It is NOT safe to remove PND from an existing savegame.

If you want a more stable version or don't want any NPC features, then take v1.5.6 or the first rc.

If the stable version which supports the NPCs will get releaed will it be then safe to upgrade?

It is NOT safe to remove PND from an existing savegame.

If you want a more stable version or don't want any NPC features, then take v1.5.6 or the first rc.

If the stable version which supports the NPCs will get releaed will it be then safe to upgrade?

It should, yes, be straightforward to upgrade from from v1.5.6 to later versions and I'll test this too before release. If you go back in this thread you will find it's hasn't always been so straightforward so I can only say I think everything should be fine if you now take the pre-rc version. :)

Thank you for the answers. This is just like I wanted, for now I will use pre-rc version and then upgrade to rc version when it pass its beta tests. :)

How do I trigger urination/defecation? I don't see the hotkeys in the Mod Configuration Menu. Also you could add outhouses from Strotis Outdoor Toilet Resource http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32056/?

Edited by Nepro

thank you for making NPC support. One observation: Female NPCs do not undress while peeing standing, only while taking a poop. And one question. is there a possibilit to remove negative effect from consuming defecate?

NPC options silently mimic player settings from the MCM menu.

Females nor males strip all their clothes to pee, though. Unless you have SOS installed and I think it affects men only.

It's easy to control player's clothing though inventory but for NPCs it's impossible. Perhaps a good idea will pop

Thanks for the answer. Yes I have SOS installed.

Version 1.6.1 beta introduces NPC support but beware that this is a public beta and problems may occur. (OK there will)

Upgrade to stable 1.5.6 if you want to keep more cautious and have already not have done so.

The beta may significantly hurt your savegame by increasing script lag and memory load, so try it at your own risk.

download.png

Download link

NPCs act in two ways. When away from the player, they might pee or defecate (the probablility is set in MCM menu and latest default is 0 so go check this if you wish to have this feature). When near you, they might imitate you. (You may find this feature exciting when it works but very unsatisfying when it doesn't).

Clothing options have a new MCM page with four presets. If you want your NPC females to undress that extra garment, tick the "slot 32" checkbox in the menu.

Go experiment. Find out how awesome it is. Until it breaks and you hate it.

Anyway strange and unexpected things may pop up. If nothing seems to be working right, try on a new clean game.

The stable version will be supported and in future versions the script heavy NPC features will be optional.

Skyrim engine is funny, do not put all the blame on mod devs when things go awry. My intention is to support one stable version that should behave and update ok. Alongside provide experimental beta release that may break now or when it's later updated. Take your pick. If your characters are very short-lived take the beta. If your savegame has hundreds of hours under it, take the stable release.

I can request optional  (which can be turned off by default, from the OP I get the PND intention is to have no timer) timer for the Private Needs Discreet. It requires player to regularly discharge the refuse from the body or else suffer the consequences same like in the Private Needs mod and maybe forceful discharge of the refuse when because player cannot hold it any longer.

Private Needs is exactly what I am talking about here but it is no longer supported and the mod is broken as well as it is merged with Realistic Needs & Diseases.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17295-private-needs/page-94?do=findComment&comment=924370

I can request optional  (which can be turned off by default, from the OP I get the PND intention is to have no timer) timer for the Private Needs Discreet. It requires player to regularly discharge the refuse from the body or else suffer the consequences same like in the Private Needs mod and maybe forceful discharge of the refuse when because player cannot hold it any longer.

While I'll keep this in mind, although I intend to stabilise the current beta and for that I'm going to wait a while for feedback.

Then I might get working on it again and do small features and respond to realistic wishes. This is not on top of that list, but note taken.

Yes you are correct that this mod tries more to not get in way than distract the player. Anyways nice that you like the mod. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 1.6.2 beta released. Enhanced NPC functionality.

Not yet quite stable but some problems in the earlier beta have been issued. NPC support is now optional, and by default OFF.

