[Superseded] Skyrim Slavery Returns!

Mygoodness777

Welcome! Slavery has returned to Skyrim!

I don't like passive slavery. Oblivion has some excellent slavery mods that have that one critical problem. There needs to be action. Sitting around waiting for something to happen or repeatedly watching your character getting raped without any sort of meaning is dull. I'm going to set it up so that you can become a certain type of slave depending on either attributes or dialogue options. All in all though, I want you to either be able to continue to adventure and do other quests, or have some sort of direction to your slavery.

I'm intending to make DD a dependent. The reason for this is that there is SO MUCH good gear there. After seeing what sort of assets have been provided in other Bethesda games, I'm amazed at what's been accomplished with DD. As for males...well that won't be a priority. I'm a guy and it's no homo for me, so the motivation isn't really there. If I get enough requests (when things are done), I'll consider trying to give at least basic support for men, but I make no promises.

The first release of this mod will be FOLLOWER support. You can choose (or maybe not choose) to be the slave of a follower. There will be willing slavery or forced slavery, and that will depend on certain things that happen in your game or dialogue choices with your follower. I'm not going to spoil the goodies yet, but good things are coming...

Estimated WIP Version 1.0 Release Date: Maybe one day

I'm definitely curious about this concept, and it's something I'd like to see. Personnally, I didn't work with AI that much, but I'm pretty sure you'd have an easier time coding a full city if it was its own space, like Whiterun is for example. Should avoid random enemy encounters inside the city, as well as make sure that the NPCs stay there in case anything happens. Then again, like I said, I didn't work a lot with the AI yet, so that might be a non-issue.

I'd give some suggestions, but I feel like you already have enough work with what you mentionned alone. but I'm definitely following this. I hope you'll see it through. :D

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask through PM. I can help a bit, but there's also a lot of experienced modders around here that are always glad to help creators with questions

Had some similar ideas, but based on a "rogue state" concept - IE there is an island or group of islands which is a safe haven for bandits and pirates, and where there is no empire to stop slavery. PC could become a slave when losing in combat (similar to SD), then based on physical attributes, responses to queries, etc. could be sent to either work in a brothel, fight in the arenas, work in mines, or become a house slave, etc. The same facilities would be available to the player if they ventured to this area without being enslaved.

Maybe team up with the Rokton guy?

I'm actually hoping to put this on the mainland somewhere. I'm not sure how much Skyrim is going to like me modding the actual terrain and putting buildings there and that sort of thing. I know it's been done before, but whether or not it's going to be stable is another matter. Most of the mods I've tried that have modified the base game have caused it to crash at launch. I'd like it to be outdoors rather than inside a mountain or a sewer like Sx3, just because it gives more of a city sort of feel, which is what I'm wanting to get across. Integrating it with the mainland will make it feel more like Tamriel instead of some "other" place. Adds to the immersion a bit. As for how to make it into a separate city that acts as its own "area" (like Whiterun or Solitude), I'm not sure how that would be accomplished. I suppose I could look it up. I'll have to think that one through.

I don't think it will be difficult to create an "enslaved" property or something like that. It's easy to tell the game that the PC has a certain trait at a given time. Interactions can be based on that. I saw that in the Captured Dreams shop mod (where the master would treat you differently based on whether or not you have slave gear on you.) It will complicate the scripting though.

Slavery itself is going to be somewhat complex to script and will have to be limited to certain NPCs or factions, at least at the start here. At some point I'm hoping to set different forms of slavery to be influenced by your reputation and skill set. You would be shipped to the slave market, evaluated, and then depending on different things, you would be made into a certain kind of slave. If you're a strong warrior...perhaps I will make an arena and you will be forced to fight there. If you're a brand new character starting out, you might just be someone's toy. If you're very well known, perhaps you'll be assigned to serve the sexual needs of more powerful people, and treated with more respect. I'm sure all of that is quite doable, but will take some time to setup and debug. I won't be going there for a while.

This looks like a very interesting idea, especially if it integrates with other mods here like SD+, Submit, Defeat, et al.

A lot of folk seem to be looking at the Death Alternative-Your Money or Your Life framework, so you may want to take a look too.

