Hdt Large Hoop Earrings

jacques00

A quick kit-bash using assets created by Vioxsis, scavenged from and inspired by this topic: Large hoop earrings. Here is a set of HDT Physics-enabled, large hoop earrings.

It includes both gold and silver variants, that require one ingot of the respective metal to smith (though do note that the earrings are a little devalued in price in comparison to the raw ingot price), craftable in the Jewelry section. The earrings should be compatible with all female vanilla races (repositioned to fit as close as possible; as for males, they will have a gold/silver finger ring instead--though I may add male compatibility in the future if there is a large enough interest in it).

Note: By default, this item takes up Biped Object Slot 48.

---

Requirements:

• HDT Physics Extension (and all it's prerequisites, of course--but it's entirely optional since the earrings will still load in-game fine without HDT_PE)
  • Latest version of Skyrim

---

Download:

HDT Hoop Earrings.zip

Alternative Downloads:

---

Screenshot/Video:

Vyxenne and the Dainty Sload by Vyxenne

---

Special Thanks:

---

Thanks for reading and do let me know if there are any issues!

special skeleton necessary?

Nah, no new skeletons required, it should have it's own skeleton chain in the .nif file--it should link up with any skeleton that uses "NPC Head", which exists in the vanilla skeleton.

Also, as far as HDT physics, there may be some instances of the earrings reaching a point and totally wig out--don't worry, it's not the mod itself, it's just the values I put in for the .xml file (I found that angular limits lower than 1.0 for x,y, and z in radians works best, but I know I'm probably not interpreting it properly). Anyone is welcome to modify and add onto this mod if they like, and if you create an alternate .xml, feel free to share and I'll link it on the opening post.

To get around the earrings spazzing out, you can unequip the earrings (to unload the .xml), and then re-equip them (to reload the .xml--since the .xml is linked to the mesh, unequip/re-equip will also reset the variables controlling the physics--also, any edits to the .nif/.xml between re-equipt loads will show, so it's useful for testing purposes!). That should work. I have not tested the earrings on multiple characters (like followers and other NPCs) wearing them, but if it works, then please confirm on this topic.

Though this project was a quickie, I may implement the process to other projects I want to work on.... which has to do with hair... maybe jiggly afros or something... But that's whenever I have the time for it.

In the mean time, enjoy!

I have no HDT effect, Im using 10.24 .dll

Ah, I have only tested using the version from 2014_02-22--v10-24 may be too old to recognize the .xml format (there was a tweak in the later version of the plug-in which reads the values differently. I would suggest using the latest version of HDT_PE, if possible. I'm not sure if I'll be able to roll back and make compatibility for older versions, but I'll take it into consideration if it becomes a common issue. I hope this helps!

i've tried 14.28 version and not motion on these.  which specific version is needed?

I am currently using the "2014_02-22" version (or maybe it's listed as 14.22, though I'm not sure. I don't think I have ever tried the lastest version yet, though assuming the variables are handled the same, it should work. Try other versions and see if they work better for you.

I use 14-28 and the earrings have physics.  Their physics bugs/glitches out, though.  The earrings eventually get separated from the ears and then get stuck in odd angles or they vibrate constantly.

Yes, the physics can do that, but it's very rare for me. Again, I have yet to test "v14.28", but I assume it's how the plug-in handles the numbers a little differently. Try to un-quip and re-equip the earrings if you want them to reset back to their default starting conditions. It could also be the collisions if you have that enabled. The fix for this should be simple as all it requires is editing the .xml file to be better compatible with all the other HDT_PE settings you have going on, and there shouldn't be any issues with the mod itself.

I haven't gotten to test the earrings with  collisions thoroughly though, so posting any results or better .xml values will be helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect!  I've been hoping someone would make something like these.   Thank you!

PERFECT, Perfect, perfect...okay 1 small criticism  :)   Or maybe a question:  Aren't earrings normally in slot 43?

I already changed them to 43 for myself in the Creation Kit, because they were conflicting with the body straps from the Brokefoot mashup, so I'm good.  Just asking.

I really like the physics on these.  You get some nice movement without it being too much.  Great job!

Perfect!  I've been hoping someone would make something like these.   Thank you!

PERFECT, Perfect, perfect...okay 1 small criticism   :)   Or maybe a question:  Aren't earrings normally in slot 43?

I already changed them to 43 for myself in the Creation Kit, because they were conflicting with the body straps from the Brokefoot mashup, so I'm good.  Just asking.

I really like the physics on these.  You get some nice movement without it being too much.  Great job!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like them.

Okay, cool, thanks for letting me know. I checked the earrings and they seem to take up slot 48 (for misc/FX). You are free to use slot 43 (for ears), though I didn't change the occupied slot from Vioxsis' original .esp. Unless there's a conflict using slot 48, I would personally keep them at slot 48 so it can allow for stacking with items that take up slot 43. Of course, another advantage of having them on slot 43 though would be that it's easier to swap other items that occupy the same slot (as well as avoid conflicts as you mentioned).

Thanks again!

The right side earring clips into the face the whole time, odd :(

I'm sorry to hear. I can't really help with that if I don't know your setup as it could be one of many things (such as custom face mesh/morphs and custom animations, or even custom HDT_PE variables like name clash or custom collision values, if possible) that affect the positioning of the earrings. In-game though, the way the earring bones are set up, they should follow the position, orientation, and scale of the character's head, and a secondary set of bones should alter the rotational values for the earrings based on the HDT physics.

Again, I haven't tested this for the latest HDT Physics plugin, so I am unsure if there was a radical change that altered how the physics of the earrings work. If and when I have the time to duplicate the issue, I may look into it. Otherwise, if you know how to use the Just For Fun tool, you are more than welcome to use that and edit the hoop earring's .xml variables to your liking. If it's a collision issue, you might be able to turn off the earring's collision, or collision group, or change it's values to fit the values that suit your setup.

Sorry I can't immediately solve the issue, but I hope what I mentioned helps!

I'm betting SJBlack is using XP32's HDT ponytail.  I ran into pretty much the same issue when I used them together:  1 earring bashing into my character's face.

I assumed it was collision and moved on to a non-HDT hairstyle.  There are other HDT hairstyles out there that don't come near the earrings and they work fine together.  They just don't suit my current character's style.

Definitely not my area of expertise, but turning off collision seems like it might result in the earrings swinging freely through your head and neck, which would seem even more odd.

• 6 months later...

Hi Jacques,

Firstly, thank you for these great physics-enabled earrings! They look awesome, and the way they move around is very realistic. Together with my physics-enabled hair and armor, my Skyrim is transformed! You can see all this in action here: http://youtu.be/D4ZDWA8JzNM.

Secondly, how can I make them enchantable? They don't have any enchantment on them now, but I enchanted them in-game and the description of the enchantments never appeared, although they do now have a little lightning symbol next to them in my inventory and they do NOT appear in my list of items to enchant when I look for them in the Enchanting Table items list. However, my stats don't change when I put them on, so somehow the game thinks they ARE enchanted (the lightning bolt and their absence from the enchantable items list) and at the same time, NOT enchanted (the enchantment descriptions don't show up and my stats don't change.)

Obviously, something is wrong here. I looked at them in the CK and I can't find any place where I can change them from unenchantable to enchantable. I'm not asking you to change anything, but I would appreciate it if you or someone would give me a hint as to where to go in the CK to fix this for myself.

Thanks.

EDIT to add: I fixed it! The problem was, there was a Description entry for the gold hoops that said "Large gold hoop earrings." and similar for the silver ones. I removed the descriptions in the CK and VOILA! The enchantments I put on them not only show up now but my stats increase as well when I put them on! WOOT! :D

EDIT to add: I fixed it! The problem was, there was a Description entry for the gold hoops that said "Large gold hoop earrings." and similar for the silver ones. I removed the descriptions in the CK and VOILA! The enchantments I put on them not only show up now but my stats increase as well when I put them on! WOOT! 

Hm, that's weird--I guess that is a unintended function in the game I was not aware of because I've been having that issue with a lot of the items I make through the CK. I never really needed to enchant an item, so I didn't see it as a big deal, but it was annoying seeing an item that isn't enchanted being labelled as such. I'm glad you found a solution to the issue. I guess I'll avoid adding descriptions directly to wearable items in the future. Thanks for pointing that out!

I'll go ahead and post your video on the first post.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please help me? I tried both 14.28 and 10.24, but the earrings are still static.

edit

Never mind I used HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie) and hdt 14.28, and it worked! It really looks nice in game, I love how it moves slowly when moving slowly, and moves fast when moving fast. The motion is almost very real. Can you make version for males, I find it strange that it becomes small when males wear it. This would be very useful for pirate male characters or crossdressing males.

• 4 years later...
On 12/14/2014 at 6:34 PM, WarsunGames said:

Sorry i was too distracted by that frigging awesome Armor!What the hell is that armor an where can i get it?

I know it's 5 years later, and I'm necro-ing the thread, but I just now saw this- had you quoted me instead of just posting this "in the dark" I would've received a notification and answered you within 24 hours.

It's the Draconic Bloodline Armor from the Nexus. Glad you like it.

Archived