Enable NPC features from the MCM menu. If you want to see NPC voluntarily peeing or defecating, increase the respective slider value. Remember that the excrement is never removed from the world and you can literally bloat your savegame from crap. You may want to take caution in heavily crowded areas.

The earlier beta was very generous to echo all NPC urination sounds in the cell which lead to feeling of walking inside a waterfall at times. This has been fixed.

The male arrok 1H urination animation seems to have a texture problem with missing urine stream. All texture paths match, and I haven't been able yet to trace down the cause. This will hopefully be fixed before phasing out NPC beta.

Installing the beta now. Lets hope I can replace NPC private needs with this now. Ive been using 1.5.6 for my personal needs so to have both options in one mod is great.

*Edit* After looking at the mcm options do you think you could add/clarify a few things?

Could you add a toggle like in npc private needs so that the npc function only effects followers? Would result in a lot less script load.

It says that the random npc urination/defecation mirrors the player settings. Does this mean they will only use the one animation?

Can you add slot 52 for stripping. It is a slot that is used by alot of underwear. SoS might use it as well but there is more underwear that does.

Any chance of a timer for the npc chance? Like every 10 minutes real time or something?

May I make a suggestion for the NPC version? If you are worried about bugs, you might just want to make a spell that makes NPC's go #1 or #2, given you have lesser powers that do so for the player.

Given that the theme of your mod is doing stuff 'when you want, how you want', without worrying about timers and buildup and so forth, this seems more in line with your own theme. c:

Thank you for update. Have you consider about removing negative effect from consuming the defecations I asked long time ago?

Yes, you can do that now...

Could you add a toggle like in npc private needs so that the npc function only effects followers? Would result in a lot less script load.

Any chance of a timer for the npc chance? Like every 10 minutes real time or something?

Can you add slot 52 for stripping. It is a slot that is used by alot of underwear. SoS might use it as well but there is more underwear that does.

These are good ideas which I'll likely include in the next version. :)

It says that the random npc urination/defecation mirrors the player settings. Does this mean they will only use the one animation?

Yes, so if player animation is random, NPCs will use random animation as well. The urine pool and excrement will only render if the player has line of sight to the NPC.

May I make a suggestion for the NPC version? If you are worried about bugs, you might just want to make a spell that makes NPC's go #1 or #2, given you have lesser powers that do so for the player.

Given that the theme of your mod is doing stuff 'when you want, how you want', without worrying about timers and buildup and so forth, this seems more in line with your own theme. c:

That might be a good idea... You're right about the theme for the player being all up to you. :) I like to have NPCs have mind of their own but having this option might still be feasible...

Need one confirmation if I installed the mod correctly. When installing the mod via NMM, I was asked to overwrite my present skeleton and SOS file. I denied overwriting. So, did I do right?

It's up to you. The skeleton needs to have the extra schlong node not present in the vanilla skeleton. Any SOS compatible skeleton will work.

Also the mod "Realistic Ragdolls and Force" comes with an incompatible skeleton, so mind that when figuring out overwrites.

• 2 weeks later...

Enable NPC features from the MCM menu. If you want to see NPC voluntarily peeing or defecating, increase the respective slider value. Remember that the excrement is never removed from the world and you can literally bloat your savegame from crap. You may want to take caution in heavily crowded areas.

Hello,

When you write that  excrement is never removed from the world, does this apply to the player character's excrement also?

I would like to use this mod but I'm the kind of guy who likes to play 1 game for a very long time and if the excrement isn't removed after a set time, I'm gonna have to pass on this.

• 2 weeks later...

When you write that  excrement is never removed from the world, does this apply to the player character's excrement also?

I would like to use this mod but I'm the kind of guy who likes to play 1 game for a very long time and if the excrement isn't removed after a set time, I'm gonna have to pass on this.

Yes, exactly.  Both player and NPC excrement pile up in your savegames.

The next big task is to make this not be a problem.