Trade problem with followers

A.J.

SInce few weeks I'm having this issue with any of my followers: I can't trade with them anymore. They answer my dialogue request but then nothing happens. Digging around I saw other people having this issue, which was introduced after a certain patch version (at least what they wrote). I play with 1.9 since a while but only in these last weeks I had this issue for the first time. No new plugins, so there wasn't some specific date when this happened, it suddenly happened. Anyway, in these posts I found there weren't answers on that problem that solved for me: essentially they were resetting the companion quests. But I couldn't change the companion variables by console, as they were describing in those posts, it wasn't working for me.

I use UFO, and while doing some tries with it was my first thought, I now don't think it is the cause, I feel the cause is deeper. With UFO, I resetted in MCM, I dismissed, I even de-activated the mod and started a new game, nothing changes. I'm wondering if it's because I'm having too many plugins, I just passed 200 active esm/esp...

Excluding that, I'm not having other issues, everything seems quite stable.

Is there a "number of doom" which is lower than 256 for Skyrim too?

Does someone know the exact syntax to reset companions variables by console (if there's really a way)?

Or better... did someone ever had a problem like this and managed to solve it?

Thank you

1. Push tilde key to get in console.
2. Click on follower.
3. Type: "setAV carryweight 300" 
4. Hit enter.
5. Tap tilde key to get out of console. 

6. "only do this it it is still bugged"  setav carryweight 0 -then- setav carryweight 300.

If you still have problems, tell the NPC to stay where it is. leave the cell, enter a dungeon somewhere far away and then go back. the problem should be fixed 

Test this.

thanks for the answer, but as I said it's something deeper, it can't be neither a carryweight issue nor a wait / exit cell. It happens even on a new game and with custom followers (so custom references).

Anyway I tried it and it didn't work.

thanks for the answer, but as I said it's something deeper, it can't be neither a carryweight issue nor a wait / exit cell. It happens even on a new game and with custom followers (so custom references).

Anyway I tried it and it didn't work.

I Will look in to it.

Does someone know the exact syntax to reset companions variables by console (if there's really a way)?

Thinking of what... this doesn't make sense too. On a new game I assume the follower quest is resetted so its variables...

Archived