start

alexandrox

Frankly' date=' this whole situation concerns me. There's an awful lot of face-palming that needs to be said here.

[b']1.)[/b] My sympathies to you, alexandrox, but it's one thing when a mod/modder gets banned, but when the author voluntarily bans himself and removes his mod for something as selfish as his feelings being hurt, then that is ridiculous. It sounds like you're running away. You don't want to deal with the problems, so instead of settling for the status quo or finding solutions, you made it inconvenient on everyone by removing the source of the issues entirely.

2.) You caved into the trolls. Congratulations, the trolls won. Now, tens of thousands who enjoyed your content, no longer can due to the loud voices of a few clouding out the quiet voices of the many. You greatly exaggerated how many people hated on your mod. If you would have read between the lines, you would have discovered the majority approved of your content and are grateful for your modding expertise. The amount of support that is pouring in is a testament to this.

SOLUTION: I'm not saying you needed to keep updating the mod, but at the very least, you need to set things right and share the current content that you have and open your content up for others. Modding communities do not thrive out of selfishness. Fix this issue, because while many will not admit it like I have, you just pissed off a ton of people.

This proves my point in another thread about Nexus.

With respect to alexandrox, I have a quoted post I made from that thread. I know it sounds harsh, but it isn't aimed at him, just at the Nexus 'community' (implying they even have a community) in general.

Isn't there a rep system where comments like that are voted down by the community? I've seen comments like that voted down and hidden relatively quickly which shows that the community at least supports the modder's product. So to get prissy over a hidden voted down comment is nonsensical. Why would they be bothered by a comment like that if the community as a whole votes that guy down to show support? Are the modders that overly-sensitive if they don't get 100% approval?

I've hardly hidden any of those comments I get for my adult artwork. I like to keep them around (and I don't even reply to them either) so that people can see how retarded that comment is.

It's not about having a thick or thin skin, it's about knowing what comments matter to you and knowing what your fans and community want. Getting bothered by one or two troll comments just goes to show how deeply invested one's ego is in their own mods. Why is it so difficult to just make a mod for their own enjoyment? Why do they need outside approval in order to enjoy a mod in their singleplayer game?

If (for whatever reason) everyone hates it, so what? It's your mod, for your game, for your enjoyment. Sharing it with everyone else and wether they like it is entirely optional and only serves as icing on the cake.

The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. The purpose of trolling is to create a reaction from someone, but if they are ignored, then they will go away.

Ignonring didn't work. It's like bully. keep ignoring a bully and he will become worse. You have to standup to them only when they know you are not affraid. They will leave.

Bullying is a poor analogy to compare this to. The modder himself is completely anonymous and if he needs to get away from the heat all he needs to do is step away from the computer.

Your analogy doesn't fit because for every one 'bully' this modder gets there are at least 50 people who are against the bully backing alexandrox up.

So he removes the mod, that sure showed the troll who's boss, but now he's screwed over the 50 other people who have supported him the whole way. I dare to ask, who's the real bully here?

There's nothing to be gained from 'standing up' to anyone over the internet, because none of it matters. If his anonymous reputation (yes, anonymous, because nobody knows his real name in real life) matters so much to him, then it's time he took a break from using the internet as a means to socialize.

Trolls have no real power over the mods, all they can do is type nonsense in the comments section, and nothing will happen. This is a likely scenario:

1. Will the troll comments affect people downloading the mod? No.

2. Will the troll comments affect the site moderators to remove the mod? No.

3. Will the troll comments affect public opinion about the modder? No.

4. Will the troll comments affect the ego of the modder? Yes. If they are that sensitive to one small troll comment buried for every other thousand they get as praise.

Nexus, and the internet in general is a wide open place for trolling to happen anywhere. It's using the internet 101, so I'm quite sure the modder knew what he was getting himself into the moment he plugs in his modem.

Everyone gets trolled from time to time while using the internet, the only difference is that most people eventually wise up and get emotionally mature enough to realize that it's not important and that it can't directly harm you.

I'm probably going to go as far to agree with ReMeDy, that alexandrox is an intelligent and gifted person, but he's not an emotionally mature individual.

Guest Donkey

i know your trying to lure out an argument now. but i won't give you the satifcation. first of just because you can stand up what trolls do to you, well that is great for you .. But as you can see not everyone is the same. Yes only a few is needed to ruin things for everyone else. And then in the end it does not matter if 50 is for him. The troll just chased alaxdrox away.

And that is what stands.

Lately if have seen more and more trolls attacking modders and more of them dissapeared on daily basis.

i know your trying to lure out an argument now. but i won't give you the satifcation. first of just because you can stand up what trolls do to you' date=' well that is great for you .. But as you can see not everyone is the same. Yes only a few is needed to ruin things for everyone else. And then in the end it does not matter if 50 is for him. The troll just chased alaxdrox away.

And that is what stands.

Lately if have seen more and more trolls attacking modders and more of them dissapeared on daily basis.

[/quote']

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I believe your reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense.

The main thing I was trying to say is that alexandrox had the real power to decide the fate of his WiS mod, and not the trolls.

He could choose to ignore the trolls, or he could choose the easy way out and betray his supporters. Unfortunately he chose the latter.

I personally don't like trolling, but I also don't see alexandrox's temper tantrums as being any better either. As much as I'd like to see trolling go away, I'd also don't want to encourage an environment of 'spoilt children' (for the lack of a more polite description) that can't handle the most trivial of life's challenges.

It's the same reason why I try to help out newcomers looking for mods, but I also don't want to give away links (that could have been easily Googled) all the time because I don't want to encourage laziness.

I'm probably going to go as far to agree with ReMeDy' date='[/b'] that alexandrox is an intelligent and gifted person, but he's not an emotionally mature individual.

No! Don't go THAT far! Anything but that! :D

The main thing I was trying to say is that alexandrox had the real power to decide the fate of his WiS mod' date=' and not the trolls.

He could choose to ignore the trolls, or he could choose the easy way out and betray his supporters. [b']Unfortunately he chose the latter.

Amen to that. It sounds to me like Alexandrox just hated humans for a day and wanted to purge their existence.

In the anime/manga, Berserk, we call that "pulling a Griffith." Just because you're in a bad mood toward certain individuals doesn't mean you should sacrifice everyone.

i try to explain better but is difficult for me Because english is not my native language:

when i start modding, i have GREAT positive energy, this energy give me ideas, give me the capacity to learn fast the script system of costruction kit, the rule of construction kits, work very fast with this energy.

BUT:

negative comment stolen this energy, and i have less ideas, less creativity, and work slow, VERY SLOW.

BUT: more negative comments (100 people who complain ( in only two week ) for bugs and not make a good istallation BUT I PUT A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FOR ISTALLATION: () this STOLEN MY ENERGY VERY FAST, very fast energy stolen offend me:BUT i need to read the comment, because i am alone at last, and read all ( FOR TRY TO SUPPORT ), BUT this is my end, Because my energy no Longer exists.

Now until the recovered energy "and I do not know how to retrieve this energy" stop modding! but not only that, and here I swear, I stopped playing Skyrim.

Delete my mod on NEXUS community, not a middle finger to those who supported me, but a desperate attempt to drive away the anger that is born from the end of my energy.

"VAMPIRES" (people frustrated) drain me all the energy in less than 2 month :

remember this: i work for free, and work very HARD ( i upload and improve my mod every week), only for share one thing for me beautiful : and were is the respect for me ?

only my energie drain... this is for me very very sad.

I hope now you can understand me better.

EXPLAIN SYSTEM IN SYMPLE MODE : READ THIS PLS

- WHEN I START WARS IN SKYRIM I -

- EGO START : 0 ( i not think i am a good modder )

-ENERGY START : 100 my total energy ( give me creativity and ideas )

troll comment : complain and joke me only because is frustrated: effect : - 1 my energy

users who like and enjoy my mod and respect me : give me a nice feedback on comment : + 1 my EGO ( NOT MY ENERGY )

HERE IS ENERGY AND CREATIVITY WHO PUSH ME TO DO THE MOD !

ENERGY TELL ME : GO ALEX CREATE A BEAUTIFUL THING FOR ALL.

after 2 mounth

- WHEN I DELETE WARS IN SKYRIM IV -

MY ENERGY : -1000 ( VERY SAD , NO ONE IDEA , ONLY THE DEPRESSION ! )

MY EGO : +5000 ( I THINK I AM A VERY GOOD MODDER )

HERE IS EGO AND jealousy WHO PUSH ME TO DO THE MOD !

AND EGO TELL ME : GO ALEX MORE ENDORSE GO YOU WIN THE NEXUS COMPETITION ! YOU ARE THE BEST GO ! GO !

---- BUT FOCUS ON THIS PLS !!!!! ON THIS !

BUT MY BEAUTIFUL THING IS DEATH : THIS , AND ONLY THIS IS IMPORTANT AND I LOST IT FOR TROLL AND VAMPIRE: AND I NOT HAVE THE POWER FOR GET IT BACK : THIS MAKE ME SAD ! BECAUSE MY ENERGI IS LOSS !

i hope you understand me now

and in the nexus forum no one admin i think have understand this system : BECAUSE IF YOU GIVE THE POWER AT MOD CREATOR TO delete or ban the troll ( ONLY BAN ON FORUM MOD PAGE ) you can help the modder to save more energy : and the community grow better , and more fast.

( REPEAT ONLY BAN ON FORUM MOD PAGE ( PAGE FORUM OF WARS IN SKYRIM FOR EXAMPLE : THE TROLL CAN DOWNLOAD WARS IN SKYRIM , BUT NOT WRITE MORE IN MY FORUM ! DAMN ! WHY NO DO THIS ? IS SYMPLE ! )

Guest Donkey

Alexandrox if you ever regain your energy to start modding. Never upload to nexus. That place is filled with trolls. That is why many dissapeared from that site.

The only thing i fear is the low capacity from Ashal to bann real trolls. If those guys ever get here they won't be banned.. I have already see that for several users here.

Wolflore would be better place for non adult mods.

"The only thing i fear is the low capacity from Ashal to bann real trolls. If those guys ever get here they won't be banned.. I have already see that for several users here."

Yes by the comments I read here on loverslab: I see that many people prefer to judge me, even before they understand me: I do not like that attitude.

Oh... My Gosh... Alexandrox. I love your mods. You have done great works for Free. Do not try to keep those trollers in your mind. Or You will never get free by those trollers even in your real life. Try to keep smiling. Or take a deep breath. Those may help you little.

I never wanted to come back to loverslab after what I've gone through recently. I don't play skyrim anymore like you. I start feeling that everyone is watching me and making fun of me. I'm very scared before I do postings.

But you are not alone out there. Don't forget there are people who can understand you. And i'm not here to judge anybody.

thx for your comment, and thx for try to understand me.

the point is simply : the community born only if all can take each others positive energy.

but at last i think not can exist a community of gamers, is only a utopy: because the games are like hypnosis at the end, are a non-thought, and when you finish playing "after hours" you're always hungry and sad.

an excessive pc gaming produced the trolls... is my opinion.

I think that is a choice for the moment, maybe in a future we will se again WiS but for now let alexandrox rest for a while, maybe playng skyrim ;)

As ever Alexandrox, you are the best modder on the Nexus, the people are only jelaus of your work ;)

Alexandrox, please read. I sign up to tell you....

1. Thousands of endorsements and grateful fans is positive energy. It is energy that make it worth it to be modder.

2. Not everybody trying to troll. Many new people to the game, don't know about mod conflicts etc. They don't know, many of them complain if it not work, if you read ALL, then yes depressing, but understand because they are new/young/don't understand.

3. Maybe you pushed yourself too hard, needed a vacation. You are right, sitting on computer too long not healthy, but gaming community is healthy when we understand ourselves, and how to be happy.

4. Sometimes we make a choice when we are angry but next day we regret. It is okay, we are human. I am sad about issue, you are like modding hero to me. Mind must be like white paper, pure and creative. Don't take comments in heart, do the mod because it is fun FOR YOU!

Peace and love, please enjoy your vacation. You deserve this and more for your hard work and nice personality all this time.

Thats why it is very hard to ignore trolls, with thousands of endorsements your ego basicaly explodes and not everyone can shake that off, alexandrox confirmed it himself in his post, therefore just one negative comment can destroy all the energy and will to continue.

All we can do is just accept his decision and hope he gets back the energy and will.

All I say is don't give up. People can be cruel, don't give them the satisfaction of winning. We can protest and get the trolls banned......

You are strong and better!!

Don't let them control your life with negative comments.

This is your "DREAM" and giving up, isn't an option.

Hope this helps

@DianaDNA

you make me glad... you sing up here only for write me: thx for this , very kind gift for my soul.

"1. Thousands of endorsements and grateful fans is positive energy. It is energy that make it worth it to be modder."

yes is true:

troll comment = -10 enery

grateful fans comment = +1 energy +1 ego

the troll win , because troll no have art or talent, ONLY ONE, and put it in the comments! and his talent is shining and perfect like diammond: hate !

"2. Not everybody trying to troll. Many new people to the game, don't know about mod conflicts etc. They don't know, many of them complain if it not work, if you read ALL, then yes depressing, but understand because they are new/young/don't understand."

9500 comments = 500 comment of troll : is true ... and sad ... 500 is enough.

"3. Maybe you pushed yourself too hard, needed a vacation. You are right, sitting on computer too long not healthy, but gaming community is healthy when we understand ourselves, and how to be happy."

yes i push me too hard... but only because i see in my mind the beauty, i kill myself for this.

