Standalone Character Requests

Expired6978

Since I've been getting so many requests I've decided to open a thread for this; I intend to write a few scripts to make this process quick for myself so I'll ask that before submitting you organize the required files into the appropriate structure BEFORE making your request.

SUBMISSIONS I WILL NOT ACCEPT:

-Multiple requests from the same users, (except for special circumstances) so please only upload your best.

-Any submission without an archive (How would you expect me to do this with only a screenshot?)

-Any improperly formatted archives (See formatting below)

-Any archives that do not contain the exported CharGen files (Without this I cannot create the head correctly)

-Any archives that are missing the required files (The script I write will undoubtedly error in this case)

-Any archives larger than 50mb post-compression (Because when I re-upload them it's going to take me forever, my upload is awful)

Submissions are not restricted to RaceMenu only, but you WILL need to include the files exported by CharGen, which will require you to at most temporarily install RaceMenu, your ECE face should remain unaffected during this process. 

I imagine most of the requests I'm going to get will be for females so this will be the format until I make a separate script for males. 

Note that it is up to you to include the correct textures so please do this right the first time, I will make an exception only once if you screw this up.

Submission format:

-Character Name

-Face Screenshot from ShowRaceMenu (Preferably no elaborate ENB and wrapped in a spoiler)

-Full Body Screenshot (Preferably no elaborate ENB and wrapped in a spoiler)

-One archive of required files (Please only upload to hosts that do not require registration)

Archive Format (7z/zip/rar):

Place all files in a folder named after your character name

CharacterName.npc (console command SPF CharacterName)

CharacterName.slot (Optional, RaceMenu format only NOT ECE)

Meshes:

Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/TIMESTAMP.nif (The one you export with RaceMenu)

femalebody_0.nif

femalebody_1.nif

femalehands_0.nif

femalehands_1.nif

femalefeet_0.nif

femalefeet_1.nif

skeleton_female.nif

Textures:

Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/TIMESTAMP.dds (This gets exported with the mesh)

femalebody_1.dds

femalebody_1_msn.dds

femalebody_1_s.dds

femalebody_1_sk.dds

femalehands_1.dds

femalehands_1_msn.dds

femalehands_1_s.dds

femalehands_1_sk.dds

femalehead.dds

femalehead_msn.dds

femalehead_s.dds

femalehead_sk.dds

Head Part specific textures These won't be named what are here but are specific to the parts you used, rename them to the following:

hair

hair_n.dds

beard (When applicable)

beard_n.dds (When applicable)

eye.dds

eye_n.dds

eye_sk.dds

brow.dds

brow_n.dds

Although I assume I know the answer to this question, I'll ask it anyway - in the vein of many of my college profs who told me that there are no stupid questions, only unasked ones:

I am making a guess that you are allowing people to build their "fantasy" character via the character creation screen and then exporting said features (and associated required files, etc) into a nice convenient package to send to you so that you can then build them a custom stand-alone follower (or I suppose if someone was a masochist, a modder's resource) that they could then use as s/he saw fit? 

If so, I applaud you.  I cherish the rough hour or so I get online every couple of days, and most of that is spent aiming at stability improvements.  Learning to mod anything is still a pipe-dream for me.  *sigh*

Although I assume I know the answer to this question, I'll ask it anyway - in the vein of many of my college profs who told me that there are no stupid questions, only unasked ones:

I am making a guess that you are allowing people to build their "fantasy" character via the character creation screen and then exporting said features (and associated required files, etc) into a nice convenient package to send to you so that you can then build them a custom stand-alone follower (or I suppose if someone was a masochist, a modder's resource) that they could then use as s/he saw fit? 

If so, I applaud you.  I cherish the rough hour or so I get online every couple of days, and most of that is spent aiming at stability improvements.  Learning to mod anything is still a pipe-dream for me.  *sigh*

Yes. Though it seems people aren't interested if they have to do any work beyond archiving their whole character assets folder. I only ask for the formatting so I don't end up spending more time than I need to.

