A technical question about 1st and 3rd person view cameras

uyuzgurt

May be a highly technical questions

Playing hours of Skyrim with my very old laptop (Core2 Duo 2100MHz ATI M Radeon 3470) I have now can surely  say some things about 1st person and 3rd person view difference.

It is known that for old graphic cards some of the magic effects do not appear as supposed to be. With some tweaks and imporvement mods and low resolution I can get enough fps to play. But what puzzles me is that when in 1st person camera mod some of the magic effects can be seen but in 3rd person view these effects are disappeared.

What I want to know is that why there is a rendering difference between 1st and 3rd person camera mode. It is obvious that my old graphic card is capable of rendering mentioned effects but I cannot see them in 3rd person camera mod, can I somewhat change the 3rd person camera mod to see these effects also in 3rd person view as in 1st person camera mod? How?

These are not answers to my questions; 

I know my graphic card is old, I do not want to or cannot get a new graphic card or update my drivers. As mentioned before it is obvious my graphic card is capable of rendering some of the effects. I do not want anything above my graphic cards ability. What I want to know why there is a difference between 1st and 3rd person camera view.

I do not want to get ENB or some DD dll's which seem to use a lot of CPU cycles to calculate the effects.

I will try to submit some screenshots.

> I cannot see torch flame on the left in 3rd person view, but here in first person camera it is obvious.

> Also on the right the light sword with flaming effect can be seen. But both sword except handles and flames dissappear in 3rd person view.

post-43015-0-34725500-1397729743_thumb.jpg

Skyrims and Oblivions 1p is a crap.

1) A separate skeleton is used for the first person

2) Equippable items have separate models for the 1p. You equip an item, in the 1p you see one model, in 3p you see another. If it's dropped on the ground the third model is used.

3) In 1p this torch and sword does not actually exist in the game world. What happens is they are being rendered in separate space and then drawn on top of the world image you see. How do i know that? Boris, ENB's author said a bunch of dirty words trying to make ENB's effects look normal on weapons in 1p. And he was unable to fix some transparency issues because of the stuff i described above.

So, the differences are unavoidable.

Dunno. Especially in Skyrim's case. A pain in the ass with separate 1p animations, separate skeleton, separate meshes, additional records in the mod descriptions. I wonder how much time they spent to make the 1p/3p transition look decent enough. And in the end you can't see your legs and body, you cast no shadow, and it's a pain for the modders.

Made for those damn boxes that people connect to their TV's and call video game consoles?

From my perspective: if they didn't see a good reason for this amount of extra work (which costs extra money) they would for sure have avoided it, because Beth is a profit oriented company afterall and spending money for stuff that's not needed is definitly not in their interesst.

Anyhow: imersive 1p solves that for Skyrim. And for NV there an even better 1p mod, that only consists of an NVSE plugin.

Skyrims and Oblivions 1p is a crap.

1) A separate skeleton is used for the first person

2) Equippable items have separate models for the 1p. You equip an item, in the 1p you see one model, in 3p you see another. If it's dropped on the ground the third model is used.

3) In 1p this torch and sword does not actually exist in the game world. What happens is they are being rendered in separate space and then drawn on top of the world image you see. How do i know that? Boris, ENB's author said a bunch of dirty words trying to make ENB's effects look normal on weapons in 1p. And he was unable to fix some transparency issues because of the stuff i described above.

So, the differences are unavoidable.

Thank you all, I think 2nd one is not the answer, because both 1st and 3rd person model of light sword are using the same model. Most probably 3rd one seems to be the best answer so far. But again, I have i5 and much more better ATI card in my desktop and difference is not so obvious.

Archived