"4. Sometimes we make a choice when we are angry but next day we regret. It is okay, we are human. I am sad about issue, you are like modding hero to me. Mind must be like white paper, pure and creative. Don't take comments in heart, do the mod because it is fun FOR YOU!"

I have not regret: i read on skyrim nexus forum a comment of admin in a thred for wars in skyrim iv : i copy and past here:@bben46 moderator of nexus

"Unfortunately, we cannot ban a troll until after they troll. :rolleyes: By then the author has already seen the post.

BTW ANYONE can report a troll on any topic. It doesn't have to be the author. There is a little yellow diamond on the left side of EVERY post - click on that to report. The staff is not always line - Some of actually have a life outside of The Nexus. So please don't expect an instant response to a report. We will get to it soon."

ISTANT RESPONSE !!!!!!!! YOU JOKE ME ???? 5 report in one week ( i report three time a troll who call me idiot ) AND NO ONE ADMIN COME IN FORUM !

WHY IGNORE ME ? pls one answer me ? WHY IGNORE ME ?

and now a moderator write this false things !

i not return in nexus : no more now... no after i read this...

"Peace and love, please enjoy your vacation. You deserve this and more for your hard work and nice personality all this time."

peace and love... deception

@Remy

i think i write a very bad english... sory but i not can explain me in english.

@Supervn

thx dude for your comment.

but is not my dream, is only a mod, i think i can do a beautiful thing and share, but i am wrong : it's all.

For finish : i work on WiS V but, no more than 1-2 hours every 3 or 4 days... i think finish WiS V ( if i continue to work on modding ) on 2 or 3 mounth : because before i work on mod 4-6 hours every day.

before work very fast, now not work or work slow and less hours.

i not know if i stop or continue... but i think i stop.

it's all.

but if i stop i upload a beta version of Wars in Skyrim V , i don't know where i upload it: maybe in this forum...

good luck all and try to do a good for others and for yourself.

If trolls are really bothering you and you have no energy to develop the mod, then why not put your mod up for public development and allow other people to develop the mod further?

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are willing to build the mod further and are just waiting for the permission. Nobody's really expecting you to one-man this project because we all know that it's not an easy thing to do.

I'll be a bit blunt (or harsh) but I don't understand why you are so keen on being the sole developer of the mod and then becoming upset when you can't handle a few negative comments on your own, then removing the mod, instead of shutting down the comments section. It gives the impression that the modder cares more about his personal ego than the future of the mod project.

I suggest if you can't handle the comments, then it's best to give public permission for the community to develop the mod more and to share the burden among many mod developers. Then, you don't have to deal with what little negative attention you get, and the mod gets to live on, everyone wins.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way as me bashing you or anything, but it's just that your actions recently doesn't make a lot of sense.

Guest Donkey

Shutting down a comment section won't work. Those trolls will just fill up his pm. Witch could be even worse. People abuse the pm allot more and say worse things in them, then when using the comment section. And also you disabling the option for normal users to give out bug reports.

Why don't you start releasing some mods. And then get kind of abuse then return back here, with new welkomce view ??

Right now i get the feeling it far easier for you to give out your opion without ever getting the heat modders are getting.

Shutting down a comment section won't work. Those trolls will just fill up his pm. Witch could be even worse. People abuse the pm allot more and say worse things in them' date=' then when using the comment section. And also you disabling the option for normal users to give out bug reports.

Why don't you start releasing some mods. And then get kind of abuse then return back here, with new welkomce view ??

Right now i get the feeling it far easier for you to give out your opion without ever getting the heat modders are getting.

[/quote']

Donkey, I draw a lot of artwork and often I get commissioned to do artwork for money, and yes my stuff comes under a lot of scrutiny. I don't necessarily need to make mods for Skyrim to experience the same thing alexandrox is going through. From what I've seen, this is not a normal way of handling things.

I know you are trying to defend alexandrox (albeit, blindly) to say the least, it's maybe because you feel he is a fellow modder or perhaps you feel that he has gone through something you once did.

But I've offered a reasonable middle-ground solution for this problem to both save the mod project and save alexandrox's time and energy, everyone benefits.

Another aspect that comes into play we haven't mentioned is Alexandrox's proficiency (or lack thereof) of the English language. I'm not convinced his English skills are sufficient for him to fully interpret comments. After reading though his posts, he makes an honest attempt, but I have my concerns.

That's one reason troll comments may be so problematic -- Trolls typically post quick and easy to interpret one sentence comments, so it's more convenient to gravitate towards those comments while ignoring drawn out praises of others.