I'm interested, but I have some questions first.

1. You specified files don't include information for hair meshes.  How do you want those packaged and named?
  2. I use Ethereal Elven Overhaul, which alters parts of the various elves' headmeshes.  How will that affect this, if at all?
  3. Do you prefer characters you turn into standalone followers be publicly released, or can the follower I request be private?

I'm interested, but I have some questions first.

1. You specified files don't include information for hair meshes.  How do you want those packaged and named?
  2. I use Ethereal Elven Overhaul, which alters parts of the various elves' headmeshes.  How will that affect this, if at all?
  3. Do you prefer characters you turn into standalone followers be publicly released, or can the follower I request be private?

1. I don't need the hair meshes because they are baked into the exported head, but I still need the textures. It's preferred you don't use hair styles that are private assets (SG Hair, for reasons posted in other threads regarding this hair pack)

2. Doesn't matter, this is also baked into the exported head.

3. Public only please, I may still do a private request if you package it correctly.

Private requests don't really need to be standalone in the first place if you're the only one using it. If you're sharing it among a select group that's fine but that doesn't really benefit anyone else. The purpose of fulfilling requests here is that they are public, while I am taking my own time to do this I'd prefer the results not reach only a select few, or single person.

Just wondering about your format there.

What about custom tintmasks that we may use in creating our presets? like skintone.dds or femalecheeks.dds or femalenordlips.dds

The result of your tint masks is exported with the mesh, the result is what NPCs use. Depending your SKSE settings the resolution of the tint mask may differ.

Just wondering about your format there.

What about custom tintmasks that we may use in creating our presets? like skintone.dds or femalecheeks.dds or femalenordlips.dds

The result of your tint masks is exported with the mesh, the result is what NPCs use. Depending your SKSE settings the resolution of the tint mask may differ.

Ah alright good to know.

I've been trying to make a good looking Ningheim with an asian look and I've been using Fair Skin Complexion + Asian Doll Face (which is for FSC) which has several tinkmask files in there.

So, seeing the follower Tamara Valen above, I decided to download it & try it out. I'm guessing this is because I don't have the same mods as the requestor, but I get weird coloration of her skin from the neck down, armored or not. Just letting you know, in case others decide to use this.

So, seeing the follower Tamara Valen above, I decided to download it & try it out. I'm guessing this is because I don't have the same mods as the requestor, but I get weird coloration of her skin from the neck down, armored or not. Just letting you know, in case others decide to use this.

It's not up to me to fix any neck seam issues caused by mismatched head/body textures.

Is there a guide for those adventurous of us to try to attempt to do such a thing ourselves somewhere?

Or am I just too stupid and can't find one from my poorly worded google searches?

Not that I know of, the idea is to separate all the assets. Those would include all the body, hand, and feet meshes, along with their included textures. Meshes are kept track of via ArmorAddons and Armor, the Race and/or ActorBase tell which naked Armor to use. I made a template ESP and a TES5Edit script to accelerate the relinking of CK assets. You need to do the head nif manually, or with NifMerger (Which doesn't do mismatching vertices) so I do it manually in NifSkope, you essentially just relink all of the head texture paths to unique paths and copy the NiTriShapeData from the CharGen exported head onto the destination head from the CK, for mismatching vertex parts you also need to link the NiSkinData and NiSkinPartition.

Is there a guide for those adventurous of us to try to attempt to do such a thing ourselves somewhere?

Or am I just too stupid and can't find one from my poorly worded google searches?

Try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25673/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33106/?

If you want to make a follower using 'Chargen' then you need this also:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Using_a_face_made_with_Chargen_Extension_on_an_NPC_for_Skyrim

Try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25673/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33106/?

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Using_a_face_made_with_Chargen_Extension_on_an_NPC_for_Skyrim

This covers the basic concepts of transferring the exported vertex data. It doesn't cover advanced usage where you actually transfer something with mismatching vertices or actually making all of the assets standalone.

