BillBellochek

So, I've been using the Devious Devices Integration suite for about a month now. I've got mods like Sexlab Submit + DD, Devious Devices for the Masses, Captured Dreams, etc... Anyway, I've been playing through the game using Live a Devious Life and I noticed that once I got the devices off my character from the start, there's very little risk of getting new devices locked to my character. That took some of the fun out of these mods knowing that my character can't get trapped and helpless unless I make it happen. So, I've come up with a few thoughts for a mod that I hope already exists, if not maybe someone will see this and think it's not a bad idea.

Ideas:

>Traps in dungeons that will force equip a device to your character. Maybe replacing/re-purposing existing traps in dungeons, or add this idea as a magic rune that when triggered, like a normal rune, hits you with a magic effect that equips devious devices. Maybe let the character learn the spell to place these rune-traps, but that's not really necessary.

>Dwemer Chastity Spiders that look almost exactly like normal worker spiders, except they have an attack where they latch onto you and turn into a Spider Chastity Belt (forcing a soulgem plug effect would also be nice). You'd need a Dwemer Chastity Key to remove them, which can be found in Dwemer dungeons and such. I feel like the Dwemer should have more to do with the Devious Devices, so I have more ideas for this section.

>Permanent Devious Devices has always been something that was exciting to me. I've always thought it would be cool if a posture collar or something was forced onto my character and it was irremovable.

I have more ideas than this, but I'll hold off on them. Obviously I like the idea of environment based equipping of Devious Devices and a bit of torture for my character.

If you're using Sexlab Submit + DD and not getting devices locked on frequently enough, why don't you try upping the threshold at which auto surrender kicks in? Bump it up to something high for your skill level (as a player, that is).

As for your ideas specifically:

I really like ideas one and three. It'd be pretty cool if, say, a chest could be trapped to put cuffs on your arms, or a pressure plate set to apply leg cuffs, especially with the newer version of submit + DD. Permanent devices would also be interesting, but I think permanent devices would really have to "up the ante" in some way. Something would need to set them apart as truly more dangerous and thrilling tools of bondage and enslavement, like them being magical versions of the ordinary gear that had some special effect.

I can't say I'm feeling the spider one. The Dwemer - DD connection has never been something I've been interested in. I would much prefer Dwemer spiders using music to rape the PC. (If Tonal Architecture can be used to manipulate the tones of Lorkhan's heart, surely such magic could be used to compel foolish mortals)

As for your ideas specifically:

I really like ideas one and three. It'd be pretty cool if, say, a chest could be trapped to put cuffs on your arms, or a pressure plate set to apply leg cuffs, especially with the newer version of submit + DD. Permanent devices would also be interesting, but I think permanent devices would really have to "up the ante" in some way. Something would need to set them apart as truly more dangerous and thrilling tools of bondage and enslavement, like them being magical versions of the ordinary gear that had some special effect.

I really like the trapped chests take on this. That's something I didn't even consider, probably because vanilla trapped chests are a joke. I also strongly agree with enchantments on permanent devices. Something to help you remember they're there and won't be leaving. Also with Gags+ installed a magical permanent ballgag would be a fun idea.

(Wow, replies from the mod authors. Did not expect that when I made this thread. That's pretty amazing)

Some interesting ideas here. One or more dwemer-style devices are planned for DD:Assets eventually, although that may still take a while.

You're always welcome to post your other ideas and suggestions in the Devious Devices: Assets thread.

I'll have to stop by the Assets thread and look around and post my ideas. Some of my ideas will probably only apply to specific to a specific niche, but then again look where I am. Anyway, sentient Devious Devices with malicious intent is a big yes to me.

I am adding situations to Captured Dreams where the player is put into items that they can not remove unless they have the key (and that won't happen without using the console).

I was excited when the most recent version of Captured Dreams came out with the quests and redesign of the interior. Captured Dreams is one of the mods that I keep an eye on because of all the cool new stuff being added.

• 4 weeks later...

>Dwemer Chastity Spiders that look almost exactly like normal worker spiders, except they have an attack where they latch onto you and turn into a Spider Chastity Belt (forcing a soulgem plug effect would also be nice). You'd need a Dwemer Chastity Key to remove them, which can be found in Dwemer dungeons and such. I feel like the Dwemer should have more to do with the Devious Devices, so I have more ideas for this section.

Their lightning attack does minimal damage, but has a chance to stun you, then their power attack is more like a facehugger from aliens... except with your crotch.

Have the sphere's attach belt and bra and arm cuffs, and centuries grant the whole package... then it just needs a custom dwemer texture befitting it's nefarious origins.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived