Idea: Skyrim Co-op

Before you say anything, it's probably not as far fetched as you may thing. I remember when Skyrim was first released, there was a multiplayer mod for skyrim. This, of course, would be much easier than a full on multiplayer. 

So the basic concept is to allow one player to join in on your single player game, or you both would have to start a complete new save. If programmed correctly, you could probably connect using Hamachi, I wouldn't know because I don't have too much experience using Hamachi. The best thing I can think of when it comes to the players is that you would have to create a brand new class in the code with the exact same values as the original player class. This would, hopefully, enable the engine to recognize the two players both as the same. It's like making a clone. 

Now when it comes to mods, there is a huge bridge to make. Most likely, there would have to be compatibility patches for all mods. Or, you could set it up like an rts game. If you don't know what I mean, most rts games have the ability to let two players with the same mod to play a game with each other. If one person tries to play with someone using a mod when they don't have one, they simply can't connect. Another thing you could do is register custom meshes as default. So if one player is using a custom sword that the other doesn't, it would show up as an iron sword. (I say iron because if you do a "coc" command in the menu, the player will have iron gear.) 

When it comes to questing, the each player should be registered as the same, but separate. For example, one player receives a quest from an NPC. For THAT player, the quest has been started, but not for the other. Say player 1 is registered as PC1, the other would be PC2, and would not be affected by what PC1 is affected by. If one levels up, the other does not until they have gained the appropriate xp, unlike a follower.  When it comes to items, a copy would have to be made on every essential and quest item. Players would just have to be careful to not grab both of them :P

If two players are in two different cells, outer or inner, it could be confusing. Having to register both cells for both players could put an impact on their game performance. There would probably have to be a limit on how far you could go from each other. I was thinking there should be a master player, the master player can go wherever he/she chooses, while the other player could only go so far from the master player. (A bit of Sanguines Debauchery here huh?). The secondary player cannot exit cells, and will automatically transport to a new cell if the master player goes to one. 

And yes, you should be able to have intercourse with each other providing you have sex lab installed. 

So that's my idea. No way in Dante's inferno am I going to make it, I'm terrible with coding as is.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3592/?  Here's the old multiplayer mod.

assuming the network code was there, the best way to handle -- almost a decade ago -- JediKnight II allows you to login to a server and DL  all mods from the host that you do not have. Long waits at times, but once you pick a favorite server, you'll just need maintenance updates. Of course the server login screen could also post the mods/versions the server runs, to be dl separately.

Team base coop would be really cool feature for skyrim, should have been done rather than the goo that is TESO. 

A mod that allows a pseudo AI, that is actually the network players; and a mod that live streams the output from p.o.v the P/AI. hehe, how hard can it be? 

Archived