Fallout Bodies. WIP (Improved Vanilla Bodies)

Hello and Welcome.

This is my Work in Progress Body Improvement Mod.

I still Need Help so feel free to assist me in this.

Info:

my inspiration for this was to bring Removed Content to Fallout 3/ NV into the game.

A lot of the content Removed from Fallout 3 was used in Fallout NV and is why Fallout NV was a little more fun.

originally Fallout 3 was going to use  topless models for male and female. this was an idea that they got from Fallout 3 (Van Buren). this was changed early on in the modeling stages of fallout to underwear now being the default models.

I figured i would look around for a mod. but thought i would just make it myself and use this as an excuse to learn something and have got far but am having trouble so i am now requesting Help.

Issues:

Bodies not matching the skin Tone {Male and Female}

Bodies Not reflecting Light correctly in some areas of the body{Mainly in the waist and Crotch on Female}

I do plan to make a better Normal that works correctly near seems on body,

also to make a HD Version of the Original Skin.

Some other ideas i have but don't have the know how:

Scripts for auto equipping Underwear.

a Variety of bodies that you will see not just one.

Random encounters.

cutscene that show the NPC/PC strip(Like during Sex or others that would use this).

Tools Used to make:

Nifskope.

Blender.

Photoshop.

Gimp.{as File Converter}

As I Mentioned I need Help with these Small Things

This File isn't for Full use Yet But as a Edit Folder that can also be used for testing Purposes. Pictures in File also.

There are no risk but to avoid any problems don't try to use it alongside other body Mods unless you know what you are doing.

File:Fallout VanillaBody.rar

Guest luthienanarion

To fix the skin tones, change the shader type to SHADER_SKIN and add the SF_FaceGen shader. You want the underwear to be a separate NiTriShape with the default shaders.

If anyone would like to help me on this it would be very much appreciated.

Maybe it is not a problem of your mesh.

When testing your mesh in the game you do as a replacement for the default mesh, or you do it as a new race.

If you do it as a new race then it is better to convert the file "esp" to "esm"

(Use the program FOMM)

Why?

When modified races or characters, the files "esp" not usually respect the colors of skin tones

I agree with peterpan13 here so try what he said also maybe archive invalidation? The mesh from post #3 looks fine as far as the shader type goes, matches what waffles said previously so not a mesh problem. One other note, in nifskope run the Spells, Batch, Update All Tangent Space after every export from Blender then re-save the nif file, it will get rid of the weird patterns along side of model (rib area) and the base of the butt.

When modified races or characters, the files "esp" not usually respect the colors of skin tones

As he says!!! make an ESM or mark the header as ESM and it will magically solve it!

well... assuming the shader is correct :)

If anyone would like to help me on this it would be very much appreciated.

Maybe it is not a problem of your mesh.

When testing your mesh in the game you do as a replacement for the default mesh, or you do it as a new race.

If you do it as a new race then it is better to convert the file "esp" to "esm"

(Use the program FOMM)

Why?

Please use FNVEdit to convert ESP to ESM or the reverse. FOMM will not create the required ONAM subrecord.

Guest luthienanarion

Please use FNVEdit to convert ESP to ESM or the reverse. FOMM will not create the required ONAM subrecord.

This should only ever be done with FNVEdit for this reason.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

i will attempt to try, i am way better at UV mapping and Texturing

so making .esp/.esm is a bit weird and confusing to me, using programs that specialize in this will be even worse.

i shall YouTube it...

and for the weird the weird patterns along side of the model ,that was like that.

i did not edit the normal vanilla Mesh at all i think its just a Normal map problem.

once i get the basic testing , fixes and improvements done i plan on making it a simple no esp or esm mod that just is just a replacer. i only made the esp version for testing it.

The weird patterns along the side have nothing to do with editing the normal map, its a blender export issue as far as i know. I see it on very export I do, and I do not edit anything with textures or uv maps. The patterns show in game if not fixed in nifskope. at least they do for me. Keep working at though, experimentation and breaking things is how I learned what little i know.

• 3 months later...
While since posting but, I got the female body Working good for now.

Improved the Texture and Normal map. only visible seems are sides of the body. the neck is less visible now too.

post-193195-0-08756800-1406758127_thumb.png

And the weird Thigh/Crotch problem is now completely gone.

post-193195-0-21422200-1406758255_thumb.png

Also made a new character to replay again with:)

post-193195-0-08286200-1406758461_thumb.png

The male body however is not wanting Work so ill deal with it after i finish the Female body.

Here is My work for you to check out.

BVFB.rar

Just a tip for the mesh femaleupperbody.nif can be cleaned up by right click ninode "Scene Root" at top and select "block" then "crop to branch", will purge all those loose unused data nodes. This will reduce the file size from 822KB to 312KB, can add up when you have crap load of meshes.

Just a tip for the mesh femaleupperbody.nif can be cleaned up by right click ninode "Scene Root" at top and select "block" then "crop to branch", will purge all those loose unused data nodes. This will reduce the file size from 822KB to 312KB, can add up when you have crap load of meshes.

Thanks for the Tip!

Also do you know how your suppose to Correctly Parent a Mesh? i was trying to Compile a few Armors to make one and they keep not showing up.

Thanks I am using Vanilla Textures That were blended Together using Texture Paint in Blender.

you still get the incorrect Directional Lighting from the Normal Map  like usual tho but less than before.

just gata Fix the Normal up a bit and it wont be noticeable any more.

Thanks for the Tip!

Also do you know how your suppose to Correctly Parent a Mesh? i was trying to Compile a few Armors to make one and they keep not showing up.

If you talking nifskope you need to select the piece of armor and right click block copy branch, on target mesh select "scene root" and right click block, paste branch. Target mesh should have full skeleton or you will get error. Same goes for deleting pieces out select armor piece, select block, remove branch (ctrl-d) if you choose just block, remove then thats how you end up with all the loose data nodes.

You will have to fix the name usally when you paste as it names the new mesh piece randomly from target mesh list and usually picks something like "biped 01 L Calf" for example, rename this to proper mesh name like Shirt or whatever. Becareful also of random material names when pasting, for instance having material name of "scene root" will cause blender to break mesh on export, causes multiple scene roots.

Hope that helps, sorry to be so long winded. :)

And oh yes your neck seem looks great!

Thanks ill Mess around with it more.

And yeah the neck seem only shows up when Directly under a Light.

Happy to know i did good on that.

Couldn't find a Public Resource For These Icons i made.

These are Several Icons I Made or Recreated for Mod Use.

Some i recently made out of inspiration of some mods i am trying out.

Hope you Enjoy.

Pip-GirlTemplate.zip

NOTE: If you need help on making icons Feel Free to Ask me.

Also If you would Like Me to make you a Pip-Icon I would be happy to do so..

Just long as its not TOO complex

Been Working heavily on body mesh editing and was able to fix my original Detailed mesh that had a weird dark skin issue like the male model.

i started all over and added nipples, belly button, Vagina and anus. 

post-193195-0-86302600-1407600937_thumb.png

post-193195-0-00121600-1407600964_thumb.png

post-193195-0-62025700-1407600974_thumb.png

post-193195-0-02782300-1407600989_thumb.png

works and looks great  so far.

Thinking of making it BNB able.

any things i should know before trying Breast movement Nodes?

also here is the mesh.

FemaleUpperBody_DTM.nif

Archived