I do have one request (yes, even so soon): That DD be optional or configurable. It's a well made and popular suite of mods, but some of it is (very) not to my tastes (but maybe I'm the only one). Your mod, of course, make it however you want it to be, and if it comes anywhere close to your present ideas will likely be a very popular addition to LL regardless. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to find a way to integrate with other mods, but unless I am relying on them, that will come after I have a standalone. I want a fully functional mod and then I will consider integration.

In terms of integration... Hm...combat based defeat and slavery is an option that will be easy to combine with existing mods. Actually requesting to be a slave is possible as well and may fit the flavour.

Creating encounters is possible as well, but will have to be quest based because that sort of thing is going to bog the game down a lot.

I like most of DD personally, and the assets are already there so it is very likely I will discuss using DD with the creator (whose name slips my mind). I almost definitely want to use it by default because of its very high quality. I will NOT be creating my own assets, as that far exceeds my abilities and will. Maybe alternatively I will configure some zaz compatibility, as it is already a prerequisite of DD. That's a secondary thought right now though, and it doesn't work quite as well. At best it will likely be limited,because I would have to fully rescript all the quests if I wanted to make them fully compatible. We will see. I will bear it in mind as I'm working.

I have no problem with early suggestions. The sooner you get them in, the easier it is to plan for them.

Okay, so I took a look at Whiterun for example to see how that whole world space thing works. It turns out that not only do you have to build the city inside Tamriel, but you also have to create an almost identical (but far more detailed) version as a separate world space. Unless there's a compelling reason not to, I have a feeling I'm just going to create my city as part of the Skyrim that already exists instead of making it into a separate world space. It will save me a lot of work.

No, I'm not 100% certain I'm going to make it outdoors, but I would like to, because it makes the place feel brighter and more alive.

Along with the slavey compound, quest, etc. (which I'd personally like them as separate mods...) Im looking foward to see your gameplay/mechanics ideas. We lack of a 'Slavery Framework' that defines simple yet functional mechanics. Something to attach dependant mods like assests, locations, sexlab integration, whatever. Making this all into a single mega project seems pretty much like a load of work condemned to be a eternal WIP that never reaches a point. Many skyrim mods are just too independant, with some good core ideas but burried inside too much unnecessary/accessory compromise, thus lacking of more potential integration (the kind of how good surprisingly mod A fits with mod B and C), that when not plain compatibility issues... I don't want to sound negative, it's a great idea, Ill be glad if I can be of any help too ^^

As I've started to delve into modding, I'm beginning to see the sheer amount of work this is going to be. I expected it to be a lot, so this doesn't surprise me, and it doesn't put me off or anything. The eternal WIP is something that has crossed my mind a few times already and been considered. Here's what I've realized.

There are three mods here. The first one is a city-like area filled with NPCs, buildings and the like. The second is to create fully functional slavery that is based in this city. The third is to create related quests and integration. Fortunately I don't have to work completely from the ground up. Stuff like DD, Sexlab, Zaz, Submit/Defeat have already paved the way for something like this to come along, and as I reach the appropriate points during development, I will approach the creators and seek to work with them.

I know I'm going to need help. If I had a full month of no work, I could really throw myself at this and work several hours a day at it and make significant progress...but I just don't have the time for that. I may get about 15-25 hours at this per week. So...at some point I'll probably seek some help.

So before I decided to undertake this, I was fully aware of the sheer volume of work involved. That's why I have you wonderful community members to help with feedback, and assistance. If someone wants to partner up and give me a more serious hand, I will welcome it.

We will see how I'm making progress as time passes.

I like any concept that deals with slavery~<3

Such a large concept will take a lot of work, and a lot of time. Start out small to get your foot in the door. From there, if you're successful, your ideas will avalanche.

Here's my suggestion:

If you owned slaves in Skyrim, where would you likely be located? My first instinctual answer was, "Probably near Riften."

Skyrimmap.png 

There are a lot of locations marked on the map. At the same time you can see open areas with nothing in them. I would suggest picking ONE of those areas and placing ONE building. Consider that the first goal. Doesn't have to be anything special, just a starting point. One small empty shack will do to start. Doesn't even have to have an interior cell or anything, just an open space, like when you come across a random person's shack. (Old alchemist lady or burned down home with charred remains, or guard post)

If you can place one building that would be a great milestone.

