wow, this has progressed a lot. great work! the only reason i haven't switched from PN to this is because PN adds outhouses around in logical areas. can't really understand a mod to make evacuations without places to do so lol. at least in towns where they'd obviously and historically be. so is there any way to get outhouses spread around? i used a mod that placed outhouses before but it places waaaay too many.

can we keep original PN just for outhouses, keeping all those options off? and also use Discreet? or will there be problems having both installed??

In medieval times privacy nor sanitation was a big concern, so they had garderobes which is praticaly a bench with a hole in it that leads to a pile of crap or the moat if in a castle and usualy from a great height too boot so they didnt have to deal with unwanted splashes i guess. Servants and lower class people usualy went in a bucket or chamber pot, but in big towns there were "PUBLIC" outhouses where you could all hold hands (no they didnt realy hold hands i dont think)  and releive yourself (usualy a square room with benches that have holes that lead to a underground sewer that doesnt run), aint that a fun historical fact.

But i understand the modern idea that a world without toilets isnt a world at all, though when it comes down to it back in the day people just went in the woods or a bucket, not in no porceline toilet, hehe thatd be us mate.

wow, this has progressed a lot. great work! the only reason i haven't switched from PN to this is because PN adds outhouses around in logical areas. can't really understand a mod to make evacuations without places to do so lol. at least in towns where they'd obviously and historically be. so is there any way to get outhouses spread around? i used a mod that placed outhouses before but it places waaaay too many.

can we keep original PN just for outhouses, keeping all those options off? and also use Discreet? or will there be problems having both installed??

In medieval times privacy nor sanitation was a big concern, so they had garderobes which is praticaly a bench with a hole in it that leads to a pile of crap or the moat if in a castle and usualy from a great height too boot so they didnt have to deal with unwanted splashes i guess. Servants and lower class people usualy went in a bucket or chamber pot, but in big towns there were "PUBLIC" outhouses where you could all hold hands (no they didnt realy hold hands i dont think)  and releive yourself (usualy a square room with benches that have holes that lead to a underground sewer that doesnt run), aint that a fun historical fact.

But i understand the modern idea that a world without toilets isnt a world at all, though when it comes down to it back in the day people just went in the woods or a bucket, not in no porceline toilet, hehe thatd be us mate.

yep, i'm well aware of garderobes and the like. been asking ages for those in player homes instead of the "magical" toilets or "tech" dwemer toilets that people seem to love adding to mods. hell, i'm an oooold hillbilly and none of my family had indoor plumbing til the '70s. i still have couple relatives that only have outhouses sad to say. gawd i hated those damn bed pots. we had to empty and clean our own lol

anyway, been using this for awhile and it's fantastic! thank you!!

oh and wanted to mention something odd...

do you use a cloaking effect for this mod? because i see some npcs get this weird blue swirling effect that i've seen before. it happened way back when Wet and Cold mod used a cloak effect to effect npcs. this caused some npcs to get that blue swirl. i think those npcs had hidden perks that make it happen

do you use a cloaking effect for this mod? because i see some npcs get this weird blue swirling effect that i've seen before. it happened way back when Wet and Cold mod used a cloak effect to effect npcs. this caused some npcs to get that blue swirl. i think those npcs had hidden perks that make it happen

Yes, for NPCs this mod uses the cloak effect. I've seen a weird blue swirl with a couple of other mods but with this mod, never. Can you tell me which NPCs they are so I can repeat that in my game?

Another thing could you add sound effects? Its kind of creepy there being no sound when one of my followers needs to pee.

Sound FX has a new MCM option which is by default off. When you turn it on, you can hear yourself and NPCs that are very close to you. I can increase this radius for followers and allies.

I suppose the word immersive is subjective though. I don't think being able to fill Nazeem's bedroom ankle deep in poo in a day alone is 100% fitting of immersive, but again, subjective, I guess that's where the 2nd word which is roleplay comes into action.

It's up to you as a player to make the experience meet what is "immersive" for you. But ok, point taken. ;)

...back in the day people just went in the woods or a bucket, not in no porceline toilet, hehe thatd be us mate.

Interesting discussion, and I bet the indoor toilet has affected human cultures in a number of ways. I'll draw from this that some NPCs would prefer the outhouse and some don't care, especially in the wilderness. In places with many people crammed together it really becomes a hygiene issue. Many medieval European cities were built the way the wealthy would live furthur away from the unhygienic, pungent areas.

Yes, for NPCs this mod uses the cloak effect. I've seen a weird blue swirl with a couple of other mods but with this mod, never. Can you tell me which NPCs they are so I can repeat that in my game?

...b

i didn't get their names yesterday. will check but it'll be day or 2 til i can play. in the past one npc was Sam Guevenne (sp?). he should be easy to check. just console placeatme

Can you add an option so that the npc feature will only trigger on currently following followers? I'm only really interested in my party not every npc. You should be able to add a condition for current follower faction.

