BlueSky - canceled SexoutNG port

Well why not try to convert the old lovers mods to skyrim and reskin the meshes and textures to new?

There is no converting. The language and structure are so different that every mod is going to have to be brand new, or a 'port'. The animations *might* move over easily, it depends on if the skeleton bone names are the same or not.

Textures and meshes are another matter entirely; they are the realm of the "body maker" guys, not the framework modders like myself.

Well why not try to convert the old lovers mods to skyrim and reskin the meshes and textures to new?

There is no converting. The language and structure are so different that every mod is going to have to be brand new' date=' or a 'port'. The animations *might* move over easily, it depends on if the skeleton bone names are the same or not.

Textures and meshes are another matter entirely; they are the realm of the "body maker" guys, not the framework modders like myself.

[/quote']

Then recode it to be use in skyrim

There is no converting. The language and structure are so different that every mod is going to have to be brand new' date=' or a 'port'. The animations *might* move over easily, it depends on if the skeleton bone names are the same or not.

[/quote']

That is what 'porting' is, and it's what we're working on already.

[/quote']

That is what 'porting' is, and it's what we're working on already.

Not the Oblivion Lovers With Pk Mods. prideslayer

Hey Prideslayer' date=' i know you are not an animator, but i just read what fore said in the "Sex Animations" Thread

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=5130

and well i'm a total noob, but that sounds like it will be a long time (if ever) until it will be possible to add new animations (not replace existing ones) in skyrim.

[/quote']

Well, that's a disappointing bit of news. The idle controller in the CK which I hadn't even bothered opening until now shows the character idles are no longer standalone .kf files, but are in .hkx files (havok archives). Why bethesda did this is beyond me, but the niftools guys are hard at work decoding the format. It'll likely be several weeks until animations are ready.

I seriously doubt it will be "never." It's just a file format, it will get figured out.

(I mean weeks until LIBS are ready, like niftools/niflib, in order for animations to be made. The animations will come pretty quickly after that I hope.)

[/quote']

Feel free to begin your own community wide project that successfully ports an extremely complicated group project to an entirely new platform using an entirely new engine...

I seriously doubt it will be "never." It's just a file format' date=' it will get figured out.

[/quote']

Yeah, i've been following Bethesda's games and mods for them for quite a while, and there is no "never" when it comes to modding them. Something being diffcult is merely a delay, something being impossible means a way around it will be found. It may take a while, but it will happen.

Still, disappointing that they made it that difficult considering all the other things they made to make the game more modding friendly.

I seriously doubt it will be "never." It's just a file format' date=' it will get figured out.

[/quote']

Yeah, i've been following Bethesda's games and mods for them for quite a while, and there is no "never" when it comes to modding them. Something being diffcult is merely a delay, something being impossible means a way around it will be found. It may take a while, but it will happen.

Still, disappointing that they made it that difficult considering all the other things they made to make the game more modding friendly.

I agree, very disappointing.

Perhaps someone(s) can convince them to see the light and release their MAX plugins, or at the very least, documentation on what they've done with the havok container.

Yeah, i hope so.

But i would not hope Bethesda will release something that make it easier in the future. I'm pretty sure it was absolutely intentional of them to release it that way, and they will do nothing to change it.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, i'm even fine with steam and that stuff, but it's just a feeling i get considering the direction they are trying to push the modding community.

I aggree with the idea of not rushing this out yet, we have created a heap of stuff for NV and then found a lot of cool things we could have done more easily when someone has popped the hood on a few tricks like skeleton modifications.

If we sort this out at the begining we can start with a standard skeleton that supports dynamicly sizing boobs, bouncing boobs, dick bones and maybe even Dynamically sizing belly's, wings or tails.

I aggree with the idea of not rushing this out yet' date=' we have created a heap of stuff for NV and then found a lot of cool things we could have done more easily when someone has popped the hood on a few tricks like skeleton modifications.

If we sort this out at the begining we can start with a standard skeleton that supports dynamicly sizing boobs, bouncing boobs, dick bones and maybe even Dynamically sizing belly's, wings or tails.

[/quote']

For mod creators, I'd suggest looking at Radiant Story for implementing "scenes" or short "quests" that simulate various sexual encounters. If we use the strengths of this new engine, I think we can get some excellent results. Our Radiant Stories can then call BlueSky to handle the actual "act".

I aggree with the idea of not rushing this out yet' date=' we have created a heap of stuff for NV and then found a lot of cool things we could have done more easily when someone has popped the hood on a few tricks like skeleton modifications.

[/quote']

For mod creators, I'd suggest looking at Radiant Story for implementing "scenes" or short "quests" that simulate various sexual encounters. If we use the strengths of this new engine, I think we can get some excellent results. Our Radiant Stories can then call BlueSky to handle the actual "act".

It looks like the story is going to work fine to implement bluesky itself as well, thanks for the tip. I have a little work done, but nothing is getting released or "published" until I've thought my way through all the interfaces so I'm sure they are going to do what they need to do without being changed.

Nothing worse than changing interfaces on modders. Did that already twice with SexoutNG, I'm committed to not doing it again without a damn good reason -- there or here.

On another "why is this going to take a while" subject, while I beg everyones patience, I thought I'd share some little SexoutNG factoids. I'm in the middle of writing up refreshed documentation and some posts in this thread encouraged me to explain why mods like Sexout, core Lovers, and BlueSky are needed in the first place.

I think some people "don't get it" when it comes to how complex these core mods actually are, and why it would be insane for a standalone sexmod to include everything it needs "in itself."

At current count, SexoutNG.ESM alone has:

- 9 quests

- 49 scripts

- 26 spells

- 34 misc items

- nearly 500 individual animation files (.kfs).

The ESM is approaching 800KB in size.

This is all with absolutely no dialog, spawned NPCs, user 'runnable' quests, or world cell modifications of any kind. The only user interaction it offers by itself is the configuration menu and the debugging 'weapons' like the "reset gun" and "rape punch."

This is all to provide an easy interface to other modders who want to focus on the creative aspects of mods: Creating user-playable quests and scenarios, writing dialog, and things like that -- then add in a sex scene with just three lines of script (at the most basic level).

That's an idea of the magnitude of the project. I will do my best to have the interface published and available next weekend, but it may be longer than that. Until animations are available though, the download won't be of any real use to anyone except other modders to begin building their own mods.

As soon as the animation tools are ready and animations created, everything we're doing now will suddenly "just work."

On another "why is this going to take a while" subject' date=' while I beg everyones patience, I thought I'd share some little SexoutNG factoids. I'm in the middle of writing up refreshed documentation and some posts in this thread encouraged me to explain why mods like Sexout, core Lovers, and BlueSky are needed in the first place.

I think some people "don't get it" when it comes to how complex these core mods actually are, and why it would be insane for a standalone sexmod to include everything it needs "in itself."

At current count, SexoutNG.ESM alone has:

- 9 quests

- 49 scripts

- 26 spells

- 34 misc items

- nearly 500 individual animation files (.kfs).

The ESM is approaching 800KB in size.

This is all with absolutely no dialog, spawned NPCs, user 'runnable' quests, or world cell modifications of any kind. The only user interaction it offers by itself is the configuration menu and the debugging 'weapons' like the "reset gun" and "rape punch."

This is all to provide an easy interface to other modders who want to focus on the creative aspects of mods: Creating user-playable quests and scenarios, writing dialog, and things like that -- then add in a sex scene with just three lines of script (at the most basic level).

That's an idea of the magnitude of the project. I will do my best to have the interface published and available next weekend, but it may be longer than that. Until animations are available though, the download won't be of any real use to anyone except other modders to begin building their own mods.

As soon as the animation tools are ready and animations created, everything we're doing now will suddenly "just work."

