[request] feet and hands (CHSBHC compatible)

Nebel

I'm currently working on textures for CHSBHC that uses femfeet 3.0, but unfortunately this week is pretty hectic for me so I've only gotten the normal map made today since it's just a quick bake after fixing the seams. As for the hands though, I hadn't planned on messing with them but they were bugging me as well so I'll probably do something about that before too long. Maybe someone else will release something before I do, but rest assured you'll see something in the next couple days.

Just a quick update here. As soon as I can figure out how to get the new hand mesh to deform between weights I'll be done and ready to release seamless hands and feet for CHSBHC. I'm hoping to release it Thursday evening but I've got a 36 hour work day starting tommorrow and I'll be pretty exhausted by the time I get off Thursday evening.

Just a quick update here. As soon as I can figure out how to get the new hand mesh to deform between weights

In max this is straightforward: import both meshes (hands and body) on the same skeleton; check that the mesh seams have the same number of overlapping (use snap) vertices (skin utility could be useful in case it is necessary to redo skinning, Xform, bla-bla-bla); copy (e.g. from the body mesh)/paste (to the corresponding/overlapping hand vertices) skin weights one by one or also use skin utility; export only one mesh (e.g. hands). This is theory working in general. However, Skyrim has a peculiarity to unpredictably "correct" certain things (like texture paths).

This correct only mesh seams: texture and normals seams is another story.

:)

The seams are easy to fix. I merge the two meshes together, bake the normal map from that and then separate them again that way the tangents are guaranteed to be the same along the seam. The problem I'm having is that when I export the mesh for the smallest scale it works fine, and then when I fix the hands to match seamlessly with the large scale body and export it the result ends up a garbled mess even though there should be identical number of vertices and the vertices are all unchanged except around the seam where I scale it a bit. Unfortunately I can't fix the hands until that's done. I've remapped the hands so the nails are no longer f'd up so I'd really like to be able to release it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello.

anyone have a fix they can link? Only think close i've found is the NBP body.

This ^. For me, I had to combine with Caliente's BBE hand meshes and textures in order to look abit nicer... but still not even close to fixing it. So... someone who has found a fix for it, please share with us.

Thanks.

Archived