because you already know ;)

But Sexout can do more, if we can get together to resolve an issue that's been open for a while now.
Over time, new blood and new techniques have opened up some very nice possibilities. Case in point are the animations that amra72 has been making since the end of last year.

Do we want some of that? Of course we do. So why haven't we added them to sexout itself? Well, the system when it was set up and as it got improved on over time didn't take into account penis animation, which presents a few problems in combining amra's with the ones we already have. There are also some more minor issues, detailed below.

If you know your way around a nif or kf, have a basic understanding of calling a sexout act, or wouldn't mind putting in whatever time you can spare to test some things in-game, we really need you. [/sad puppy face]

Issue no.1 : we need a thoroughly compatible 'reset' anim, that moves a penis bone that was animated during the previous new anim back to a 'neutral' state where it won't mess up a following old anim that expects it to be where it always was. I hear an attempt was made to make it so, and NG's latest beta seems to call it on the actors, but there's little news on if it works or not. Somebody ought to check that out.

the animation does not reset the penis bone to it's default orientation and scale after the animation is done. What this means is that after one of amra's animations plays, if the penis was scaled or moved, it remains in its final state when the next animation starts. If *that* animation does not use the penis bone (and none of them in vanilla sexout do, because only roberts has it -- breeze's doesn't), then it is going to be in some random state for every subsequent animation until another Amra animation runs again.

We've played with adding the penis to the reset animation but I am not sure if it's working.

I suppose this is SexoutNGReset = Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\XXXAnims\reset.kf ?

Issue no.2 : For that, they'd probably need Amra's replacement meshes for breeze/robert's male bodies, which have adjusted penis positions to work with his anims. The problem is they don't work with the other anims.

Amra changed the penis size/position in the meshes, if I don't use his meshes, none of the animations will be properly aligned. <snip> If I do use his meshes, then every other sexout animation becomes misaligned.

So what's to do here? The Amra anims need some positioning offsets to work well with regular Breeze/Robert's? And people should first test this with regular Roberts because Breeze doesn't have bone yet (see issue 3), and obviously be aware of the current no-reset or maybe-no-reset (issue 1)? I expect to be corrected when wrong. ;)

This may need something of a test esp, and astymma's positioning mod, but is very doable for most of us who wouldn't know a bone from a node or whatever the lingo is...

Issue no.3: Regular erect Breeze has no penis bone that's weight-painted to astymma's skeleton like regular Robert's has, so it can't work with the bone-bending stuff, even if the reset and offset stuff is solved! Aw man, get the poor Breeze guys some bone!

(If you couldn't tell by now, I don't know anything about any of this :) )

Issue no 4: In my view, if all this gets fixed, the new anims need adding to NG as new anims. They'll need anim numbers and categories/number ranges to put them in. Not a big deal. (Only if they have separate numbers in NG things like spunk can adapt, so we really need to end up with non-replacing, new anims.)

Some more questions:
- what's people's experience with some of these new anims that were added to SexoutSex? Did they happen to luck out on non-penis changing anims and a swift bodysuit exchange or something?
- how many of these anims really do twist and turn that poor penis? Are there any that are exempt and only need some offsets to work with regular Robert's as they are?

My main problem with sexout is ( and I completely redid my  Cheyenne follower because of it) is the issue where actors having sex often get stuck in anims forever if you leave the cell.  I suspect this is more an FNV issue than a sexout issue though.  I came up with work arounds that fixed it, but they were very script intensive and not practical ( I was also afraid Prideslayer would hunt me down and kill me if I didn'

t remove them).  I honestly don't have the knowledge to know what causes the issues despite being able to create some work around hacks that fix them.

Honestly I think they work better as replacers.

If they were simply added to the main file, you would get a situation where some anims are clunky and robotic while others are fluid and organic.

The old anims are fine and work as intended but when you see one of them play, then one of amra's the contrast is quite jarring.

oh man shardoom are you still at it..

Anyway. if you really want to solve this puzzle. you need to create new reset animation with the compatibility skeleton. import the animation then export it back out.