This covers the basic concepts of transferring the exported vertex data. It doesn't cover advanced usage where you actually transfer something with mismatching vertices or actually making all of the assets standalone.

Yes it doesn't cover mismaching verticles but the first two tutorials actually covers all of the standalone assets. About the mismaching verticles can you teach noobs like us to manually do that in nifskope? Another thing when I open a exported chargen head mesh file (with modified nif.xml) it shows many error massages. Is it normal?

Yes it doesn't cover mismaching verticles but the first two tutorials actually covers all of the standalone assets. About the mismaching verticles can you teach noobs like us to manually do that in nifskope? Another thing when I open a exported chargen head mesh file (with modified nif.xml) it shows many error massages. Is it normal?

You're likely using a mod called Face Light, or something like it. That mod adds an NiPointLight to the skeleton, NifSkope is unable to load this node because it not only has an infinite recursion loop, but also isn't correctly supported by NifSkope. I've never actually seen the game load an NiPointLight node, I believe this node is created internally by the game.

Similar reason why you need the extras in nif.xml, the game has a different naming convention for some nodes, luckily those nodes aren't actually different and just have alternate names of known types. This is not the case for NiPointLight, this node is actually not correct in NifSkope and I haven't bothered to actually decode the differences, it's easier if the user just uninstalls the mod.

I don't know what Face Light is actually for other than providing light, perhaps it's meant for having a light that follows the face? This is the only purpose for this mod that I can think of that couldn't be achieved by just putting a static light in-front of your player.

You're likely using a mod called Face Light, or something like it. That mod adds an NiPointLight to the skeleton, NifSkope is unable to load this node because it not only has an infinite recursion loop, but also isn't correctly supported by NifSkope. I've never actually seen the game load an NiPointLight node, I believe this node is created internally by the game.

Similar reason why you need the extras in nif.xml, the game has a different naming convention for some nodes, luckily those nodes aren't actually different and just have alternate names of known types. This is not the case for NiPointLight, this node is actually not correct in NifSkope and I haven't bothered to actually decode the differences, it's easier if the user just uninstalls the mod.

I don't know what Face Light is actually for other than providing light, perhaps it's meant for having a light that follows the face? This is the only purpose for this mod that I can think of that couldn't be achieved by just putting a static light in-front of your player.

Thanks for the info. I was opening a friend's chargen head mesh who got facelight installed. But there is no problem with my chargen head mesh because I don't have facelight installed. What about the tutorial?

Howdy,

Remymartin, creator of Natalya (the oppai girl) has agreed to let his character be made a companion, does he just need to upload the CME file? There are plenty of screen shots around of her that I can easily link you to...

Howdy,

Remymartin, creator of Natalya (the oppai girl) has agreed to let his character be made a companion, does he just need to upload the CME file? There are plenty of screen shots around of her that I can easily link you to...

I think everything has been explained properly in the first post. Expired does not do with CME save. So CME file won't do any good. By the way if I am not mistaken Remymartin has used 'Chargen' (not ECE) to make Natalya (according to his UNPBO thread). So he just need to follow the first post (exported head mesh and texture files, body mesh and textures, head part specific textures etc) to make the request. I am also eagerly waiting for the follower.

Howdy,

I think everything has been explained properly in the first post. Expired does not do with CME save. So CME file won't do any good. By the way if I am not mistaken Remymartin has used 'Chargen' (not ECE) to make Natalya (according to his UNPBO thread). So he just need to follow the first post (exported head mesh and texture files, body mesh and textures, head part specific textures etc) to make the request. I am also eagerly waiting for the follower.

Correct, I don't do CME saves. However, as long as the head is exported the face data can still be used. The assets outlined here are basically so I don't have to install a plethora of mods and do most of the work just to get it to look right. The only things I need to do are setup the plugin to be directed to unique assets (I have a TES5Edit script for this now), copy the face data onto a CK head, then redirect the exported head assets to the unique assets outlined here, this I do this last part by hand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived