start

alexandrox

omg they deleted it? I believe that was one of the top 10 Skyrim mods of all time!

I wont ask why, but at least Nexus didn't keep the mod to themselves. I say if you ban the user, then the user has the right to remove his or her mod/s as well, so at least Nexus got one thing right.

In any case, yea, we need to get a new link.

omg they deleted it? I believe that was one of the top 10 Skyrim mods of all time!

I wont ask why' date=' but at least Nexus didn't keep the mod to themselves. I say if you ban the user, then the user has the right to remove his or her mod/s as well, so at least Nexus got one thing right.

In any case, yea, we need to get a new link.

[/quote']

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/636703-war-in-skyrim-mod-offline/ from this thread it seems he deleted it himself and closed his account there.

I literally downloaded it about 10 minutes before it disappeared, timing!

If anyone ever needs the latest .rar, in the very sad event he doesn't return to the scene to develop this great mod, hit me up with a PM and I'll find a way to upload it to you.

why i delete all ? and ask to delete and ban my account on nexus ?

1) i start hate the idiotic comments of users " i know ignore is better but i have 9000 comment is difficult ignore 500 or more idiotic comments all the time: the last two week i report 5 time to admin: and NO ONE ON NEXUS COME TO STOP THIS TROLLS invasion "because WiS IV no more translate , but i write in description page now work alone in the mod and loss the translator and installer helperm and have patience, but no one have patience, damn better than drugs dealer : it's real addictive, no one admin help me... and one users who i report offend write idiot ? why offend for free mod with idiot ? is a mod... damn : it's crazy and no one answer my report ... why ?

2) i start hate the mod : too big and i work on it too many hours : it's a work ? no...

3) and 0,1% of community help me 80% ask me new things or fix, or translation : damn i not betsheda is a freemod remember ? U_U

now i spent my time in better way it's all : i stop modding forever

only my sad thing is ... i was going to finish Wars in Skyrim V with slavery script now beta testing, for try to win nexus competition but now i hate all.

and wars in skyrim V stay in beta version only for me.

Wars in Skyrim V beta version :

1) slavery system beta, you can only get slave after combat not sell for now

2) you can buy hero, like mercenary now , and he follow you for 1 day or 1 week

1 day : 2000 money

1 week : 10000 money

3) add 10 heroes and 10 villains new in all the city of tamriel now

4) new monster : like bone dragon

5) vampire , werewolf now spawn at night

6) beta version not stable , you can join the heroes and villain faction and have quest.

I'm very sorry to hear such tragic news, Alex.

That is just how the Internet had always been and will remain to be, teeming with a lot of impatient, ungrateful, and childish people. It is excused that some of them are children who don't know any better, but for some unknown reason, even the actual adults are hard-pressed to act their own age. Not to mention the very passionate trolls who get off at the expense of other people that are at least doing something productive.

I reckon that if you had just settled with hosting the mod here, the reception will be more behaved. Given that majority of the content hosted here on LL are mainly targeted towards adults, people will be more mature and composed than the usual Internet message board which are largely populated by rowdy, nagging children. And even better is the fact that a lot of us here have had at least an experience in modding, so I'm sure that the more talented members will be willing to volunteer and help you work on it.

Deep inside, I still hope that this is not the end for this mod. It just has way too much of a potential to be put to stop this early on in the game. But if you feel that you made the right decision, then I can only say that it was a job well done, at least while it lasted.

Same I am really sorry to hear that. WIS is one of the first mods I dloaded for Skyrim and remains one of my favorites. It kept challenge and fun and made skyrim overall better. I personally never found any bugs (I wasn't really looking for them) except I think a few things weren't in english?(Not sure if that was caused by your mod though) but I could hardly care about that. The good things in WiS GREATLY outweigh the little bad things.

Yes, it's a very big loss for the community. I am sorry to hear about this, I liked your mod ever since it came out too bad I can't update my version any more.

We will value your choice, even though personally I found nothing in the mod to make me dislike it. What's a few errors compared to getting a major IMPROVEMENT on the game's slow pace.

Frankly, this whole situation concerns me. There's an awful lot of face-palming that needs to be said here.

1.) My sympathies to you, alexandrox, but it's one thing when a mod/modder gets banned, but when the author voluntarily bans himself and removes his mod for something as selfish as his feelings being hurt, then that is ridiculous. It sounds like you're running away. You don't want to deal with the problems, so instead of settling for the status quo or finding solutions, you made it inconvenient on everyone by removing the source of the issues entirely.