That should at least force the reset to happening to any animation that don't use the penis bones to force them in normal erect state.

other then that you still have one possibility but it won't be pretty import the normal sexout animation with astyma then export it back out. now they should work normally.

Also can someone show screen shot of how the animation looks currently when amra animation is used and then vanilla animation ??

i don't use amra animation since i am only using my own. So i do not see any error like is pointed out above. At least not in my game.

oh man shardoom are you still at it..

Anyway. if you really want to solve this puzzle. you need to create new reset animation with the compatibility skeleton. import the animation then export it back out.

That should at least force the reset to happening to any animation that don't use the penis bones to force them in normal erect state.

other then that you still have one possibility but it won't be pretty import the normal sexout animation with astyma then export it back out. now they should work normally.

Also can someone show screen shot of how the animation looks currently when amra animation is used and then vanilla animation ??

i don't use amra animation since i am only using my own. So i do not see any error like is pointed out above. At least not in my game.

You're missing out. ;)

I think Amra's animations are not overwriting yours' at all. I'm using the beta and your anims are playing as they should. Amra's are mostly replacing the really old ones.

As thankful as I was for having those, I'm also very glad someone took up the challenge and reimagined them. The reason we all mod is to replace or add an experience we were either not happy with or that we wanted to see in the game. I'm not really sure why you so vehemently defend these old animations all over the place and I'm not really sure why we should keep them. It's as if someone told prideslayer not to change or add anything about sexout at all, when he took over from UDLR. Pride took over because UDLR wasn't around anymore and he improved or reimagined upon the foundation that was laid before him. It's the same with the animators who made the original animations. No one thinks less of UDLR, Donkey, Beck, etc. but they are either gone and/or not actively developing for sexout anymore. But that doesn't mean the rest of us isn't thankful for what they did and I don't think they would want us to stop working on improving what they started (if they care at all that is).

RE: Sexout Beta and penis position

I've been using the beta for quite some time now and the penis was always pointing in the right direction for me. :lol: I'm using Robert's and Amra's replacer + his robert fix. I've noticed some "out-of-sync" issues with dman's new anims a little more than usual, but I think that is beta related. There was also some unnatural twisting going on with some of them, which could be related to the penis position change. I'll try to reproduce some of those and find out the exact anim numbers. 

I wasn't doing it to defend the older animation. As matter of fact i have all of mine replaced with my own work. It is just the tone some of these new newbies use that i was pointing out.

indeed you don't say to prideslayer he can't change the code, but you don't say to pridieslayer either that his coding sucks and could be better optimized even though you don't posses any knowledge of coding either do you ?? that is what was happening here.

This is just a simple quote what i was pointing at.

I will openly and freely give people praise/endorsement/kudos etc when the work is worthy of it.

I won't blow smoke up peoples arse's though. Even if I'm not personally capable of doing better, that doesn't automatically make it 'good'. You know?

What he saying here, he can openly tell pridelsayer his coding sucks even though he can't code himself ?? How is that constructive ??

Well, newbies are newbies and trolls are trolls. :D

And you are absolutely right, some comments were a bit out of line. Nevertheless, even if someone is not as good as someone else in coding, animating, etc. they have the right to say if something doesn't work, something doesn't work as it should or that they like one feature over another, etc. And to say "I like x's anims better than y's" is okay too. It's not that we had much choice before, so we're really lucky now that we have two capable animators at the same time. ;)

To me there's no doubt that every anim needs to have its own number. Us modders need to know what anim a particular number stands for, whether we're in the business of starting it (content mods) or detecting it (functionality mods). If individual users want to switch out some anims for others, there's nothing we can do to stop them, but it can't be the default situation where number X can stand for anything.The new anims need to be added to NG proper so that different mods can use them and not rely on the temporary number range, which by definition is non-lasting.

Whether a whole bunch of older anims may eventually be replaced isn't an issue at this time, there still aren't enough to replace them with, and I'm sure not interested in a neverending discussion about which ones can stay, which ones can go, who has the right to an opinion on any of it, and how said opinion should be expressed. Seems to me this can be easily covered by some eventual changes in NG's scripting, where at least the randomizer script can choose from all anims, or give preference to the new ones, depending on some mcm option, so that everyone can be satisfied. And individual mods can use any anim's specific number to call it directly, as long as there's only one anim that can be that number. Ain't no thing, replacement is unnecessary, and the idea of it throws us off course talking about sensibilities and conduct rather than solving the technical issues.  We need the resource side and offset side sorted out first.

@Bruce:

I've been using the beta for quite some time now and the penis was always pointing in the right direction for me. :lol: I'm using Robert's and Amra's replacer + his robert fix.

This is encouraging news. Can people confirm, preferably by alternating some of the more 'bendy' of amra's anims with a few of the regular ones?

Thanks for the post. Sorry it took so long to get to it. SAN nightmare (ongoing) at work, still fighting with it in fact. So probably no FOMM or Sexout updates this weekend. :(

Anyone is free to tell me I suck at anything. They aren't going to hurt my feelings. However, if you wan't something done/looked-at/fixed, you catch more flies with honey as the saying goes. ;)

Strapons are... rigid, and they're equipped as clothing, so they can't work with penis-bending anims, I'd say.

Actually if they're weight painted to the penis bone they should work just fine, just like bouncing breasts.

As for the reset kf, there are two issues there I think.

1. We do need the reset file. The one we have from Amra *may* work. IIRC the person that tested it out didn't check first to see if the old one that it replaced was actually used by sexout, and I discovered it wasn't. It was only used by the long-gone reset gun, I think, or maybe I had a typo in the SexoutReset filename... or maybe both. My point is just that the animation file alone may work fine, but just wasn't actually tested.

2. If it doesn't work then yes, we need a new one.

Thanks for the post. Sorry it took so long to get to it. SAN nightmare (ongoing) at work, still fighting with it in fact. So probably no FOMM or Sexout updates this weekend. :(

Anyone is free to tell me I suck at anything. They aren't going to hurt my feelings. However, if you wan't something done/looked-at/fixed, you catch more flies with honey as the saying goes. ;)

Eh, I just figured things had a better chance at moving if it was centralized. That said, other than breaking out the pom-poms and yelling "Go team!" there's not much I can do here, and I should really iron out some things in Spunk so that Hal doesn't have anything to fear from making Pregnancy dependent on it. Been slacking off some there, with a couple of months of sleep deprivation and assorted illnesses behind me, and in combination with some family crises, that has my irritation level a little elevated - people may have picked up on that. So, not much honey left these days. But I'm much more in "let's get this done" mode than in a butting heads or pointing fingers mode. The way I see it, although we're all busy and some of this is pretty specialized, we have enough people in-house to get this sorted, if we can rally around it.

Actually if they're weight painted to the penis bone they should work just fine, just like bouncing breasts.

See how useless I am?

As for the reset kf, there are two issues there I think.

1. We do need the reset file. The one we have from Amra *may* work. IIRC the person that tested it out didn't check first to see if the old one that it replaced was actually used by sexout, and I discovered it wasn't. It was only used by the long-gone reset gun, I think, or maybe I had a typo in the SexoutReset filename... or maybe both. My point is just that the animation file alone may work fine, but just wasn't actually tested.

2. If it doesn't work then yes, we need a new one.

Well, I do see a 'ActorAetc.playidle SexoutNGReset' in your beta's base effect script. Now that the ng beta playidles it, a tester should replace Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\XXXAnims\reset.kf with the kf from amra's thread.

(I hope that works on the playerref too, you can't playerref.playidle, but I never got around to trying set actor to playerref, and then actor.playidle. If it all does work, I'll wager there's probably no longer any need for the dropping down bit, which would facilitate easy sequencing from foreplay to sex, and other multi-stage functionalities, no?)

with a couple of months of sleep deprivation and assorted illnesses behind me, and in combination with some family crises

I disapprove.  ಠ_ಠ    I order you to cease and desist with such nonsense right now.  No more feeling bad for you, mister.