As far as your idea goes, there's another similar idea that you could borrow from: Paradise Halls.

It's a slavery trading mod that lets you capture enemies, force them to be your followers, and if you want, travel to Paradise Halls (a customized location) to have your slaves looked at and purchased.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29886/?

The location is pre-marked on your map when you load up the mod, so if you haven't already looked at it, it might be worth your time. (Since it has similar goals completed in the mod.)

It Makes more sense to Make a New World Space and Cells within that Space ,because you can Customize it the way you want , Building and Editing terrain is not to hard , Same goes with Making interior Cells , I did manage to make a Floating interior Cell with custom  meshes and Fill it up with clutter and furniture ( I suck with CK )

The hard Task is adding NPCS and Ai packages and creating the Routine System (NAV Mesh )

Good Luck and Cheers

Thank you for the overwhelming support. I guess I should have guessed there would be a swell of support for something like this.

So I've decided I'm going to find a spot along the border of Skyrim near Riften and put a door or entrance of some sort there that will lead us to a valley where we will find this compound. I think having more freedom to build is important because I've actually created a layout as an idea of what I want to make. It's actually kind of big. Tonight I'm going to officially start work!

I'll have a look at Paradise Halls just to see what sorts of things they've done and maybe take a few good ideas.

Question is would you like it to be hidden remote location or rather something public? Question is how the slavery thing would be seen by the world - something illegal that has to run underground, or something that is at least tolerated that doesnt need to hide.

For remote location really good might be adding some new dwemer ruins somewhere for example in the mountains of The Reach, Or some small fort hidden in the marshes of haajalmarch with ancient-nordic underground complex for more space.

S3 mod i mentioned had a whole dungeon near Morthal created. Hidden form view, plenty of space.

But it doesnt has to be illegal and hidden - Skyrim has a huge problem with bandits and all sort of vagabonds everywhere. Seems logic that Jarls wouldnt oppose the idea of egalization of the enslavement of captured bandits so they would recieve some help to deal with the bandis threat.

And under this legal establishment could be hidden another one - one that is aimed at common folk.

This could be even more interesting - PC is joining a slaver guild in the noble goal of cleansing the Skyrim from bandit filth. But once he/she becomes respected and well known slave hunter he/she recieves an offer to dwell into guilds darkest secrets.

I'm intending to stay pretty active with this, so posts in this thread will be answered quickly, and I will provide frequent updates.

Already, I'm finding that creating my own world space is not all that easy. Trying to scale it right is very difficult, and making the terrain look natural is quite a challenge. See, I'm more logical and calculated than artistic and creative. So far, my landmass looks like a valley surrounded by mountains that are essentially cliffs, to the point where they distort the rock texture. It's going to take a while to make that look better than stupid.

In terms of how this fits into Skyrim...

I'd like this complex to be outside with trees, plants, and such. It makes the place feel more alive and feel like it belongs. I'd also like there to be some sort of integration with the rest of Skyrim. I'm not going to get into that sort of thing until WAY down the road, but overall I do want it to feel like it's a legal business. There will be a lawful side, and an unlawful side, and perhaps some quests could explore that.

How about Lost Prospect Mine a little bit east from Riften? Its an empty dried up mine with no npcs, mobs, quests or whatever.

There is some story event there but its utterly unimportant.

Some cages could be added outside, a wooden wall, a guard post. Rest of equipment inside.

There is even some kind of secret area there - if developed further it could serve as a base for hidden part of the guild.

Mine itself is a bit small so it would take some redevelopment.

As you go along, maybe take some screen-captures? That way if you get stuck on a section (artistic vs logical) someone who ran into the same problem can offer a suggestion, or even point out a problem you didn't even realize was developing. We'd also be able to see the progress rather than just imagine it. Different users specialize in different areas, so while some may know quite a bit about A.I. packages, others might be more knowledgeable about constructing buildings or realistic terrain. Seeing your steps may allow them to offer better insight instead of guessing where you're doing well or struggling. 

I hate caves. The tutorial almost killed me. I may consider adding some Nordic or Dwemer ruins at some point, but that would be further down the road.