2.) You caved into the trolls. Congratulations, the trolls won. Now, tens of thousands who enjoyed your content, no longer can due to the loud voices of a few clouding out the quiet voices of the many. You greatly exaggerated how many people hated on your mod. If you would have read between the lines, you would have discovered the majority approved of your content and are grateful for your modding expertise. The amount of support that is pouring in is a testament to this.

SOLUTION: I'm not saying you needed to keep updating the mod, but at the very least, you need to set things right and share the current content that you have and open your content up for others. Modding communities do not thrive out of selfishness. Fix this issue, because while many will not admit it like I have, you just pissed off a ton of people.

Frankly' date=' this whole situation concerns me. There's an awful lot of face-palming that needs to be said here.

[b']1.)[/b] My sympathies to you, alexandrox, but it's one thing when a mod/modder gets banned, but when the author voluntarily bans himself and removes his mod for something as selfish as his feelings being hurt, then that is ridiculous. It sounds like you're running away. You don't want to deal with the problems, so instead of settling for the status quo or finding solutions, you made it inconvenient on everyone by removing the source of the issues entirely.

2.) You caved into the trolls. Congratulations, the trolls won. Now, tens of thousands who enjoyed your content, no longer can due to the loud voices of a few clouding out the quiet voices of the many. You greatly exaggerated how many people hated on your mod. If you would have read between the lines, you would have discovered the majority approved of your content and are grateful for your modding expertise. The amount of support that is pouring in is a testament to this.

SOLUTION: I'm not saying you needed to keep updating the mod, but at the very least, you need to set things right and share the current content that you have and open your content up for others. Modding communities do not thrive out of selfishness. Fix this issue, because while many will not admit it like I have, you just pissed off a ton of people.

This proves my point in another thread about Nexus.

With respect to alexandrox, I have a quoted post I made from that thread. I know it sounds harsh, but it isn't aimed at him, just at the Nexus 'community' (implying they even have a community) in general.

Isn't there a rep system where comments like that are voted down by the community? I've seen comments like that voted down and hidden relatively quickly which shows that the community at least supports the modder's product. So to get prissy over a hidden voted down comment is nonsensical. Why would they be bothered by a comment like that if the community as a whole votes that guy down to show support? Are the modders that overly-sensitive if they don't get 100% approval?

I've hardly hidden any of those comments I get for my adult artwork. I like to keep them around (and I don't even reply to them either) so that people can see how retarded that comment is.

It's not about having a thick or thin skin, it's about knowing what comments matter to you and knowing what your fans and community want. Getting bothered by one or two troll comments just goes to show how deeply invested one's ego is in their own mods. Why is it so difficult to just make a mod for their own enjoyment? Why do they need outside approval in order to enjoy a mod in their singleplayer game?

If (for whatever reason) everyone hates it, so what? It's your mod, for your game, for your enjoyment. Sharing it with everyone else and wether they like it is entirely optional and only serves as icing on the cake.

The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. The purpose of trolling is to create a reaction from someone, but if they are ignored, then they will go away.

Yes, the Nexus trolls are also to blame, but since it was Alexandrox who pressed the self-destruct button, I'm ultimately directing my face-palm at him.

I'm sure he knew the consequences. He's an intelligent-minded adult, and his mod is a testament to his hard-working character. Instead, with everything I'm reading from him and others, it sounds like he's just a gifted 12-year old. There were several better options he could have embraced than his ultimate approach. Now tens of thousands of loyal fans are paying the price; forced to either migrate off the mod or ask others for mirrors.

The trolls are certainly laughing their way to the bank on this one!

Well, aside from arguing left and right. It is his decision to delete the file. It is quite selfish, but, in order to heal his own wounds, he would have to purge the source of pain. You must understand that.... At least the fun continues. Let him move on, because if you don't, you're only face-palming to yourself. Soo

tumblr_m1xrt2oXoq1qa8dl1.jpg

I think it was/is one of the best ever released and was very well though out and 95%+ of users obviously agreed or they wouldn't have downloaded it and endorsed it so much. It added greatly to Skyrim in ways other mods just couldn't. Personally I don't understand someone who is bothered by neg comments from people on an internet forum, who gives a **** what they think. Nearly all the most well received mods have idiots who post negative remarks mostly out of pure envy that they lack the talent and imagination to create them.

1)Why not shut down all comments and just receive PMs from people pointing out errors/bugs? That way avoids people who whine about updates or just post hateful remarks for the sake of it. Problem solved.

