BlueSky - canceled SexoutNG port

hay PrideSlayer' date=' can you release a small demo, on to see what are you doing?

[/quote']

Nothing to release right now, it's just plots and plans, drawing on what I did right (and wrong) in SexoutNG. I'll release something and update the OP as soon as the CK is out.

Beth is still saying "this month"' date=' which would mean next monday or tuesday. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer, though.

Anyway, looking forward to this :D

[/quote']

Yeah I'm not counting on it being out this month, but I'd rather it's done right and late than buggy and "on time", as "on time" is basically useless if it's full of bugs.

There's a post from an admin on the beth forums that says (emphasis mine):

We really appreciate the feedback from our Steam Beta. We anticipate the 1.4 update going live next week for all on the PC and being sent to the console manufacturers. The Creation Kit won’t be far behind.

Which I read as 1.4 being on time, or maybe slipping by a day or two. The CK some time after that. Reading between the lines, once the patch is ready they'll be able to release some manpower in order to finish getting the CK ready for release.

Which could mean another week or two, depending on how hard it is to find any bugs. It may be sooner, but I'm guessing we might get it in time for Valentine's Day.

("Happy valentine's darling - as a special treat, I'm going to spend tonight working on a sex slavery mod for Skyrim". That's me sleeping on the couch for a week :))

Beth is still saying "this month"' date=' which would mean next monday or tuesday. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer, though.

Anyway, looking forward to this :D

[/quote']

Yeah I'm not counting on it being out this month, but I'd rather it's done right and late than buggy and "on time", as "on time" is basically useless if it's full of bugs.

Knowing bethesda count that it will be buggy as hell.. They never fixed the navmesh bug.. :huh: Also it was modders who made tes extender not them. :D The only thing they are very good at, is stripping there tools to bare minimum.

Btw sexout is more developped than lovers for oblivion ? I mean side mods with quest and stuff like loversbitch' date=' lovers crowning isle, etc ? As i guess that the core mods are quite similar.

[/quote']

The lovers mods have been around a lot longer and tend to have more detail and depth to them, especially those two that you mention. There isn't anything as broad as crowning isle for SexoutNG yet. The FONV mods are more sandboxy than quest driven on the whole.

System wise, both are capable of doing things that the other doesn't or can't, mostly due to differences in the script extenders and the scripting language itself. The GECK can do things the TESCK can't, and OBSE can do things NVSE can't. They are comperable for the most part, but SexoutNG is getting new features frequently since it is under active development.

I started work on it to add hooks/callbacks and 3somes, and have just kept going from there. Both are features absent in Lovers, and to my knowledge, 3somes are unique to SexoutNG out of any 3D game sex mod.

Great to see you are porting Sexout to Skyrim. Can't wait to see my cbbe v3 body in action!

Do you plan to add bbb to the animations from the start?

To only thing i would like to be a bit more present in BlueSky than it is in Sexout are Lesbian animations, and stuff like fisting.

I liked the fisting stuff in the other other fnv sexmods, but i don't think i ever seen one in Sexout? And i think something like that would also do great for rape scenes (especially rape 3somes) and maybe Beast Scenes (especially before they got a proper dick:D)

Oh and Friends and Lovers for Oblivion also had 3somes, but unlike Sexout F&L was totally bugged.

Really looking forward to BlueSky, Good Luck with the porting guys!

Great to see you are porting Sexout to Skyrim. Can't wait to see my cbbe v3 body in action!

Do you plan to add bbb to the animations from the start?

I am not (yet) an animator' date=' so that part will be up to others. I'll do what I can to bring over the existing SexoutNG animation files, though I have no idea right now if they are remotely compatible. If the skeletons have the same bone names, then they should work reasonably well.

Not a fan of CBBE myself. Glad to see dimon99 is "back in the game," UNP looks like it has potential.

To only thing i would like to be a bit more present in BlueSky than it is in Sexout are Lesbian animations, and stuff like fisting.

I liked the fisting stuff in the other other fnv sexmods, but i don't think i ever seen one in Sexout? And i think something like that would also do great for rape scenes (especially rape 3somes) and maybe Beast Scenes (especially before they got a proper dick:D)

This is really up to people who know how to make the animations, or people who are willing to learn. I'm in the latter camp, but I plain cannot stand blender versions prior to 2.6. I'm doing what I can to get the nif plugins working with MAX2012 but it's a real chore.

There was only one 'fisting' animation in sexout, and I have it disabled right now (not in the random picker) since it looks more like the girl was just getting punched in the vajayjay. There are quite a few eat-out animations that work with MF or FF, and some face-sitting ones as well.

Oh and Friends and Lovers for Oblivion also had 3somes, but unlike Sexout F&L was totally bugged.

Really looking forward to BlueSky, Good Luck with the porting guys!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly a beta this weekend. More likely, next weekend. Once it is released, it won't actually "work" right away I don't think. I haven't tried yet, but I'm doubtful that the existing sexout animations will work, due to skeletal differences.

If they don't, then having it actually do anything other than undress the characters and move them into position is going to have to wait for the animators to produce the anim files -- or for me to learn how.. ;)

prideslayer, there is already a few animations, but it is from RSV2, that is atleast a start. Till there is an easy way from blender to skyrim. I don't have 3dmax. So unless they fix blender there is no way for me to even start yet.

prideslayer' date=' there is already a few animations, but it is from RSV2, that is atleast a start. Till there is an easy way from blender to skyrim. I don't have 3dmax. So unless they fix blender there is no way for me to even start yet.

[/quote']

Gotcha, no problem. We'll all get there eventually, getting there less than a week after release of the CK is pretty ambitious.. :)

Just throwing an idea out there. With the courier service in skyrim you could add a mail delivery system for a prostitution plugin. For example as your characters "sex level" gets to a certain point, more prominent figures in the skyrim world could send a "work" request via courier letter.

Of course the pay from these courier clients would be much higher compared to "street work"

Just throwing an idea out there. With the courier service in skyrim you could add a mail delivery system for a prostitution plugin. For example as your characters "sex level" gets to a certain point' date=' more prominent figures in the skyrim world could send a "work" request via courier letter.

Of course the pay from these courier clients would be much higher compared to "street work"

[/quote']

Thats an idea for another mod, not for bluesky itself, which is going to be (basically) a port of SexoutNG -- an engine (system, framework) for managing sex animations and so on, but it won't have any built in encounters or dialog itself.

@Donkey

You could always get the student copy of 3DS Max which is free from the Autodesk website.

I sent him a PM explaining how to do this. I'm more curious about why he needs/wants it? I have it myself and much prefer it to blender, but the niftools plugins for MAX have been lagging well behind the ones for blender.

Has that situation changed? Is there a working set of niftools for MAX now that is 'better' than the blender version??

prideslayer' date=' I love to try this sexout port with pregnancy mod that halstorm made, and I hope you release a trial soon.

[/quote']

We're still a little ways out guys.

I'm not a nexus modder, and this isn't nexus. What that means to me is that I'm not going to release something before it's ready just to be the first one out the door to try and grab some fleeting fame and glory.. ;)

The initial release will probably be next week, but I expect there will be no sex animations ready yet at that time, so the mod will simply play dancing animations or something else available in the vanilla game.

The main purpose behind that first release will be to get it in front of the other modders (like Halstrom), so they can begin work.

The sex animations are 'the whole point' for many of the players, but a lack of animations initially will not prevent us from creating the mods and having them function. Once the system is in place, replacing one animation with another is the easiest part of the whole thing, so you can be sure that as soon as animations are available -- they will be integrated.

Be patient, the CK hasn't even been out a week yet. :)