Gorilla k 3 katana questions

Hecks567

so had Gorilla K 3 katanas for some time  pretty much loving every minute. of there snazzy effects but then i saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nSrzBPycyM

in the first minute it shows the lightning katana shooting charged gunshots. checked out the ck and ran the 3 katana scripts through a pex decompiler and saw some similarities to the dwarven gunblade scripts.

but i cant see what hot key  shoots was originally applyied to for the 3 katanas, in the ck it also doesn't have a spell assigned to the shooting property but there is a testspell which is unused by the scripts in the 3 katanas esp. the testspell also uses a script called gun kata.

at the moment ive hot fixed this by mearly making a plugin for myself which runs both 3 katana and dwarven gunblade as a master,the plugin simply templates the dwarven gunblades to the 3 katanas, so the old dwarven gunblades look like the gorilla ks 3 kanatas, the problem here is these templated swords dont have the cool but sometimes annoying scabbard sheild. nor is the firing spell chargable. 

i was wondering if any one else noticed this hidden gem in the ck and has made ammendments to get gorilla 3 katana working like in the video i posted (just the shooting/charging )

theres a number of entries in the 3 katana esp that arnt used in game

gunkata.pex appears to be a scripted based fireball spell its unter the ck entry 01testammospell

then theres lightingequip.pex which is a script which is only on the the lightning katana heres the script in dpex form

.STRINGS

0 LightingEquip
2 GetState
3 GotoState
4 OnEquipped
5 OnUnequipped
6 hidden
7 conditional
8 ObjectReference
9 ::bowSpell_var
10 spell
11 bowSpell
12 String
13 Function that returns the current state
14 ::State
15 None
16 Function that switches this object to the specified state
17 newState
18 ::NoneVar
19 onEndState
20 self
21 onBeginState
22 akActor
23 Actor
24 ::temp1
25 Bool
26 removeSpell
27 ::temp0
28 addSpell
.DEBUG
LightingEquip DEFAULT GetState 0
LightingEquip DEFAULT GotoState 0
LightingEquip DEFAULT OnEquipped 0 6
LightingEquip DEFAULT OnUnequipped 0 10
.FLAGS
hidden 0
conditional 1
.OBJECTS
OBJECT LightingEquip : ObjectReference {0}
VARS
spell ::bowSpell_var = null {0}
ENDVARS
PROPS
PROP spell bowSpell rw {0}
AUTOVAR ::bowSpell_var
ENDPROP
ENDPROPS
STATES
STATE DEFAULT
String FUNCTION GetState() {0}
@doc Function that returns the current state
FLAGS 0
return ::State
ENDFUNCTION
None FUNCTION GotoState(String newState) {0}
@doc Function that switches this object to the specified state
FLAGS 0
VARS
None ::NoneVar
ENDVARS
callmethod onEndState, self, ::NoneVar
assign ::State, newState
callmethod onBeginState, self, ::NoneVar
ENDFUNCTION
None FUNCTION OnUnequipped(Actor akActor) {0}
FLAGS 0
VARS
Bool ::temp1
ENDVARS
callmethod removeSpell, akActor, ::temp1, ::bowSpell_var
ENDFUNCTION
None FUNCTION OnEquipped(Actor akActor) {0}
FLAGS 0
VARS
Bool ::temp0
ENDVARS
callmethod addSpell, akActor, ::temp0, ::bowSpell_var, false
ENDFUNCTION
ENDSTATE
ENDSTATES
ENDOBJECT

as i said ive converted the pex into dpex so its not like reading a source file but close enough.im pretty noobish when it comes to skse and advanced scripts but that Bowspell_var makes me curious and why is this script in the 01SulundoSheildBaldo but not 01SulundoSheildBaldo1 and 01SulundoSheildBaldo2 (these are located in ck armour section)

*update*after a little tweaking i have successfully got the 3 katanas to use 01testspell by changing the properties in the dwarven gunblades quest script. hotkey middle mouse button. the 01testspell looks better than the vanilla  dwarven gunblades spell actually sadly no charged shots as of yet. 

also been mentioned before in the 3 katana esp theres also rose sword and vomir sword included into the esp but  i cant figure out what they do ingame apart from being a weapon tho both are heavily scripted.

thanks. i currently hav a working plugin of 3 katanas with the shooting spell and sommonkantans E combo . currently in testing. will release next week if i cant find a charged spell script on the internet. currently editing scripts from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43597/? to use for the 3 katanas but i have no experiance with mcm.and the mod linked has alot of spells and options. cant seem to find a simple chargeable spell anywhere on the web to look at script. my ocd is driving me mental.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

released a wip basically my plugin i've been working on for months and i still dont understand gorilla k's scripts

current version

gorilla ks 3 katanas all are gunblades, based on the dwarwen gunblade setup middle mouse button to shoot

fire kata -shotgun gunblade

Ice katana - gatling gunblade

Lightning - Standard gunblade (uses gorilla ks testshoot spell)

also help Gatana to get 3 unscabbarded 3 kantanas (gunblades of course) i found while hiss scabbard script was awesome.it some times was frustrating when i switched weapon only for the scabbard to remain and force the 3 katana into my hand.

then i was like would this be awesome as 2 handed weapons

type help 

'Ice GunBlade Gatling'-2handed ice katana

'lightning GunBlade '-2handed lightning katana

01FireMagnumSword - 2handed fire katana

they all follow similar laws fire-magnun shotgun style blast, ice fores rapid fire and lightning is the standard shooting

ive also not stoped there

the rose sword and crainte vomirs that are hidden in the  3 katana esp are now also gunblades.

i have a working spell charge spell which ive been tweaking the last month sadly it bugs out when using debug.animation and the the crosbow animations. luckly Elysees Maximum Drivev2 uses a very silimar script to what i was using for the gunblade charge spell although his is allot more cleaner. (onKeyUp function usng it it conjuction with its Holdtime intreger)

• 3 months later...

I know this topic is probably dead, but thank you very much for that plugin! I was looking around his .esp myself, and whilst I love his work, his esps are a bit messy lol. One frustrating bug (I think it's to do with the many Fire Shields that pop up in my inventory) is that mykatana.esp introduces bizarre lag to the smithing menu. It's not too much of a problem with the console, but it's annoying that it's there (the leather crafting menu as well, I can see my carry weight constantly changing, probably due to the Fire Shields, which is introducing the lag). Unfortunately, if you delete the Shields (I think they are the scabbards), you lose the scabbard (I think the lag remains, can't remember - back from a long Skyrim break).

Anyway, thanks :)

• 4 months later...

i think thats kick bash  which changes the bash while blocking to a kick http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44666/? 

and hyper the unscabbarded versions in my plugin of 3 katanas has no script references connecting it to the scabbards so the scabbards are never put in your inventory. and unequiping and eqipping  the weapons wont spam your inventory with scabbards..

console help gatana or use the 2 handed versions.

ironically while trying to update this plugin is pretty much dead the quest for a chargable spell script is not. for some reasons all my chargeable spell scripts. wont work with the crossbow animations debug animation events. which is kind of the linchpin for this mod.frustrates me because i know its possible as seen in the video

• 2 weeks later...

Archived