Reserved for notes on future updates or known bugs.

Known Bugs:

• None, yet.

Not Really Bugs:

• The Spriggan armor is not treated as a quest item; this means that it is possible to remove it by placing it in a container, but it also means that it is not weightless.  If removed, it will regrow almost immediately, so this isn't a problem.  It will also regrow if stripped by a mod like Defeat.
  • The visual effect of the Spriggan's growth phase can be overwritten by other visual effects such as the Slow Time shout.  This only removes the visual effect, not the magic effect itself.
  • Unlike Devious gags, the mask does not prevent shouts, eating or drinking.  This is intentional.  The purpose is to encourage the character to live away from civilization, not to cripple her fighting abilities.

Have you tried "playerref.equiptitem(item, true) to prevent removal? It won't prevent other scripts from removing it, but it will prevent the player from removing it voluntarily and allows a piece of armor/clothing to be weightless.

I seem to be getting stuck in an animation loop on the starting scene - it just keeps going and never then kicks me out as it should.

No Papyrus log, no way for me to figure out what's happening.  Not that a log file guarantees successful debug either, but without that basic info it is hopeless.

Have you tried "playerref.equiptitem(item, true) to prevent removal? It won't prevent other scripts from removing it, but it will prevent the player from removing it voluntarily and allows a piece of armor/clothing to be weightless.

That is how it equips now.  That prevents removal normally, but does not prevent transfer to another container - at least not in my experience.  And I don't want the armor to be weightless (if I did, I'd have made it a quest item).

This sounds so awesome!  When I get to this point in my game of the Sybil quest, I am definitely going to install this mod.  In the meantime, I'm going to be watching this with great interest. 

Edit:  I'm of the same situation as Nico, I rarely use magicka as I'm more of a rogue-archer type.  Occasionally I might use healing spells after a fight, but that's pretty much it.  Indeed, if there's a "natural growth" sort of thing where transformation happens naturally over time, as Rangedphoenix suggested, that would be great for us non-mage types. 

Installing it in mid-game, or after completing Dibella's quest, has not been fully tested.  However, it should work.

My quest started fine mid game first time I slept.  Might be nice to only trigger when in sleeping outside or in a dungeon though, or at least in a non player owned bed.  I was even wearing leg and arm cuffs, they look pretty good with the armour actually.  I also had the sexlab dibella cult mod already running, it also starts after the vanilla Dibella quest and had no trouble from it.

Broken tower was repopulated though and I got dumped out the door into three forsworn with Deviously Helpless running.

It should take at least 10 days (30 if cleared) to repopulate Broken Tower, which is why I chose it for a location given the triggering quest.  But at least with Helpless running, the occupants didn't simply kill you on sight.

That is how it equips now.  That prevents removal normally, but does not prevent transfer to another container - at least not in my experience.  And I don't want the armor to be weightless (if I did, I'd have made it a quest item).

That's actually pretty easy to do. If you don't want the player messing around with your armors, you can just flag it as unplayable. It can still be equipped and everything, but will not show up in the player's inventory. (It can still be added and removed via script though.) (I have also heard from a good friend that omitting the item's name will have the same effect.)

@rangedphoenix: That's interesting, and I may give that trick a try sometime.  But I'm reasonably happy with the current armor behavior, and I think having it disappear from inventory completely might not be ideal.  I just posted that in the "not a bug" section in a (probably futile) attempt to avoid multiple bug reports on that topic.  Thanks for the tip though, it isn't one that I'd run across before.

Works fine for me and since  my character is at level 55 on the current play threw this was a nice way to shake the game up.  I am running Deviously Helpless so something like seven Forsworn women in a row ended up sitting on my poor Dragonborn's face the instant she left the tower.  That and being chased by a skeever with that armbinder on,...

it has a conflict with the defeat and submint - if robbing character - the game freezes and crashes.
it does not clear the issue - dialogues with the characters is too little to be guided quest well. it is unclear what to do.
conversion to Spriggan very slow. it is unclear what to do to get something new besides costume (gloves, boots, etc.)
correct it please. publish a description of the actions that lead to the development of the quest.

Does the Spriggan Armour block sex (no animation plays) during SD+ enslavement for other everyone else and if so is that intentional?  I've tried with and without the Devious Devices patch for SD.

No, it doesn't.

Worked after I rebuilt my Sexlab animations registry, must have uninstalled something and forgot to rebuild.

you should develop a job after a player receives a mask. 1) becoming sprigannom he has become an outcast in the cities and to be persecuted (leave or I'll call the guards!) 2) Spriggan can create couch to sleep anywhere ... 3) Spriggan gets the job - to wander in those iliinye point to serve nature: take care of the forests - to kill a lumberjack in certain location. use sex animations for seating seeds - masturbation = sowing. 4) Why does not come mod? mot? old woman had promised to cut a piece of body Spriggans cursed???

I seem to be getting stuck in an animation loop on the starting scene - it just keeps going and never then kicks me out as it should.

No Papyrus log, no way for me to figure out what's happening.  Not that a log file guarantees successful debug either, but without that basic info it is hopeless.

Didn't have papyrus logs enabled - at any rate it works fine on most animations I've seen - didn't work on the rough standing but I can't seem to replicate that - which would suggest there isn't a bug in there, just one of skyrims weird quirks.

Game keeps crashing after the spriggan armor first gets equipped. All required mods are installed. ='(

Most likely explanation, you have a BBP enabled armor (which this is) but not a BBP enabled skeleton.  Use XP32 skeleton.

@reagansmash!:  OK, sounds like a one-time glitch not a bug.  Skyrim's full of those.

@SullenMan: I cannot reproduce the crash you report, if SL Defeat causes the armor to be stolen (nor can I think of anything that could cause that).  I can't speak to whether it has problems with Submit, but I'd be very surprised if it did.

Proposed Cure Quest:

Here is an idea I'm playing with for a permanent cure, piggybacking on Kyne's Sacred Trials (aka Froki's quest).

1. After acquiring Nettlebane, a (non-hostile) hunter encounter points the character to Froki, as a source of knowledge outside the normal temple hierarchies.
  2. Froki suggests that it may be possible to remove the curse by defeating the Guardian Spriggan, but you'll have to prove yourself by defeating some other Guardian spirits first (I'm thinking just the 1st three, not all of them).
  3. After defeating the other spirits, Froki will tell you where to find the Guardian Spriggan (some appropriate location, e.g. the big Spriggan cave near Solitude).  You will need to cleanse your body of outward Spriggan influence first, so shaving with Nettlebane and bathing in Eldergleam Sanctuary would be prerequisites or the Guardian spirit will not show.
  4. Reach the Guardian Spriggan (ghostly Spriggan Matron) and defeat her, to be cured.

Comments?  Too hard?  Too easy?  I like this idea because it fits the theme, and makes use of an existing quest that I ordinarily wouldn't bother with (because the rewards aren't worth the effort).

Game keeps crashing after the spriggan armor first gets equipped. All required mods are installed. ='(

You need the latest version of FNIS and zaz animation pack 0551 it and you wont get a CTD equipping the spriggan armor (worked for me).

Proposed Cure Quest:

Here is an idea I'm playing with for a permanent cure, piggybacking on Kyne's Sacred Trials (aka Froki's quest).

1. After acquiring Nettlebane, a (non-hostile) hunter encounter points the character to Froki, as a source of knowledge outside the normal temple hierarchies.
  2. Froki suggests that it may be possible to remove the curse by defeating the Guardian Spriggan, but you'll have to prove yourself by defeating some other Guardian spirits first (I'm thinking just the 1st three, not all of them).
  3. After defeating the other spirits, Froki will tell you where to find the Guardian Spriggan (some appropriate location, e.g. the big Spriggan cave near Solitude).  You will need to cleanse your body of outward Spriggan influence first, so shaving with Nettlebane and bathing in Eldergleam Sanctuary would be prerequisites or the Guardian spirit will not show.
  4. Reach the Guardian Spriggan (ghostly Spriggan Matron) and defeat her, to be cured.

Comments?  Too hard?  Too easy?  I like this idea because it fits the theme, and makes use of an existing quest that I ordinarily wouldn't bother with (because the rewards aren't worth the effort).

My only suggestion for the cure quest would be adding a mandatory time that the player must be infected, before the cure becomes available.

You need the latest version of FNIS and zaz animation pack 0551 it and you wont get a CTD equipping the spriggan armor (worked for me).

I doubt it is sensitive to which Zaz version you use, since I developed it on Zaz 5.40.  Always use latest FNIS though.

@Min: Yeah, it'd be easy enough to make the intro encounter (the hunter) only turn up at stage 4 (full armor).  Give him a force-greet package, and the gag effect won't interfere.  I don't have any problems exempting Froki from the gag effect either, since the crazy old coot can probably talk to animals.