2)Keep the discussion to your own website and have your own mods to clean up any nonsense.

3)Probably close to a half-million people enjoyed this...

4)It is actually quite insulting to all those who helped and it was pretty much the most desired mod on the nexus. If the creator doesn't want anything to do with it fine, but why not let others take over who aren't sensetive to the comments of abusive people. The Nexus is a terrible site for "community", it's best to keep the comments to another site i.e this one or your own.

You didn't see the creators of the famous FCOM and their respective mods just abandon it because they let the 0.1% hurt their feelings. I hope this comes back as do so many others. Why not have it hosted elsewhere (Not the Nexus) and keep the comments to this site (The file size is small as well)? That would solve the problem. No more Nexus, No more neg comments just a way to share a very good mod with others...

Well fuck. I mean, While I thought it was sometimes a bitch trying to keep it updated from time to time, it was the only mod I really enjoyed and followed daily. V sounded badass too.

Guest Donkey

Frankly' date=' this whole situation concerns me. There's an awful lot of face-palming that needs to be said here.

[b']1.)[/b] My sympathies to you, alexandrox, but it's one thing when a mod/modder gets banned, but when the author voluntarily bans himself and removes his mod for something as selfish as his feelings being hurt, then that is ridiculous. It sounds like you're running away. You don't want to deal with the problems, so instead of settling for the status quo or finding solutions, you made it inconvenient on everyone by removing the source of the issues entirely.

This proves my point in another thread about Nexus.

With respect to alexandrox, I have a quoted post I made from that thread. I know it sounds harsh, but it isn't aimed at him, just at the Nexus 'community' (implying they even have a community) in general.

Isn't there a rep system where comments like that are voted down by the community? I've seen comments like that voted down and hidden relatively quickly which shows that the community at least supports the modder's product. So to get prissy over a hidden voted down comment is nonsensical. Why would they be bothered by a comment like that if the community as a whole votes that guy down to show support? Are the modders that overly-sensitive if they don't get 100% approval?

I've hardly hidden any of those comments I get for my adult artwork. I like to keep them around (and I don't even reply to them either) so that people can see how retarded that comment is.

It's not about having a thick or thin skin, it's about knowing what comments matter to you and knowing what your fans and community want. Getting bothered by one or two troll comments just goes to show how deeply invested one's ego is in their own mods. Why is it so difficult to just make a mod for their own enjoyment? Why do they need outside approval in order to enjoy a mod in their singleplayer game?

If (for whatever reason) everyone hates it, so what? It's your mod, for your game, for your enjoyment. Sharing it with everyone else and wether they like it is entirely optional and only serves as icing on the cake.

The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. The purpose of trolling is to create a reaction from someone, but if they are ignored, then they will go away.

Ignonring didn't work. It's like bully. keep ignoring a bully and he will become worse. You have to standup to them only when they know you are not affraid. They will leave.

Ignonring didn't work. It's like bully. keep ignoring a bully and he will become worse. You have to standup to them only when they know you are not affraid. They will leave.

Yea, but if you stand up to them, then the Nexus mods get anal on your ass :). The Nexus mods love posting that disputes should be resolved by them and them alone. They seemingly have a zero tolerance policy to dispute exchanges, but instead of some of them reading between the lines and banning the correct guilty party, they press the Staple's "easy" button and ban/suspend everyone.

Yea' date=' but if you stand up to them, then the Nexus mods get anal on your ass :). The Nexus mods love posting that disputes should be resolved by them and them alone. They seemingly have a zero tolerance policy to dispute exchanges, but instead of some of them reading between the lines and banning the correct guilty party, they press the Staple's "easy" button and ban/suspend everyone.

[/quote']

There is no need to host any file on the Nexus, he could have moved it somewhere better/else or even here as it was a small file. Banning has no real effect for trolls or anyone except for invite only forums. You can come back 5 minutes after being "banned" on the Nexus, that's why peole don't have any fear of making rude/abusive comments especially if they never upload anything.

I still don't understand the mentality of someone who is clearly sensitive/uninitiated to trolling yet can't just shut down the comments section (The uploader can do this easily) and keep the discussion to another better run site than the Nexus which has poor moderation at best. Either way it's clear that this mod is gone and isn't ever comming back. The lesson is - host your own content/website or move it away from the Nexus (Which used to be a well run/made site until it was sold out for profit). Hosting is cheap and if you run your own site you can do/host whatever you want and make sure it is full of decent people.

Archived