Converted Meshes, Wrong lightning.

Drakthuro

Hi there, i had an question about some meshes that i imported into 3d's max, and exported to niff files so i could use them for skyrim.

I don't know if i did everything right, But i simply made a dds texture, and a normal map dds texture and replaced the BSlightingShaderproperty with one of the skyrim meshes so CK wouldn't crash while loading them in.

But now i ran into a problem.

When i am in game then some of the textures get transpirant in the sun so you can just look right through them like this.

10250064_425623717582473_880318779767745

10001299_425623714249140_690618954607123

And what i want to get is, that all meshes that i import into skyrim are not transpirant, So my question is. What do i need to do to get this to work? Do i need to make something like a lightmap? or something else. 

All help is appreciated!

sorry to bumb this, but does no-one knows the sollution? when i load the mesh into niffskope then everything is fine,

and when i load them in CK then everything seems fine to, even when i toggle sky lightning.

But if i start up the game, then certain parts of the meshes are transpirant.

Do the meshes have a NiAlpha property assigned to them? If yes, and you don't want them to have transparencies, right click the NiAlpha property, hit Block, them Remove. Save and that should resolve your issues.

Do you have alpha channels set up in the normal maps for the specular? If yes, did you save them as DXT5ARGB?

For no transparencies, make sure to save your diffuse texture as DXT1RGB.

Archived