[/quote']

I second this, my PregnancyNG mod alone is another 950kb, Sexout Community Resources is another 500kb, the way we are doing this is yet another evolution of what they started with Lovers in Oblivion, so Skrim itself is yet another learning process for us modders, the coding languages aren't standard coding languages for this, similar, but as close in language as NewYorkian American is to Ye Old English :)

We all have our own little niches, some of us can code but have no idea how to create animations, meshes & textures or the time to do so, it needs to be a community effort from many people workling together, and PrideSlayer is going to need a team for Skyrim, some of which will follow him from NV some will be new from Skyrim modding.

So yeah a litle patientience helps a bit, we need to get basic sex working before we can get too fancy, but yes we do try to allow ourselves options so the fancy stuff can be added later, and when it is added it will be probably be from people reading this like yourself becoming people like myself, Loogie & many others who aren't computer programmers and have learnt enough the basic steps to create plugins using the core Systems Prideslayer and others are building :)

And as an example of how big gameplay plugins are, SexoutLegion and SexoutWorkingGirl are just a bit below 300k - the scripts are light because of all the hard work from Prideslayer (all most of the scripts in my Tryout mods have to do is call Sexout commands) and that's in NPCs, dialog and world items that control the flow of the action. The basic scripts to run one of the Tryout mods only weighs in at about 40k; when you want complicated stuff, you get bloat.

This of course doesn't count the multiple megabytes of information used for datapacks that allow the player to actually see items.

Without gameplay plugins, Sexout and pregnancy just sit there, because there's no action without someone making a scenario. These don't happen overnight; the Tryout project got picked up by me at a basic level in April of 2011 and didn't start active development until August or so of 2011.

[/quote']

It looks like the story is going to work fine to implement bluesky itself as well, thanks for the tip. I have a little work done, but nothing is getting released or "published" until I've thought my way through all the interfaces so I'm sure they are going to do what they need to do without being changed.

Nothing worse than changing interfaces on modders. Did that already twice with SexoutNG, I'm committed to not doing it again without a damn good reason -- there or here.

NP on the Radiant Story tip. The engine is optimized to implement the Radiant Story system so no sense in us trying to bash our head against a brick wall trying to shoehorn a methodology into the engine when it already exists in an optimized format.

if it was that simple it would already be finished, be patient.. This will take some time to do right.. It will not be finsihed in 2 days. but more like weeks or months to come.

Don't forget lovers with pk, took 2 years to come this far. you can;t expect 2years work to be finished in only 2 days. This is brand new engine new scripting language etc..

Just throwing an idea out there. With the courier service in skyrim you could add a mail delivery system for a prostitution plugin. For example as your characters "sex level" gets to a certain point' date=' more prominent figures in the skyrim world could send a "work" request via courier letter.

Of course the pay from these courier clients would be much higher compared to "street work"

[/quote']

Thats an idea for another mod, not for bluesky itself, which is going to be (basically) a port of SexoutNG -- an engine (system, framework) for managing sex animations and so on, but it won't have any built in encounters or dialog itself.

@Donkey

You could always get the student copy of 3DS Max which is free from the Autodesk website.

I sent him a PM explaining how to do this. I'm more curious about why he needs/wants it? I have it myself and much prefer it to blender' date=' but the niftools plugins for MAX have been lagging well behind the ones for blender.

Has that situation changed? Is there a working set of niftools for MAX now that is 'better' than the blender version??

[/quote']

thanks but i am sticking with blender, don't want to fully start from scratch again learning to animate in a new programm blender took me to much time to master already.

Sorry if this is a stupid question' date=' but what are the animation limitations you reference?

[/quote']

Prideslayer is speaking of the animation limitations on adding new ones. You can't add any new animations with how Bethesda...scripted that game. Right now, if you want to add any animations you have to replace it with any old one. Some examples would be animation "buttsex" replaces the animation "getintobed". That is the current problem. Hopefully, the SKSE team is on this problem like white on rice and will remedy this for us. Probably not for a good while though, but keep your hopes up.