[Idea] Devious (Dangerous) Assistance

traveller_phi

I have been thinking about LADL, Devious Devices + player capture mods, and difficulty. Once locked up, there are only three ways really to escape the devices.

1. Force the locks: This requires a high level character, as the default setting give only a 15% chance to a character with a skill maxed at at 100%. If the difficulty is dropped to something a low level character can manage, then they won't even slow down the character after some more levels.

2. Get the book in Winterhold and learn to craft keys. This requires some level of experience in order to pass the entrance exam, but not nearly the amount required to force the locks. Still this suffers from a stepped difficulty, where keys quickly shift from being near impossible to craft to being trivial, once the PC is able to aquire the resources needed.

3. DD FtM: Kill bandits and such until you find keys. But if bandits are who initially robbed and bound you, it will be much harder to come back and kill them now that you are at a disadvantage.

So what is the solution for a low level PC who has been robbed of all their possessions? There is the chance to gain help with the armbinder, which is supposed to be the exception. But if we expanded it, but made it dangerous, it can fit as route appropriate for a low level/down on her luck PC to get back on her feet.

Allow the character to beg for help, with the following possible outcomes (in rough order of probability)

• Player is raped, since she is so helpless.
  • Player is robbed and raped. (random items/gold stolen. Strong discouragement for players able to escape through other means)
  • NPC helps the player out of 1 or more devices
  • NPC helps the player out of 1 or more devices, but also robs the player for payment.
  • NPC gives the player some other assistance (piece of food, a couple of coins, ...)
  • Player is enslaved - would require some sort of hook into a player enslavement mod, so mostly a future idea.

Characters able to do one of the above would probably still be best served by doing those, so it won't be an easy out for more powerful PCs to escape their bondage. Perhaps not allow "harmless" devices to be removed this way, to encourage players to seek out the other methods to fully unlock themselves. Harmless would be something like the collars and cuffs, which offer no in game restrictions. And perhaps the chastity belt, that is a border case, especially with cursed plugs that distract the player during combat.

Ideally I imagine a game with the difficulty tuned so that the player faces a long hard struggle with many setbacks until they have the skills and resources to stay out of trouble and get ahead. The cure to being defeated by bandits and locked in gear should not be "oh, better keep attacking bandits until I find the keys" but "I guess I have to find another way out, and avoid bandits until I am really ready for them."

I'd very much like to see this, especially NPCs being a little more helpful when they see you locked in several devices. I think it would also be lore friendly if all blacksmiths offered some kind of removal service (for a price of course) for locked devices. 

I was thinking about making a kinda simplified version of this idea. It was supposed to allow you to ask any NPC you're friendly with to try removing your restraints using the same formula that's normally used to escape only it would use the NPC's skill level instead of player's. So it would be possible to go to thieves guild and ask someone to pick the lock or to college and ask the mages there.

But it's so far down my priority list I don't think I'll have time for it anytime soonish ._. but if some other modder would like to use this idea that would be okays too

I could certainly see the friendlyness of an NPC reducing the chance of being robbed and increase the chance of being helped. (Raped may depend on just how the PC became friendly ... "Sure I will help you, but you just look so sexy locked up like that ..." ;) ) But my original idea was based around the idea at any sort of realistic difficulty levels, a PC who has been stripped and bound would need help getting back on her feet. That is sort of the point of being bound and left helpless. The robbing component is basically to ensure it is only being used by PCs who have hit rock bottom, and really don't have anything else to lose.

Basically I would like to have an overall difficulty level that results in a bound and helpless player is not able to pull herself back up by her own bootstraps, yet doesn't result in game over when captured and bound either.

Something related to gags would be good too.  Maybe replace the default greeting with a comment about the gag, with the player able to beg for help by moaning.  Depending on player arousal, they might interpret the moan as either "I can't speak, help me." or "I need sex, fuck me."

I like the idea of getting the gag removed in particular.  I've got no problem  being stuck in the chastity belt and bra until my lock picking skills or magic get high enough to remove them, but the gag, the gag for me is the killer.  I can't sell things, I can't eat (without a ring gag, and bandits never use those), and I can't even give someone a blowjob as a thank you for helping me out of the armbinder (not that that is really necessary). I feel that the blacksmiths should be really the ones who help with this, simply because they are the ones with the tools to break locks or cut leather.  However, anything secured with leather, mainly the blindfold and gag, should be removable by anyone with a dagger, just at the risk of doing damage, possibly a lot of damage (this is your head after all), to the player.  

Archived