I'll definitely be posting screenshots as I do things so that I can get help and feedback. Expect a picture of my somewhat silly looking progress so far when I get home from work tonight.

I have no problem giving you guys screenshot updates as I work. Just gotta remember to leave Fraps up and hit F10 when I see something that needs to be shared. I have two shots here that show the difference between yesterday and today. What I'm wanting to do is build from the outside in in terms of terrain. I want decent mountains to surround the valley where this compound will be FIRST, so that I can gauge the scale of what I'm building and decide how it's going to be spread out. I'm putting up a ring of mountains around the entire thing, and then working in.

Yesterday I had an area that was too small, and it was surrounded by mountains that looked unrealistically steep like this:

I1mmSG2.png

Today I expanded the area dramatically, ringed it with mountains, and am in the process of reducing how steep they are by creating a more reasonable slope. It looks more like this

GKOmlOz.jpg

I feel this looks better, but I'm going to have to find a way to fine tune it.

In some ways I feel kind of silly. This is going to be a massive mod, and I'm doing silly things already. Barely even started.

If you are already micromanaging, then you're doing it wrong. I don't mean to insult or flame, but all of these minute changes you're making, you're going to change them again anyway.

You have to start with the biggest things first. Get the shape somewhat right, get the basic layout designed, get the PROGRAM just about going...then you can work on the smaller details. Because each time you add something, those newcommers will demand the ones before to change so that they can fit in. If there is clipping, that is fine. Take note of it and ignore it. Once every building is in place, the characters are capable of doing what they need to do and no spots lead to crashes, then you can chisel away at the extra snow, the too-straight walls and the clutter-less tables.

Also, test the mod out at any stage, and if you have friends interested in it, have them try it out as well. And make them be HARSH! Any glitch they notice, any CTD, any clipping or path going through solid objects...insure they point it out. In triplicate. By highmarking it in ten colors.

It will mean you know where you went wrong. You'll make mistakes, some almost game-breaking. That's alright. By having it pointed out, you can fix it. And no one but those friends will ever know it. And they will be too glad to work towards the final product to blame you for it.

I think putting it in The Rift would be an excellent idea. IIRC, slavery was outlawed in Skyrim, Cyrodiil, and the western provinces whereas it's not illegal but merely tolerated in Morrowind and rampant in Black Marsh. So to put the slaver hideout in the Rift means that it would be like the black market forefront of slavery leaking out of Morrowind and Black Marsh - plus it's not like the thieves and corrupted politics there in The Rift would care.

If you are already micromanaging, then you're doing it wrong. I don't mean to insult or flame, but all of these minute changes you're making, you're going to change them again anyway.

You have to start with the biggest things first. Get the shape somewhat right, get the basic layout designed, get the PROGRAM just about going...then you can work on the smaller details. Because each time you add something, those newcommers will demand the ones before to change so that they can fit in. If there is clipping, that is fine. Take note of it and ignore it. Once every building is in place, the characters are capable of doing what they need to do and no spots lead to crashes, then you can chisel away at the extra snow, the too-straight walls and the clutter-less tables.

Also, test the mod out at any stage, and if you have friends interested in it, have them try it out as well. And make them be HARSH! Any glitch they notice, any CTD, any clipping or path going through solid objects...insure they point it out. In triplicate. By highmarking it in ten colors.

It will mean you know where you went wrong. You'll make mistakes, some almost game-breaking. That's alright. By having it pointed out, you can fix it. And no one but those friends will ever know it. And they will be too glad to work towards the final product to blame you for it.

Bethesda should hire you for Quality Assurance management. By your standards Bethesda is doing it wrong.  :D

Thank you for your input.

I would like a general, decent looking terrain to work with, and crap mountains just won't do. They also need to take up a certain amount of space so I need to know how much I'll have left to build my little city in. I'm not going to make it look perfect, so I do agree that streamlining will come later, but there are certain things that need to be so that I'm comfortable working with it. Terrain and layout need to be at least decent. The rest is meh right now.

The link to the main Skyrim region is going to be south of Riften somewhere. I will be sure to try to make some lore involved with this, but I make no promises at this stage.

Archived