There could also be a cultural issue at work. I don't know where Alexandrox lives, but in his country (and or religion), he may interpret English-speaking criticism more harshly than others.

To Alexandrox

Don't listen to the trolls

I know modders such as you spend a lot of times making mods

sometimes working overnight.

They are basically giving up their free times to make a mod that would

improve the gameplay and bring more satisfaction to the players,

VOLENTEERLY.

Because they are using modders' hard works for free, trollers don't deserve to get mad at the modders for not making their satisfactions.

They might suggest modders to improve the mods, but they can't force the modders to do so, and be mad about it when they don't.

My suggestion is that just ignore those bitch asses who know nothing about making mods for themselves or don't even have funtional brain to know how to appreciate.

Hello to you all and hello to you Alex :)

I registered on this site just so I could tell you my thoughts on Wars in Skyrim as a mod.

Don't worry I'm not a troll nor am I going to bash your mod. With that said your mod was the most game-changing mod I have had the privilege to install.

Whenever my friends asked me for a good mod for Skyrim, the first thing I would say to them is "you have to download Wars in Skyrim, it is just that good". For me, Alex, your mod was more then just a plugin, or quick fix. Your mod made Skyrim an RPG that I actually enjoyed playing. The sheer variety and difficulty your mod presented made Skyrim a living, breathing world full of adventure, danger, intrigue, and a mystery a possible certain death around every corner.

Now that you know how I feel about your mod, let me tell you that I'm not the only one who feels this way, you, my friend, have many people like me backing both your mod and your decisions regarding it. Your decision to hide yourself and your mod from the trolls is understandable.

However you must know that your mod is amazing, the work you've done on it is appreciated more then you know, and the potential your mod has is higher then any other mod currently on Nexus (my opinion, a lot of people will agree).

If you're having issues with trolls and assholes, don't fret, your loyal fanbase is behind you 100%. Share your pain with us, don't hid it. If you let us help you deal with the trolls then there is nothing they can say to bring down our spirits. Both myself and the community backing you want you to know you have our FULL support.

If you were to re-release Wars in Skyrim V on Nexus then you have my WORD that every time a troll posts on the comments section I will PERSONALLY cut him down until he's nothing but a bunch of bloody scraps.

That is a promise.

You got nothing to worry about Alex :), Post Wars in Skyrim V on Nexus. Let your fans be your sword and shield! We've got your back as you become one of the greatest Skyrim modders of all time!

If you still don't want to post the mod on Nexus. Than posting on the Steam Workshop might be a better option, people there seem to be nicer and more helpful in their comments to the mod. Steam workshop is also very popular so you would be sure to get many views and downloads :)

Edit: I started a new character on Skyrim without your mod for the first time in months...Skyrim is unplayable now. The challenge..is gone. The variety just isn't there. It's just too easy. Yeah there are difficulty mods but they don't do what yours did.

I really hope your mod will once again grace us gamers, because as of now, I can't play Skyrim without it :(

Dear Alexandrox

While I am sad to see such a nice mod and great modder disappear, I do respect your decision. Its your mod, so you may do what you want with it.

I really like Wars In Skyrim, as it almost did the same to Skyrim what Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul did to Oblivion: It actually made the game a living challenging world.

As for the trolls; I understand insults can hurt a lot. Its not fun to have worked for hours on a mod, only to be insulted. But please keep in mind that a troll is a very insecure person, who can only feel good when he makes others feel bad. Most trolls have not even touched the Creation kit, so they have no right to complain.

There is also an effective method of dealing with trolls:

[spoiler=YouTube Video]

[video=youtube]

I hope that you will continue your great mod someday. If not, I will still enjoy WiS 4,5. Its one of the best mods in my list right now.

Either way, you and your mod are a great asset to the modding community.

take your time alex there are more people who APPRECIATE your hard work for this mod , you got very popular because of it . the nexus is full of troll and stupid selfish people on the steam community and here loverslab we love you thats why it called loverslab hehe :) . and yes your going to get troll comment your going to get happy comment , everyone who click download for your mod appreciate you . more people are thankful for your hard work and effots

Come on man we need that mod back in skyrim you have more downloads than you had haters on there people hate on what they can't achieve like you did they only wish they could do what you could, this is from a fan who is dire need of your mod again fresh install of the game and forgot to back your mod, your mod was my favorite, your mod make it work playing the game every nite i have older version cause i keep almost every mod but the best mods get saved on my external hard drive and yours was special, dont give what is great, i understand putting time into something and then feeling like its not done and take a break from it,haters are going to hate that is what they, you dont know but they, i dont say troll i haters

Archived