GECK users, have you ever seen this?

A.J.

I receive this message when I open an old esm. I'm really wondering what does it mean. The online version is newer than the one I'm opening, but if this is really what it means, HOW THE HELL DOES IT KNOW?!? ...

hw4dx1cgjm7sslm4g.jpg

It's not only watching me, it's taking care of me, since that popup could be a useful info :)

But yes, being serious, how do they know... how GECK is connected to those infos... is it PU or NVSE maybe? I upgraded NVSE to the last version, it's the only thing I'm thinking about since I started receiving this message, but... still, no, I can't understand.

Guest carywinton

For a "Network" error message to appear like this the program "thinks" it is working from a network drive, not an actual drive connected directly to or inside of your computer. This means the drive it sees has been "mapped" as a network drive in your computer. If you are using Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Manager, this would be why, they use a type of network topology that resembles a network mapped drive to validate and check for newer file versions. This is why I do not use mod managers at all, other than for merely changing load orders. When you open or view the drive you have the file stored on, look for an icon that is different than the normal drive icon, may have what looks like a hand under it or something similar.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

If that pops up in the GECK, it has nothing to do FOMM or any other mod manager.

I'd say there are two possibilities:

A leftover legacy feature, that was taken out for the public release of the GECK, but you somehow managed to activate it?! Or do you use the steam version of the GECK and this is some scary foreshadowing of possible workshop integration or cloud saving feature?!

EDIT: found it. Sorry, it was completely unrelated. Now, why this is happening to me with that esm everytime I open it, it's completely unclear.

It's called version control (http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Version_Control)

Anyway, reference from Bethesda:

---------------------------

Normal Usage

Load the GECK with your destination master ESM file (local) ticked and your source plugin ESP file (local) ticked with the plugin file marked as Active. When the GECK is done loading, click on the Version Control button to the far left of your upper toolbar.

Select all the forms you want to merge first and then click Check Out. After this process completes, select them again and press Check In. A new window will pop up asking for the location of the remote destination master file. Select the ESM you want to merge into and click Save. The GECK will then merge the content of your ESP file into your chosen ESM and resolves any FormID conflicts.

Select "OK" in the Data Files window to reload the master file or close the GECK and re-start it.

The next time the GECK loads, you will receive this message:

File Update Available

Master File YourMasterFile.esm does not match the one on the network. Copy network version to local directory?

Yes - No - Cancel

Select "Yes" to copy the newly updated remote master file to the local \Fallout 3\Data\ folder overwriting the existing older master file.

I didn't. Checking on the Bethesda guide, it says to set it on the geck ini file, there's a bcheckversion or something like that. But really, I didn't modify it... I'm assuming that maybe it was already on, and only now I get that message because I did some mess with FNVEdit on the esm (I saw that in a thread after that someone used it)

Archived