Do you mean setting the relationship rank to Ally in the MCM menu is not sufficient, and includes someone you do not wish? Sure, I can add that check.

PND is stand-alone and also hopes to be conflict free. I guess you can combine PN outhouses (and optionally debuffs), and use PND only for the NPC features. Without NPCs and hotkeys, PND adds very little script lag.

I hope we get NPC to bathe one day, maybe by a river or water source, or if the water level is high enough also?

It was discussed a while ago on this forum, how detecting (or leading an actor to stand in) water is (a bit surprisingly) not so simple. Which is the reason PND does not have any checks for water when player decides to take a bath. Enabling NPCs to randomly idle the animation would be even tackier than what they already do. Might find another way, so I'll keep this in mind.

oh and does this mod make you Automatically go?? because i was just standing there and my toon squats. the anim and puddle was not from original PN and i had not hit or even assigned hotkeys yet. does this mod auto pee after a set time/fill?

If you just install this mod and don't enable any features in the MCM menu you will never see any action from this mod.

This mod does not make the player to do anything without your control.

If you just enable NPC features and nothing else, then you will occasionally see NPCs peeing.

Nice upgrade so far. :) Be nice if NPC"s defecated too, since it gets cleaned up when you leave by the invisible janitor fairy.

No no, I tease on the fairy part (man his job sucks). I reiterate my suggestion of making NPC's defecation/urination activatable directly by the player, as peeing/pooping when and where you want is the theme of this mod, as opposed to Private Needs which adds a complex system. Wonderful work so far though. ^_^ I'm watching for updates, and already cast my five-star vote.

Patch v1.7.1 contains some changes that were requested. Overwrite (not replace) beta 1.7.0.

Once the blue swirl has resolved I think it's time to step out of beta. ^_^

great to hear! i seem to recall that Wet n Cold, Enhanced Blood, and Footprints all had blue swirl at some point. maybe looking into those would help.

i did find that 1 npc i saw w/ swirl was a mod added npc follower. i was able to remove the swirl by using MFGConsole and looking under her hidden inactive effects. it was listed as Magika absorb and was Atronach spell. (000957dc or something). removing it w/ "removespell xxxxxxx" worked but it was back upon reload. removing it w/ tes5edit worked tho.

haven't come across the other npcs i saw it on again yet

Any chance for animation selection you could use a tickbox list for both player and NPC?

I just want to use the Leito animations for example. The problem is I can only select one or all of them for the player and have to have all of them for npc. Other than that its great.

*Edit* Also the urination audio for npc's seems to need some work it is sporadic. Sometimes it wont play other times it will stop when it does the tinkle bit at the end.

There are two features I would really love to see.

1.Being able to select what animations the npc's use via a tickbox selection like sexlab uses for its animations.

2.Having some kind of notification that only shows up when your follower is peeing. The issue with the current debug is it scans every actor and floods the top left. So like the debug but just for the follower/npc that actually gets told to animate.

There are two features I would really love to see.

1.Being able to select what animations the npc's use via a tickbox selection like sexlab uses for its animations.

2.Having some kind of notification that only shows up when your follower is peeing. The issue with the current debug is it scans every actor and floods the top left. So like the debug but just for the follower/npc that actually gets told to animate.

Great, thanks for the feedback. I may not have time until closer to new year for another release, but these will be included. I'll take a look at how Footprints solved "blue swirlies".

Hi! :shy:

Do you have any plan to make this mode compatible with SAM?

PND 1.7.0. works perfectly, but there is an issue with the last patch.

Ok, care to elaborate about the issue?

From what i have tested the schlong don't go up when peeing. Is it intended or not implemented yet?

Better SOS and SAM support, looking into it.

Any chance to have the option to have the bladder fill up over time? Since the author of "private needs" has not been around for a long time now. And the new animations are just too good to be left.

This seems to be such popular request I'll think about it.

Ive been having an issue with the latest beta. I have it set so it only has followers allowed. I noticed after a while that my follower hardly ever pees despite having it set every in game hour. I stuck debug on to have a look and discovered a few things.

1.The follower will not start peeing if she is even slightly far away. It said she was too far away despite only being about 100 feet away or so. I realise you set this for when its meant for all npcs to not cause script lag. Could you possible make the range of the effect a slider so we can alter it? I only have it on my one follower so I can increase the range by a lot and not suffer any issues as it is only effecting her.

2. I've had an issue where sometimes It will say in the debug that my follower needs to pee, she will then stop and then continue to follow. It gives me the Debug message with my follower name and waiting another 60 seconds. I'm not in combat or anything so I assume it is to do with me continuing to move and my follower trying to follow? Might want to anchor them or something with a script.

Other than these two issues and the features I asked about this mod is running great I am loving it. It has completely replaced NPC private needs for me on this play through and I will not be going back. Keep up the good work!