

Also, After a reload I tried something different and asked the Master for an Internal Job, and received no bindings. Same with Mining. Another reload verified that I only get the bindings and update with asking for the Arena.

However, I do see no reason for you to apologize in any way, especially if this is your first attempt at modding. I am pretty sure the majority of LL-Users, me included, never modded a single thing. So do not let yourself get discouraged. A lot of people I am sure (again me included) are looking forward to a mod of this kind. So far it looks quite promising, and I hope you find the strength to keep it going. Maybe giving regular feedback on your progress and updates to try out for us will help you. I am not a good tester I am afraid, but I would be intrigued to see this mod growing and give feedback as well as ideas, if wanted :lol:

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

I suppose Orleth would either lead us to the arena, or we get teleported there? Neither worked however.

Just realised I packed the wrong BSA file which is why so many scripts aren't working. Reuploading correct bsa file now

Known bugs: the mod is not working.

Incredibly helpful bug report and a good way to encourage new modders. Have you tried the updated version?

Edit: This is a good idea for a mod and something a lot of people want to see.

That comment was made before I tested the new version. I wanted to update the comment, but it seems, I need to write a new.

Report, after talking to master only the "I choose the arena" dialogue add collars, cuffs. Only the arena quest is starting, the others wont start. The "arena master" after telling me to follow him, he just stand there and not going to the arena while I can't move because of the AI override.

(are you happy now?)

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Known bugs: the mod is not working.

Incredibly helpful bug report and a good way to encourage new modders. Have you tried the updated version?

Edit: This is a good idea for a mod and something a lot of people want to see.

That comment was made before I tested the new version. I wanted to update the comment, but because of you, I need to write a new.

Report, after talking to master only the "I choose the arena" dialogue add collars, cuffs. Only the arena quest is starting, the others wont start. The "arena master" after telling me to follow him, he just stand there and not going to the arena while I can't move because of the AI override.

(are you happy now?)

Make sure you use the newest version 0.1.2

The earlier versions had the wrong .bsa file which was why most of the scripts weren't working.

unchanged - Arena stuck, issues do not work, mine as well no change - is presented after line of dialogue - setstage SGMineQuest 0 "can i am help you in mine - he answered or toy or hit wall and nothing happen, i am think you need better pay attention on your work - idea great! and hope you fix problems with mod. Thank you!

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

yeah, I'm not getting anything. Tried with newest file, got the 1st guy to talk to me but no quest showed up. Went to Bee&Barb, found note, read note, nothing happened. Could not talk to new dunmer in B&B. 

The note isn't even the target anymore, it's just left behind from a previous idea. Theres a trigger that's supposed to force you down to sleep as soon as you enter the room but obviously that's not working.

It's really strange because it all works fine in my game. I'm uploading a new version which has the scipts compiled with it which should hopefully fix it.

yeah, I'm not getting anything. Tried with newest file, got the 1st guy to talk to me but no quest showed up. Went to Bee&Barb, found note, read note, nothing happened. Could not talk to new dunmer in B&B. 

need download 0.0.2 version - i am have normal work mod before choose Mine Arena or issues  - quests dont work and with version 0.0.2

eeaa... this phase of development - a complete failure. the author is clearly in a hurry to publish. we'll have to wait a while...

He who never fails, has never tried anything new. 

Truth of the matter is, the more we take the effort to make helpful bug reports, the faster this is going to be stable. 

Your attitude isn't very conducive to people doing this for us, for free. 

BTW as soon as a character enters the hidden bedroom in B&B, the screen starts to flood with artifacts. Please don't use the screen effect. Sanguines Debauchery used that effect as well and it just Fubarred for many poeple. I encourage you to use all features at your disposal.. but please omit that one xD

Thanks!  

As a small update I did get the prologue quest as soon as I entered the B&B, screen effect and all before talking to anyone or going to the hidden room. I can ask the dark elf about the quest but nothing comes of it. The door to the secret room is locked and nothing happens if I read the note or sleep anyway.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

eeaa... this phase of development - a complete failure. the author is clearly in a hurry to publish. we'll have to wait a while...

The only reason that the mod is up is for me to find out if it works for other people or not. The mod runs with only a few little bugs in my game but for some reason it doesn't work for other people.

If I didn't share the mod now then I wouldn't have found that out.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

still works badly - I go to the tavern "bee" - once the screen is turned hazy effect. words that began the quest "city slaves." door locked. dialogue does nothing. waiting for the next version)

Once the screen goes hazy, sleep in the bed. That will start the enslavement quest

Yeah nothing happens for me when I sleep either...

Perhaps it would help for testing purposes, if we had a guide of how your quest is suppose to work, what's suppose to happen when. That sort of thing so that we can try to help figure out exactly what's not working and why.